Ajman Region

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Concerns about moving to UAE

Dubai May 18, 2015 at 10:09 PM

I am considering applying for jobs in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. I have been to UAE on holiday before but living in another country is a different experience. I am a white female and plan to travel to the UAE without my husband for the first 3 months.

1. How can I ensure my safety when I get there?

2. I have heard horror stories about people being promised amazing jobs and then they arrive and either things are a nightmare immediately or things get bad once they take your passport & visa from you. What can I do to ensure that doesn't happen? I am applying for executive positions in corporate organizations.

3. When looking for accommodation, what are the best resources? What areas in Dubai and Abu Dhabi should I avoid living in?

4. I know that the UAE has many venomous spiders and snakes. I know there are sea snakes in the water and warnings about snakes on the beaches, but how common is the occurrence of seeing a snake in day to day life in the city and most importantly in your home?

Thanks,
      M

more
    • Airport currency?

Abu Dhabi May 15, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Hi,
      Have a change of planes with approx. 3 hour timescale - do I need local currency to buy a coffee?
      or do they accept cards?

Thanks,

Bob

more
    • Parking Near Dubai Marina

Dubai May 13, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Hi,

I am staying in Mesk Tower in Dubai Marina. Unfortunately I don't have a parking spot in the building is there somewhere nearby I can park for free or a very low rate?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
      Joe

more
    • visit Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi May 5, 2015 at 3:17 PM

is it opened on friday afternoon

more
    • 8 Hour Layover in Dubai Airport Terminal 2??

Dubai May 2, 2015 at 8:29 PM

Hey Guys,
      I was hoping for a reality check on Terminal 2. My initial flight into Dubai Airport, I immediately got put on a shuttle from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1 for my Delta connection. This time i've got a 8 Hour layover in Dubai for by 4am flight to Kabul. My question is should I spend the night in Terminal 1, and got to Terminal 2 around 2am, or should I go immediately over there? I've heard that terminal 2 is the black sheep of Dubai Airport. Poor amenities, and very difficult to transfer over to. How difficult is it going to be to find a shuttle or even taxi and 2am?

Thanks!

BTW: I've got one check-in bag, but i was told by Delta that it would transfer all the way to Kabul.

Josh

more
    • Exchange rate

Dubai May 8, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Hi, just wondering would I get a better exchange rate if I exchange my pounds here in England or on holiday in dubia.
      Thanks

more
    • Men's Attire

Abu Dhabi Apr 30, 2015 at 10:26 AM

I will be visiting Abu Dhabi for the first time staying 1 week, playing some golf and getting around to see some places as well as go to Dubai for the day and wanted to make sure I was prepared upon arriving appropriate attire that is exceptionable to wear considering I look like a drenched wash cloth in hot weather.
      Golfing attire I hope I am capable to wear shorts and nice button up. Anyone have recommendations.

more
    • JasicaYeoh's Profile Photo

taxi - can I get an estimated cost of taxi fare from the Airport to The Address @ Dubai Mall?

Dubai Apr 28, 2015 at 8:09 PM

can I get an estimated cost of taxi fare from the Airport to The Address @ Dubai Mall?

more
    • Underage applying for visa. purpose: conference

Dubai Apr 29, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Hi, I am really facing this dilemma. I am going to join an international conference and be a paper presenter but I am still 20 years old Filipino citizen. I will be traveling alone. Any advices? :( Pls help

more
    • OliviaPRibeiro's Profile Photo

GETTING AROUND - HELP!

Abu Dhabi Apr 29, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are going to Abu Dhabi for a day. We want to visit the main attractions but in a low budget way, since we are backpackers. So, how people usually get around Abu Dhabi?
      What is it best: get a taxi (or even public transportation.. still dont know if it has it) or get a one day tour?

Thanks!

more
    • KiwiBeatle's Profile Photo

Dubai in July

Dubai May 3, 2015 at 5:44 PM

My wife and I will be in Dubai for 3 days in early July. As it will be super hot any tips on what to do / how to sight see without melting?

more
    • Lillian90's Profile Photo

Food in Dubai airport

Dubai May 13, 2015 at 3:14 AM

Hello!
      I am travelling to Australia today via Dubai airport and I have about 4 hours there. I have been through Dubai airport a few times before but I never seem to be able to find anything nice and fresh to eat. Does anyone have any recommendations were to find something's that's fresh, like fruits or a good salad in the airport without the prices being through the roof?

And on a side note, does anyone know were to find Wifi in the airport? That's always a trouble for me too :)

Thanks!
      Lillian

more

Popular Ajman Region Travel Answer Locations

• re holiday

Ajman Region Feb 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Hi what is the average price to eat out in ajman and can you dress casually thankyou paula.

1 Answer Feb 3, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    • Living in UAE

Ajman Region Mar 20, 2006 at 1:36 AM

Hi vt friends; i need your help to know what is life like in ajman and are there good villa compounds available there (with rent cost if possible) also is it easy to live in sharjah and work in ajman.

10 Answers May 8, 2008 at 9:23 AM