Airlie Beach

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• buying prawns

Maroochydore Dec 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM

when can I buy the best prawns - is there a fishing co-op?
      thanks

more
    • Queen Mary 2..city shuttle bus stop

Brisbane Dec 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Does anyone know where the cruise ship shuttle bus (from the Queen Mary 2) usually stops/picks up in Brisbane city

Thank you
      Geoff

more
    • I want to go to Whitehaven beach..plz help

Whitsunday Islands Dec 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hi how are u
      Im now planning to travel Aus in next Feb. First my destination is here Whitsunday and going to see Whitehaven beach. I can stay in Whitsunday for only one day and I arrive in the morning around 9 45am and leave at late night to Cairns. I searched for Whitehaven beach tour and found the half day tour for it but the cruise company told me that they dont reccommend the tour on my arriving day for unsure time like delay of flight.
      So Im not sure how can I get to Whitehaven beach becuz if I cancel or change the flight, its no refundable.

Is there any other way to go Whitehaven beach from the whitsunday aiport? I tried to search any ferry to go there but I falied to find the detail info of it.
      Please help me to plan this trip asap.
      Thank you so much

more
    • esk antquie shop

Esk Dec 18, 2014 at 3:11 PM

could anyone please advise me the phone number of the esk antquie centre located on the main road near highland street? or does anyone know their trading hours?

more
    • Getting to Whitsunday airport from Shute Harbour

by jonesie Online Now Jul 26, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Hi in September 3 people need to get from Shute Harbour to the Whitsunday airport in the morning then from the airport to abel point marina. Can you suggest how this can be done and expected travel time. Thanks

• snorkeling

by Calypso58 Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I'll spend 4 days in august in arlie Beach.
      I like snorkeling . Can you give me any suggestions for a good excursions not too expensive ?

Tks, massimo from Italy

• hotel near Lagoon?

by CarrellE Online Now Jul 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi, is there a hotel or b & b near the lagoon in Arlie Beach? We really want to swim there, it's enchanting!
      Thank you!
      Carrell & Marty

• drinking tours

by Chico22 Online Now May 24, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Are there any tours that can take a group of 23 ? We would like to be able to drink also

1 Answer May 25, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • tl1148's Profile Photo

Best boat for 1 overnight snorkel trip to the reef

by tl1148 Online Now Jan 16, 2014 at 12:10 PM

What would be the Best boat for 1 overnight snorkel trip to the reef, for my senior wife and I? THANKS!

3 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 4:50 PM
    • gear/luggage storage or lockers

by DCoote Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Hey we are going to take a kayak trip and will not need all of our luggage is there somewhere to store, lock this stuff up in Airlie Beach or Shute Harbour??

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • tl1148's Profile Photo

Trqansportation.

by tl1148 Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Best way to get to and from Airlie Beach from Sydney, and if airline which airport?

Thanks from Texas

5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    • Ksaviera's Profile Photo

Half-day tour for a family in June

by Ksaviera Online Now Apr 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Hi!
      We go on a cruise in June and will have a day at Airlie beach (10th of June). The ship arrives at 07:00 and departs at 15:30.
      We will be travelling with a 14 months-old daughter, so I guess the snorkelling/diving tours are not considered.

Can you recommend any other tours/things to do?
      I was reading about Crocodile safari, is it worth going on?

Thanks a lot!

2 Answers Apr 13, 2013 at 5:26 AM
    • kamran6590's Profile Photo

Airlie Beach/ Schute Harbour Accomodation versus Staying on a boat & island hoping?

by kamran6590 Online Now Nov 25, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm Kamran and new to this forum. I will be visiting Australia for the first time from the states beginning early February for 5 weeks. I need help in choosing a place to stay, maximum100/night. Some of the earlier postings in this forum have suggestions but some of those were years ago.

Thanks for your help.

5 Answers Nov 26, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    • Vicki-Maree's Profile Photo

7 day stay ........ too long?

by Vicki-Maree Online Now Sep 6, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I have booked a 7 day stay at Airlie beach for my husband, our 26 yr old daughter and myself. However, comments are now along the line of "Why Airlie Beach?" as people are suggestingt there isn't anything to do. We thought we would take a day trip to Whitehaven, Great Barrier Reef and maybe Hamilton Island. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

9 Answers Apr 13, 2013 at 5:51 AM
    • General Info Needed on Airlie Beach

by christopherpanting Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 7:04 AM

My girlfriend will be staying in Airlie Beach for 4/5 nights, what is it like there, do many girls go and stay there alone? is it a safe area? i have heard its a very popular tourist area for backpackers, is this true? are the locals friendly?

4 Answers Nov 18, 2011 at 10:03 AM
    • Airlie beach start of April

by blonid Online Now Sep 19, 2010 at 8:57 AM

Hello

Getting married start of April at whitehaven beach v( if it doesnt rain!). Just wondering what to do afterwards re: dinner. I was initally looking at shingle resort hotel but that restaurant opens from wednesday and we are getting married on a monday.Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Blonid

• Want to see more of Outer Reef - best bet???

by virginia29 Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 8:32 AM

I've already booked a 3-day Pacific Sunrise cruise through the Whitsunday Islands for my family of 5. This cruise should be amazing, and will offer us a chance for us to snorkel, cruise, etc to various Whitsunday islands. But I am thinking that to supplement and experience as much of the Great Barrier Reef as possible, I should find a seaplane tour that covers more of the Outer Reef. I see some Air Whitsunday tours (some that are "just" an hour flight, some that include a flight out to Whitehaven beach and private pontoon station in reef, etc). I've also seen helicopter flights over the reef offered. Please offer me some advice if you know if this makes sense. Is snorkeling during the PC cruise sufficient (given a budget that DOES eventually have a limit), or would I regret not doing more on one of the tour provider's pontoons, say. I am assuming this latter arrangement puts you out further in the reef than the Whitsundays.... I am definitely interested in doing the seaplane flight, at a minimum. Is anyone familiar with the Air Whitsunday tours??

THANKS!

1 Answer Jun 17, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    • sailing whitsundays and traveling to townsville where to stay and how to travel ?

by steve2catz Online Now Jun 8, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Hi my wife and me are coming to oz for 6 weeks over xmas and plan on flying into cairns then down to the whitsundays for a few days and would like to visit whitehaven beach ! do we stay in airlie beach and go from there ? after that we want to spend xmas in townsville then travel to brisbane for NYE any ideas what the best way is to go about all this CHEAPLY ?

5 Answers Jun 17, 2010 at 8:17 AM
    • laash's Profile Photo

Advice on Transport!

by laash Online Now Dec 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Hello!

My friend and I will be traveling to Airlie Beach in January to go on a sailing trip. We return to Airlie Beach on a Tuesday at 4:30pm. Our flight is that same night from Prosperine Airport at 6:50pm. Does anyone know the best way to get back to the airport from the city?? Thank you!

4 Answers Dec 15, 2009 at 5:19 AM
    • Humidity in December in Airlie Beach?

by dbrummer Online Now Oct 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Hi guys

We live in Cairns and we were thinking of camping in Airlie for the period over Christmas, just a week. What is the humidity like, as Cairns is stinking hot over that time.

If someone who has been in both town can shed some light, that would be great.

Thanks
      D

5 Answers Oct 13, 2009 at 1:59 AM
    • New Years Eve Airlie Beach 2009/2010

by Jazz1307 Online Now Sep 1, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Hi there everyone...
      I have booked a trip to Airlie beach over NYE 2009/2010, with my boyfriend and another couple and am wondering if anyone knows WHATS HAPPENING UP THERE over NYE & that period???
      Also any ideas or names of some good clean, cheap, fun activities or tours in the area (Airlie/Islands/Reefs)???
      Cheers!

2 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 7:30 AM
    • flight to reef

by Alison10 Online Now Aug 20, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Do you do short scenic flights out over the reef?

1 Answer Aug 21, 2009 at 1:57 AM
    • Visiting Airlie Beach in Sept

by kittymoo Online Now Jul 8, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I was wondering if September was a good time to visit Airlie Beach. I'm worried it will be too cold to swim/snorkel, and my main reason for going is to see some of the Great Barrier Reef. Thanks!

