Aix-en-Provence

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 4 days in Aix en Provence

by S-h-a Online Now Dec 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM

We will be visiting Aix en Provence from the 15-19th of December. Do you think that 4 full days in Aix are too much?

If yes, can you kindly suggest any place nearby which is worth visiting. Please note that we will be using public transport only.

Thanks in advance

more
    • 4 days in Aix en Provence

by S-h-a Online Now Dec 2, 2014 at 9:00 PM

We will be visiting Aix en Provence from the 15-19th of December. Do you think that 4 full days in Aix are too much?

If yes, can you kindly suggest any place nearby which is worth visiting. Please note that we will be using public transport only.

Thanks in advance

8 Answers Dec 4, 2014 at 7:50 AM
    • No Question Title

by Lindasamuels Online Now Sep 24, 2014 at 5:33 AM

Where can i rent an electric piano in / around Aix en Provence

1 Answer Sep 24, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Travel to Aix-en-Provence from St. Tropez

by grigio Online Now Sep 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM

I am trying to get from St. Tropez to Aix in early October. But from what I have read, there is no train station in St. Tropez and the only bus I could located (Line 36) only runs in the summer. After that, the bus starts in Le Luc, Le Cannet to Aix. I am wondering if I am reading that correctly, but more importantly, looking for any suggestions (other than renting a car one-way) to get from St. Tropez to Aix. Many thanks.

2 Answers Sep 11, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    • Travel from Aix to Monte Carlo

by rinisherony Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 6:27 AM

How to get to Monte carlo fro Aix without driving? We will be at Aix from 25th till 30th.

5 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 12:10 PM
    • Open Market on Mondays

by arleen3 Online Now Jul 27, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Hi! We will be traveling through Aix en Provence on Monday Aug 11, is there a market on MOndays? thanks!

8 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    • trains to london

by ews1942 Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 8:52 AM

how do I get to train staion in Marseille from
      Aix?Taking train to LllIlle and then to London.
      Thank You, EWS

4 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 4:56 AM
    • Aix En Provence to Valensole Lavender Field

by AlisonYing Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Hello, we are two ladies from Hong Kong and will be arriving Aix En Provence on 13th July, 2014 around 3-4pm. We would like to visit lavender field by then and see if anybody want to share the car rental fee and go together on 13th or 14th July, 2014.

10 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 4:41 AM
    • In Provence for 2N3D

by ReeTheBee Online Now Jun 13, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Hello everyone! :)

My sister and I will be in Provence for 2 nights and 3 days. We are here especially for the Lavender season. We are thinking of renting a bike and exploring the fields. And sneak in a little trip to the arch at Ardeche river.

So my question here is where are the most luscious lavender fields in Provence, accordingly I want book an accommodation close by since we want to spend most of the trip exploring the fields.

Thanks a bunch! :)

2 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    • NicoleY4's Profile Photo

Looking for travel partner: 16-20 June (South France Provence)

by NicoleY4 Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Since me and my friend don't drive, we would like to find some travel mates to drive and share the car rent. Anyone would travel in South France during 16-20 June (Aix en provance/ Marseille) wanting a company?

1 Answer Jun 8, 2014 at 4:02 PM
    • Gordes by Public Transport

by naoconnor Online Now May 25, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Is it possible to go to Gordes from Aix-en-Provence by bus?

2 Answers May 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • mickatkirkby's Profile Photo

Park in Aix

by mickatkirkby Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 12:39 AM

We are travelling to Ste. Maxime this June calling at Reims, Avignon and Aix. We are trying, the whole family, to re-capture our first visits to the area some 30 years ago. Does anyone recognise this park. Would love to take the grown up kids to play there again with our 4 year old granddaughter. Cant add photo so here is a link onedrive.live.com/redir?resi... Many thanks for your kind help. regards Mick Sherwood, Ackworth, England

10 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 7:53 AM
    • Avoid bad areas in Aix

by gravitate Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 12:59 AM

I was just wondering what areas to avoid in Aix? We are going next week and want to avoid bad areas such as red light area. Where is this area/ streets so we know to avoid it.

15 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 3:11 PM
    • What To Wear in Aix

by Isobelneuberger Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM

I'll be in Aix for the month of April. What type of clothing should I take? Too early for cottons? A raincoat?

Thanks very much.

13 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • Ascension Day

by erezmalul Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Does anyone know please if the markets and museums open in Aix-en-Provence at Ascension Day
      thanks

1 Answer Feb 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    • MSLIV's Profile Photo

Clean reasonable central

by MSLIV Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I would like help in finding a hotel in a central location.

Charm a plus

3 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    • Getting on bus from Marseille airport and traveling to hotel in Aix

by joysong1960 Online Now Jul 2, 2013 at 8:56 PM

How hard is this if you barely speak french?

7 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    • baggage check

by eabyrne5 Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I will be passing through Aix in July and am wondering if there is a bag check at the station. I'd like to step off the train and spend a few hours exploring before continuing on to Paris. Thanks

3 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    • jmandel's Profile Photo

WHERE TO STAY & HOW TO GET THERE

by jmandel Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 4:21 AM

We will be in Quissac for 3 weeks in August & would like to stay a few nights in Aix. Could someone please recommend a place. Also would you recommend having the use of a car in Aix. We will have a rental car but prefer taking a train if we really dont need a . What would be the best train service from Quissac area to Aix

9 Answers Jun 17, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    • Sandypaws3's Profile Photo

Paris to Aix-en-Provence

by Sandypaws3 Online Now May 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM

We're thinking about taking the TGV from CDG to Aix-en-Provence when we go to Paris next spring. We'll stay there for 3 days and head back to Paris for 5 days. Does this seem reasonable or too rushed?

Sandy

20 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    • sueannlee's Profile Photo

Electric car rental

by sueannlee Online Now May 9, 2013 at 1:08 AM

hello! i'm renting a car for my trip in Provence and I have 2 qns..

1. I'm taking a train from Paris and arriving at Aix-en-Provence TGV. Is there a difference between Aix-En-Provence TGV and Aix-En-Provence Gare TGV? Is this the same place?

Reason i'm asking is because I was on autoeurope and there were 2 stations under Aix-en-Provence TGV. Strange.

2. Is it practical to rent an electric car? (Citroen C-Zero). Its a lot cheaper but i'm just wondering if i'll have any issues with the charging, especially if we're driving from village to village.. not sure how accessible are charging stations over in Provence.

Any help would be hugely appreciated, thanks!

12 Answers May 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    • where to stay?

by JoleneTYL Online Now Sep 19, 2012 at 4:49 AM

5days in the Provence area in Oct....where to stay? Avignon, Aix En Provence or Marseille...??? Which would you suggest? Should i take a domestic flight from Charles de gaulle airport or train?

10 Answers Sep 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    • Driving from Aix to Monte Carlo

by teganm Online Now Jun 15, 2012 at 8:42 PM

We are driving one way to Monte Carlo and staying there for 4 days and using it as a base to explore the area (Nice, Eze, etc). Since we only have a car the one way we want to take a scenic route and make stops along the way (how many will depend on how long it takes to get there.
      In addition, we can explore the different towns more thoroughly by bus once we are settled into Monte Carlo.
      Any suggestions on which route, stops,etc? We heard the Grand Corniche is the best of the 3.
      We leave Aix en Provence on Sunday July 1st.

5 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 6:06 AM
    • Jogger friendly?

by Lstiles09 Online Now Apr 12, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I will be going to school in Aix-en-Provence in the fall and I was just wondering how French people view running (jogging) in the streets? I am a avid runner and need an outlet to exercise :)

3 Answers Apr 24, 2011 at 12:53 AM
    • Bus to Cannes

by Lstiles09 Online Now Mar 31, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Is it possible to take a bus from Aix-en-Provence to Cannes?

Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 11, 2011 at 4:51 AM
    • runawaymind's Profile Photo

Public Holidays in France

by runawaymind Online Now Jan 9, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Hi all,
      We are going to be in France (Paris and Provence) from about 25th April to maybe 10th May, with a few days in London in between. Sun May 1 and Sun May 8 are public holidays in France. Would there be any effect on the following Mondays? (In Australia, if a public holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is declared a public holiday). Is there anything like that that I should watch out for (eg banks closed, museums closed on the Mon)? Would it be extra difficult to drive to Provence on 1st May? Should I expect more traffic coming and in and out of the city?

Thanks
      Eve

7 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • Bus

by manounina Online Now Oct 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

How can i go to "chemin roger martin" by bus? which bus line to take? and is there a line from "rue cuques" or it's from down town "rotonde"???

Thannnnks.

2 Answers Oct 1, 2010 at 5:28 PM
    • TrainstoVerona

by bestgal Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Where is the best place in Provence to catch a direct train to Verona? Would it be near Avignon or Aix en Provence? Please help! Thank you.

5 Answers Jan 26, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    • Bus travel

by tgaram Online Now Aug 11, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I wish to travel from AIX en provence to Monte Carlo. Is it better by bus or train.

I wish to travel on the morning of 29th October for arrival by mid afternoon.

Your advice thanks

Terry

3 Answers Aug 12, 2010 at 2:32 AM
    • more...winetasting in aix

by caro36 Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Hi there, thank you for your anwers. Will try to find a domaine near the city of Aix. I saw the chateau Bougerelle - and they seem okay, but they say they are closed. That's odd because their website still says they are open ....

And we now will go by bus from Aix to Avignon. Thank you for your replies !
      Regards, Caro

1 Answer Aug 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    • winetasting in Aix

by caro36 Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Hi all,
      I would also like to visit a chateau near Aix - but we are by bike so we do not want to go to far from Aix city. I was looking for chateau Bougerelle but they say they are closed, another one only has red wine......does someone have good ideas ?? Thank you, Caro

2 Answers Aug 9, 2010 at 4:04 PM