Ajaccio Travel Answers

change location
SarahJay's Profile Photo

hostel/cheap room in Ajaccio

by SarahJay Online Now Jul 14, 2004 at 5:06 PM

I need to spend one night as cheap as possible in Ajaccio, as my plane and train schedules don't match up! Can anyone recommend a good hostel-type place, or somewhere basic, preferably near the train station? thanks very much Sarah

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • JLBG's Profile Photo

Re: hostel/cheap room in Ajaccio

by JLBG Online Now Jul 15, 2004 at 7:00 AM

Hotel du Palais, 5 avenue Beverini-Vico tel 04 95 22 73 68 33 to 40 euros Pension de Famille Tina Morelli 1 rue Major-Lambroschini 04 95 21 16 97 30 euros Hotel Marengo 2 rue Marengo 04 95 21 43 66 38 euros and more Hotel Spunta di Mare Quartier Saint Joseph 04 95 20 80 02 30 euros and more hotel Kalliste 51 cours napoleon 04 95 51 34 45 38 euros and more I hope you will find what you are looking for. Enjoy !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: hostel/cheap room in Ajaccio

by medel13 Online Now Jul 24, 2004 at 11:27 AM

Actually I think the cheapest hostel in Ajaccio is Hotel Dauphin...it's actually really nice too; it was just redone...it's about a 3 min walk from the bus and train stations!

• SarahJay's Profile Photo

Re: Re: hostel/cheap room in Ajaccio

by SarahJay Online Now Jul 25, 2004 at 11:33 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I managed to get into the Pension Morelli (I was cutting it fine, as I leave in 8 days!) The lady I spoke to is even very kindly preparing me a snack for when I arrive, which will be getting on for midnight. Thanks again Sarah

• RE: RE: hostel/cheap room in Ajaccio

by azerty7 Online Now May 30, 2006 at 9:32 AM

Hi, Guys,

I have found your topic very usefull.
    In fact, I will be in the same sutuation two weeks from now: looking for a cheap place to spend night after arrival to Ajjacio airport late in the evening.

Are the hostel phone numbers still valid? May be you could help me with the e-mails of the owners of these places?

And one more question: how far is the sity form the Ajaccio Airport, and where is the bus stop to go to Carges, near the airport or at the city center?

Thanks!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines