Akureyri Travel Answers

change location

Akureyri nightlife

by proz Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 11:15 AM

I will be traveling to Akureyri this summer for the first time. I will be there in late July, for a Wednesday and Thursday night. I was wondering if anyone could recommend bars/clubs that might have people on those midweek nights. I have been to Reykjavik before. Will young people in Akureyri speak English, like people in Reykjavik (we never had a problem with language there)? Thanks very much. David

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • snorril's Profile Photo

Re: Akureyri nightlife

by snorril Online Now Jun 25, 2003 at 2:57 PM

Hi I´m from Reykjavik so I am not sure which bars are popular at the moment. It won´t be a problem, they are concentrated around the main square so it is easy to crawl around and find one you like. You should expect the English knowledge in Akureyri to be on level with that in Reykjavík and the rest of the country. cheers, Slax

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dassi's Profile Photo

Re: Akureyri nightlife

by dassi Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 2:43 PM

H there David. I just got some info from a local. He said that midweek you would more be talking about cafes and he told me 2 names Kaffi Amor and Kaffi Akureyri. But on thursday it would be a bit more life in this one frontpage.simnet.is/elin/new... The page is not in english but hope this gives you some idea. Hope yu have fun Greetings from Iceland. Bragi

• dassi's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Akureyri nightlife

by dassi Online Now Feb 16, 2005 at 2:44 PM

LOL just saw this is too late LOL

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Akureyri Travel Answer Locations