Ajaccio

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• The earliest bus to Corsica Ferries in Bastia

Bastia Jul 13, 2014 at 6:36 AM

I will be traveling to Italy, and would like to know if anyone knows what website to visit for info on the local buses here in Bastia, or if anyone knows the hours of the local buses here in Bastia (I live by Furiani village). Thank you so much :-)

more
    • alihan23's Profile Photo

restaurants

Bonifacio Jul 9, 2014 at 1:33 AM

where to eat in Bonifacio? Lunch and dinner

more
    • Hypermarkets or large supermarkets

Bonifacio Jul 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Hi can anyone suggest where near Figari airport or Bonifacio we can find a large (ideally hyper) supermarket? We went a few years ago and spent a lot of money in local small supermarkets.
      Also are the large supermarkets closed on sundays?

more
    • Travel from north of corsica to Bonefacio without a car

Bonifacio Jul 1, 2014 at 5:25 AM

I will stay in Il Rouse this summer and will travel without a car.
      Does anyone know how to get from Il Rouse to Bastia?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
      Emelie

more
    • Access and location in Corsica

Corsica Jun 25, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Planning a trip for two to Corsica, we would like to see the beaches and towns, and the mountains, and are willing to spend a week or so in one location before travelling to another for a few days. Neither of us can drive and we haven't been able to find any obvious bus/train routes that might take us inland. Is there anywhere at all where we can find the best of both worlds, or is there any public transport that might get us from one to the other?
      We had been looking at Aiguilles de Bavella and Bonifacio, just to give you an idea of the sort of thing we were after but are more than flexible on similar locations. Cheers for all your help.

more
    • Corsica: airport transfer Ajaccio to Porto Vecchio

by Vic74 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 3:51 AM

What options of a return airport transfer (Ajaccio-Porto Vecchio), for a family of 2 adults+2 small children, do we have? What would be the costs, or where could we find them?
      Flights arrive and depart around 11:00 am

Many thanks.
      Vic

• English speakers?

by geegee93 Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 3:05 AM

Is there a lot of English speakers in Ajaccio?

5 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    • teenage fun and wonderful beaches

by reganm Online Now Jul 10, 2010 at 1:37 PM

We are on a cruise this summer and will be visiting Corsica - 1 day only. Can anyone recommend the best beach to visit as close to the port as possible and how much we shoul be paying in taxi fares? Many thanks

1 Answer Jul 10, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    • Corsica GR20

by penyghent Online Now Apr 19, 2009 at 9:33 AM

I am arriving in Corsica at Ajaccio in June. My arrival day is a Sunday and I need to get to either end of the GR20 Calenzana or conca. It will be too late to catch the train to Calvi. Any suggestions??

• Ajaccio for a day

by bonjovi9583 Online Now Mar 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I will be in Ajaccio for only one day and I am traveling with my grown daughters. I would appreciate any suggestions on one or two memorable things to do while I'm there.

1 Answer Mar 17, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    • ajaccio

by ajaccio Online Now Aug 16, 2008 at 3:41 PM

Is it easy to walk from the port to the town and places of interest.

1 Answer Feb 25, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    • robandian2002's Profile Photo

Cruise

by robandian2002 Online Now Sep 8, 2007 at 11:01 AM

We are stopping at Ajaccio in Corsica as part of a cruise and wondered if anyone can advise websites to have a look at, trips to do etc as I am struggling finding info on the net

3 Answers Sep 20, 2007 at 3:19 AM
    • Spending a Day in Ajaccio

by candelle Online Now Nov 15, 2006 at 8:20 AM

Ciou

We’ll be in Ajaccio for one day later this month and would be very grateful if anyone has ideas how to spend the day.

This will be our first time in Ajaccio; we like architecture, museums, and generally just walking around trying to ‘feel’ the city. Oh yes, we also like sitting (hopefully) in the sun having a coffee or lunch!

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

Grazie

Ciou

• Ajaccio: spending 1 night not far from the airport

by azerty7 Online Now May 30, 2006 at 9:38 AM

Hi, Guys,

I have found your old topics on Ajaccio very usefull.
      Two weeks from now I will need a cheap place to spend 1 night after arrival to Ajjacio airport late in the evening.

Are the hostel phone numbers still valid? May be you could help me with the e-mails of the owners of these places?

Second question: how far is the sity form the Ajaccio Airport, and where is the bus stop to go to Carges, near the airport or at the city center?

And one more question: Actually I have to go to Cargese. May be it will be cheaper to get a taxi from Ajaccio to Cargese then spending a night at Ajaccio and then going to Cargese on the next morning bus?

Thanks!

• ferries nice-ajaccio?

by zzchris Online Now Nov 19, 2004 at 12:14 PM

How often do ferries leave Nice for Ajaccio in August? Any idea of days and times? (for 2005)

4 Answers Mar 6, 2006 at 4:55 PM
    • SarahJay's Profile Photo

hostel/cheap room in Ajaccio

by SarahJay Online Now Jul 14, 2004 at 5:06 PM

I need to spend one night as cheap as possible in Ajaccio, as my plane and train schedules don't match up! Can anyone recommend a good hostel-type place, or somewhere basic, preferably near the train station? thanks very much Sarah

4 Answers May 30, 2006 at 9:32 AM
    • ashokreddy's Profile Photo

request for travel expenses

by ashokreddy Online Now May 7, 2004 at 9:00 PM

hai i will introduce first my self, i am a Phd student, going to attend a 13 day summer school at Cargese( france).i am also getting feoolwship for travel and my expenses.i want to know the most economic fare and shortest distance fron Mumbai(india) to Ajaccio(france island). thanking you ashok reddy University of Hyderabad India

1 Answer May 11, 2004 at 5:23 AM