change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Unpaid phone bill & tourist visa related queries

Qatar Nov 24, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Hello all :)

I am presently residing in Singapore but I worked in Qatar from 18 Jan 2014 to 20 April 2015 under my company's sponsorship. However, due to some emergency, I had to leave Qatar and couldn't join back in time hence was advised to resign.

Due to this rush and chaos, few legal matters are left unsettled & hence I need your guidance and advice.

1) Since I left Qatar in a rush, I could not terminate my ooreedoo phone number and they kept billing me till Sept 2015 even after I kept sending them emails requesting to terminate my number and now the cumulative bill totals for 3517QAR. However I left Qatar in April and my number stopped working by May since the bill was not paid. The maximum I should pay is till May 2015.

Further, when I tried paying the bill till may, it did not accept non-qatari credit cards and by that time my bank account in Qatar was already closed. Hence I am very scared that ooreedoo will lodge a police complaint against me and I shall be caught by immigration police if I plan to to go GCC countries. Can anyone let me know is it something to be scared about ? and if yes, then how can it be resolved?

2) I am planning to visit Qatar in Feb 2016 to visit some close friends and relatives. But I am scared that since I have not completed 2 years ever since I left Qatar after working, shall there be any issues in obtaining a tourist visa ? How should I apply it to have the maximum approval chances ? (a) Through Qatar Airways (b) Through some hotel in Qatar © Through Qatar Embassy in Singapore (d) Any other suitable option?

Kindly address my above listed queries and many thanks for your time :)
      I look forward to your response at the soonest.

Thank you !