6 Answers Jul 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    • accomodation/ tours

by nikkihogarth Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I have 4 nights to spend on Airlie beach/ whitsundays and would like some advice on what to do about accomodation. Would it be better for me to book 4 nights accom in Airlie and do day tours out to the islands or are there good places to stay on the islands themselves? Also can anyone recommended any good tours of the islands? Thanks!

5 Answers Jul 14, 2009 at 12:47 AM
    • royslaven's Profile Photo

Getting cheaply to Airlie Beach VT meeting 10-13 Sep ??

by royslaven Online Now Jun 15, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I just posted some excellent deals on Singapore Airlines from US and UK in Travel Deals which may be of interest to those travelling to Airlie Beach. Deals are for travel from 1 Sep and go to many destinations including Sydney and Brisbane.

1 Answer Jun 17, 2009 at 7:44 PM
    • AB in March

by Giama Online Now Dec 28, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Hi all

My partner and I recently booked our honeymoon in Airlie Beach for eary March next year. We were advised of the stinger season, but our travel agent failed ot mention the rainy - cyclone season. Can you please advise whether early march is a good time to travel to Airlie Beach? How rainy is it?

1 Answer Dec 30, 2008 at 5:09 AM
    • betska's Profile Photo

Airlie Beach Accomodation

by betska Online Now Nov 12, 2008 at 1:47 AM

Hi Everyone,
      I'm looking to book some accomodation for early December, for 6 nights and need a little help. I'm looking for somewhere self-contained (eg.kitchen/ette) within a level walking distance to the centre of Airlie Beach. I'm taking my mum up for her 70th birthday, so need a place with no steep walking involved etc.
      I'm also a little worried about ending up near the construction site of the new marina, though I don't actually know where abouts it is.
      So far, I've found a nice place right across from the waterfront at Cannonvale Beach that's120 per night for 2 bedroom, ocean view.

Any comments/ideas for other places close by are welcome & much appreciated.
      Betska

43 Answers Dec 13, 2008 at 8:03 PM
    • gladstone to airlie

by mounty_1 Online Now Oct 20, 2008 at 7:57 PM

hi. im currently working in gladstone and i am planning a 3 week road trip back to melbourne in late december

i am considering driving up to airlie but i am wondering if this is worth it? as its a good 5-6 hours out of my way!

is late december a good time of year to go? a little worried about the wet season, stingers etc. i would mainly be going to explore the whitsundays

thanks for your help!

steve

3 Answers Oct 21, 2008 at 10:44 AM
    • Travelling from Townsville to Airlie Beach

by kataas Online Now Oct 12, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Hi there,

Am travelling to Airlie beach in December. Was wondering what are the travel options from Townsville to Airlie Beach? Is renting a car the only way or is there some kind of a bus/ ferry service?

Thanks

5 Answers Dec 3, 2008 at 7:02 AM
    • tourism

by jasmin048 Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 4:46 PM

so in feb are there usually heaps of tourists?

• airlie beach in feb

by jasmin048 Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 1:26 AM

hi i am going to airlie beach in feb 09 from the 8th to the 15th and was just wondering what the weather is like and if its worth going?

2 Answers Oct 7, 2008 at 2:59 AM
    • Airlie Beach to Brisbane

by beetle9 Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Hi just wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to get from Airlie Beach to either Brisbane or the Gold Coast?

5 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 5:26 AM
    • Equanox's Profile Photo

Airlie Beach for New Years 07

by Equanox Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 2:31 AM

Hi there, where heading up to Airlie Beach for Newyears getting a few days before and leaving a few days later, can anyone recommend the best backpackers to stay at?, also is there events or festivals happening at this time.
      Thankyou Scott

1 Answer Nov 30, 2007 at 2:47 AM
    • Airlie beach to Mackay Airport

by dougie5419 Online Now Nov 10, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Can anyone suggest the cheapest way to get to Mackay airport from Airlie beach.
      Thinking of using Greyhound,but don't know if bus stops at airport.

5 Answers Nov 20, 2007 at 3:38 AM