Akaroa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need help for local information

Queenstown Apr 23, 2015 at 5:45 AM

1. where is the best place to buy wine and beer in queenstown, southland, westcoast, around picton?
      2. Are the supermarkets the same pricing for meat (beef, chicken beasts)? Which supermarket chain has the best deals?
      3. Is BBQ in NZ charcoal or electricity ? What do I need to buy if I want to do BBQ at my accomodation? For eg, BBQ utensils, butter? oil? seasoning? etc Do I hv to stock all these items up? What are the basic seasoning provided there?
      4. Is coffee provided at guesthouse, backpackers, hostels in the morning? I would like to hv coffee before I drive to wake up and need to get coffee somewhere if possible!

OR can someone tell me what are the things I hv to stock up at the supermarket before I start my road trip becos these items are not provided at any accomodation in NZ.

5. I intend to rent a car to stock up at a cheaper price for travel. I hv heard of fuel savings programme at supermarket in NZ and wonder what is this about?

6. Where can I buy bluff oysters if I am not intending to drive up to bluff. I would love to try local seafood, and so far I have only heard of bluff oysters. Can someone tell me more on what type of local seafood and fish I should buy and try at local supermarket? I heard NZ has lots of such good food and I am getting hungry reading alone! THANKS.

more
    • Backpackers that takes you to see dolphins?

by Racer_girl Online Now Aug 24, 2014 at 10:59 PM

This is a long shot, but when i visited Akaroa in 2006/2007, I remember there was a small backpackers where the guy would take a small groups of people out on his little dingy to see the Hectors dolphins. It was amazing, he was a lovely guy, but i cannot remember his name, or the backpackers associated with it! Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

For people not staying at the backpackers, i remember he charged a small fee, $20 or $25. But it was soo worth it, and so personalized! If anyone knows who i'm talking about ,pls advise!

2 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 1:23 AM
    • Small campground in Little Akaloa?

by Ashlee_ORourke Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Hi there, I have heard by word of mouth about a little campground in Little Akaloa. It is small, run by an honestly box, and basically unsearchable on the internet. Im trying to find a way to contact them as there are no details anywhere that I can find! Can anyone help?

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    • Tours in Akaroa

by larainemargaret Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 11:00 PM

What are the best tours to go on in Akaroa - will be arriving by cruise ship and have 8 hours there.

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 1:13 AM
    • Travel to Christchurch

by SMUNJAL Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Can anyone kindly provide me the information about travelling from Akaroa Harbour to Christchurch Airport. Is it possible to get car rental? Is there any shuttle I can book?

1 Answer Mar 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    • eddymario's Profile Photo

Bus from Christchurch international airport ?

by eddymario Online Now Jan 9, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Hi,

Is there a public bus from the airport or Christchurch city to Akaroa ?

Thanks,
      Eddy

8 Answers Jan 11, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    • car to akoara

by bettytan Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 4:40 AM

where in Christchurch, can I rent a car for a 2 day stay in Akaroa

1 Answer Apr 3, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    • swimming with dolphins

by anitafiona Online Now Apr 6, 2006 at 9:45 AM

anyone tried any of the dolphin swimming companies on Banks Penninsular please?

4 Answers May 29, 2007 at 4:04 PM