Al Khubar Travel Answers

change location

Lifestyle in Al khobar

by cn48463 Online Now Nov 9, 2006 at 9:54 PM

Hi,

I am gonna stay in Al khubar for 2 yrs. Just wanted to know lifestyle, living cost, extra information you provide me would be appeciated..

Expecting your replies earliest.

Regards,

Christopher

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Lifestyle in Al khobar

by Nyles Online Now Nov 10, 2006 at 4:05 AM

The lifestyle here can be very enjoyable as long as you keep an open mind and are tolerant to the idiosyncrasies of the area. The pace here is more laid-back and relaxing than Western countries. Everything you may need is available here and Khobar has a large ex-pat community. Accomodation will be your largest expense with food, utilities, shopping very reasonable and gasoline, ridiculously cheap! If your company is providing housing, it will more than likely be on a compound which will have other social/recreational facilities available to occupy your free time. It is a great place to save money but there are also lots of other temptations ... being geographically centrally located, wonderful destinations are not far away and there is a lot to see within Saudi as well.

Bahrain is 1 hour drive over the causeway if you need a break and need to see a movie. Come with an open mind and you will find that you will really enjoy your stay here ... If you need any other info, you can contact me.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines