Al Wilayah al Istiwa'iyah

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Nikon Shop in Khartoum

Khartoum Mar 21, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Hello, is there a NIkon shop in Khartoum? If yes, do they reach DSLR cameras?

Duško, Slovenia

more
    • What is allowed to photograph in Sudan

Sudan Mar 19, 2014 at 1:40 AM

I have read people being arrested photographing confluence of the Miles form the bridge. What exactly is the issue there?

Secondly, A traveller to Sudan told me that photographing bridges and the Nile is not allowed. It's clear that bridges are in many countries considered strategic objects, but the river... Could anyone confirm? I would like to photograph Nile at one of the cataracts.

Thank you for answers.

more

Popular Al Wilayah al Istiwa'iyah Travel Answer Locations

• Kaarina's Profile Photo

Safety situation?

Juba Jan 7, 2014 at 12:50 AM

My husband is maybe wanting to work in Sudan in next autumn. Now it seems it is impossible to travel over there because there is war. Anybody living over there? How are foreigners treated nowadays? (Of course we'll not travel ovar there, if there is war...)

6 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 2:08 AM
    • Going to Juba via Entebbe in mid-November

Juba Sep 22, 2011 at 9:16 AM

I'm headed to an academic conference in Juba in mid-November 2011, via Entebbe by air. I'm an American. I need some up-to-date info.

1. Can you get a visa the airport? Guide books have not caught up to independence, and I can't find the info elsewhere, including South Sudan govt. sites.
      2. Air Uganda flies this route, but a not-so-convenient schedule for me. I'll take it if that's the best option, but suggestions?
      3. The conference is supposed to be at the South Sudan Hotel, for which I can find no reference/website/info whatsoever. Any help? Ideas for accommodation relatively close to it? Anything?

Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 23, 2011 at 3:07 AM
    • sphynxxs's Profile Photo

Zana Hotel contact details?

Juba Jun 10, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Hi, would anyone have an email contact or a phone number for Zana Hotel? I need an affordable place with working and reliable internet when I go to South sudan for the independence, and I heard this place has both good internet and is just a short walk away from Freedom Square. Raha allegedly has good internet as well, but I do not know whether the location is similarly convenient. Was at Hamza when I was last in Juba - a pleasant place, but internet broke down regularly.

thanks!

• Accommodation for 2 months in Juba

Juba Apr 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I will be in Juba for 2 months between May and July 2010. Can someone recommend an inexpensive accommodation which is decent and clean.

1 Answer Apr 30, 2010 at 2:09 AM
    • Any tourist-oriented things to do in Juba?

Juba Nov 13, 2008 at 11:35 PM

I'm transiting through Juba next week and have business elsewhere in Southern Sudan, but while I'm transiting, I have a half day to be a tourist, if this is possible in Juba. Is there anything of interest to see in the city - any monuments or historical sites? Or anything else I should do (I don't plan to do any work in Juba and don't want to see work-oriented places like the UN compound or something like that).

• What about Malakal?

Juba Nov 3, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Does anyone know about accomodation in Malakal, which is further north along the White Nile?

• Anastasia73's Profile Photo

activities in juba

Juba Aug 11, 2007 at 8:24 AM

I wonder if there are few activities in Juba for what-so-called expatriate or international community gathering such as yoga or sport club.

Any information will be great ..

• Anastasia73's Profile Photo

Embassy in Juba

Juba May 20, 2007 at 3:43 AM

Are there any embassies or consulate of schengen states in Juba?

1 Answer May 26, 2007 at 10:14 PM
    • Travel in South Sudan

Juba Oct 10, 2006 at 9:24 PM

Hi,

I'd like to travel to Kajo-Keje in February next year but I saw that the US and UK embassies suggest it is too dangerous. I'm meeting a Southern Sudanese friend there -- how was Juba when you were there in September?

Also do you think it would be best to travel via Kampala (and by road or air?) or from Khartoum or Nairobi?

thanks!

1 Answer Oct 13, 2006 at 6:01 AM
    • need information about south sudan

Juba Jun 26, 2006 at 8:56 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there are easy and safe ways of travlling by land from neighboring countries or from khartoum to south sudan.Any idea or comment is appriciated.

Thanks

1 Answer Jul 10, 2006 at 8:09 PM