Alacati Travel Answers

change location

bus from cesme to alacati

by robc60 Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 11:47 AM

we are staying in cesme this june and hope to do some windsurfing in alacati.
is there a bus service which goes from cesme to the alacati windsurfing area
or do you think it would be easier to get a taxi or hire a car. we don't realy want to hire a car. after driving in london every day i like to have a rest from driving.

thanks robc

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Tdiver's Profile Photo

Re: bus from cesme to alacati

by Tdiver Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Sorry no service to the windsurfing beach just the town and it costs 6 pounds from there. Traffic in the area is almost nothing so hire is good and it's easier getting from the airport if you don't have a shuttle provided. Motorway from Izmir is a bit busy for 15 miles then it's a 3 lane joy with almost nothing on it. Map on my Alacati page, windsurfing beach directly south of the town. It's an hours walk, i know, i did it. By car from Cesme 10 minutes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sirvictor's Profile Photo

Re: bus from cesme to alacati

by Sirvictor Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Alacati is an old fishing town near Cesme. You can reach to Alacati by bus or dolmus from Cesme. It takes only half an hour. You can find buses or dolmus until 24:00 hours late at night. This old fishing town has became a cultural attraction of Cesme. The old houses are restored and turned into fine restaurants, art galaries, and shops. Visitors are mainly rich Turks who live in Izmir. Because of its natural position Alacati is the 3rd best surfing place in the whole world. I advice to visit Alacati.
    "A mixture of Istanbul's famous Ortakoy and Algiers Street"

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines