Al Buraymi Travel Answers

change location
CliffClaven's Profile Photo

Post office

by CliffClaven Online Now Aug 9, 2006 at 3:31 AM

Any information about the post office in Buraimi, supposedly a short walk across the border from Al Ain in the UAE?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RE: Post office

by andylaw Online Now Sep 19, 2006 at 11:08 AM

Regret the Al Ain - Buraimi border is no longer an open one and you can only access Buraimi via the Hilli entrance which is some 8 kilometers away from the city towards the Dubai side of Al Ain that is unless you are a GCC National in which case you can use the main entrance opposite the Al Ain City. Great 'Apartheid' experience, like separate toilets etc. In addition you can experience a least an hours delay at the border if you arrive at the wrong time. The other tourist destinations in Buraimi are now only open to visa holders who must enter Buraimi via a very delapidated industrial area.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CliffClaven's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Post office

by CliffClaven Online Now Oct 1, 2006 at 11:38 PM

Strange coincidence - you posted your reply on the very day I was at the border!

I picked up the Hertz car at Dubai that morning and drove to Al Ain. As I was following the traffic I noticed the sign indicating that the crossing was for GCC citizens only. Was told by a border official that I had to cross at Hili and did a quick u-turn. Parked the car 10 metres from the border at Hili and walked into Oman. The UAE border guard merely glanced at my passport and waved me through. Bought stamps, wrote my postcards (in the lobby coffee shop of a surprisingly good hotel), posted them across the road and walked back into the UAE.

Drove back to Dubai via Hatta and was back at the aiport by 5, in time for a flight to Tehran.

• RE: RE: Post office

by andylaw Online Now Oct 8, 2006 at 12:03 AM

Walking across is a great idea but if you have to use a car it is taking anything from a few minutes to around 1 3/4 hours. Just depends on how much checking is going on.

• RE: Post office

by SalemRashid Online Now Oct 18, 2006 at 1:59 PM

if you enter Buraymi from the south you will reach a RA, go to the right
    after about 300m the PO will be on your left side

if you need any help call me 050/7837878

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Al Buraymi