change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kelypierce's Profile Photo

Akumal Beach Resort

by kelypierce Online Now Jan 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Six adults (my siblings and our husbands/wives) are considering staying at the Akumal Beach Resort in April. We are in our mid 50's to mid 60's and have varying interests. My husband and I are scuba divers. My sister and her husband are snorkelers and my brother and his wife are "sit on the beach with a cocktail and read" types. None of us go for nightlife, but we like good food and friendly service.
      Does anyone have an opinion of the ABR? Is it falling into disrepair, as some people seem to think? Would it be a good fit for our group?
      Thank you for any help you can provide.
      Kelypierce

1 Answer Jan 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    • What was the name of the villa where 'paamul' got ripped off?

by Xcalcontra Online Now Sep 13, 2011 at 2:46 AM

I read the post of 'paamul' stating that the villa's owner where she stayed got mad and threatened if the '750USD theft'was reported, what is the name of the villa where this happened? It sounds as if the owners had been involved in the theft (thus why they didn't want the theft reported). What a horrible way to be and to ruin anyone's vacation. Many Mexican tourist spots are not safe from theft, but to rent from a nice villa and have the owners come in and steal that's a new wave of loving mammon. I am shocked to hear this. AS a consequence I'd like to know where this happened so that we don't rent there.I encourage everybody to never feel 'threatened' and to DO report incidents like this.

1 Answer Sep 13, 2011 at 4:29 AM
    • royal golden gran bahai principe akumal

by carolhill Online Now Jan 23, 2011 at 12:29 PM

could someone please tell me which e-mail i could use to request a certain suite
      prior to arrival at royal golden gran bahai principe akumal.... i understand that
      no. 64-67 are the best views... we definitely need a balcony and closest to the
      beach... thanks so much i'm trying to get organized before we arrive but have
      lost the e-mail address to the front desk thanks again!!

1 Answer Jan 23, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    • looking for the translation

by abrajane Online Now Aug 12, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Can anyone translate into english what chomak is? thank you

3 Answers Mar 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    • Malaria Shots

by MRKAT Online Now Feb 17, 2007 at 1:32 PM

I just read that a malaria shot is recommended when traveling to the Akumal, Quintana Roo area. Anyone heard of this. Is it really necessary. Also, Would it be recommended for a child 10 years old?

thanks for your helpf

8 Answers Feb 23, 2009 at 9:27 PM
    • mick36's Profile Photo

Sight seeing in a jeep Riveria Maya, Mexico

by mick36 Online Now Feb 8, 2006 at 6:59 PM

We are a couple in our 30's who are looking for another couple to split jeep rental for a few days of sight seeing adventure. This is our 6th trip to the Mexico Riveria Maya area. We prefer to do excursions on our own instead of booking through the hotel. We are going to be in the area April 23 - May 1.

• Akumal Beach resort or akumal club Caribe?

by suebee2005 Online Now Dec 11, 2005 at 9:49 PM

I am a 40 year old single mom w/ a ten year old son planning our first trip to Akumal. I have narrowed it down to the Akumal Beach Resort or the Akumal Caribe. Any advice?

2 Answers Jan 11, 2006 at 4:22 PM
    • johnagosti's Profile Photo

akumal hurricane damage

by johnagosti Online Now Dec 8, 2005 at 7:58 PM

we are planning a trip to akumal in late january 2006. What is the hurricane damage assessment/\

• MicheleP's Profile Photo

Any updates on the damage from Wilma?

by MicheleP Online Now Oct 24, 2005 at 11:30 AM

I am seeking information from Akumal and Wilma. Anyone who may have information I would appreciate it. I am planning to travel there Nov. 5/05.

2 Answers Oct 25, 2005 at 1:28 PM
    • a/c or not

by tomcabe Online Now Jun 9, 2005 at 11:33 AM

will i need a/c in a condo i'm renting in akumal in august. it's right on the beach.

1 Answer Jun 10, 2005 at 4:22 PM
    • jenduran79's Profile Photo

General Questions

by jenduran79 Online Now May 4, 2005 at 2:03 PM

Does anyone know if there are any cheap hotels in Akumal? The cheapest I found was65/day. I'm looking more into the20-$30 range. Also, I plan on taking an open water diving certification course in Akumal? Has anyone done this? What were ur experiences? any tips?
      Oh, one more thing..I plan on being there for about a week and I prob won't rent a car. Is that ok? Is everything easily accessible? Thanks all!
      Jen

5 Answers Sep 19, 2005 at 9:27 AM