Airlie Beach Travel Answers

change location
kamran6590's Profile Photo

Airlie Beach/ Schute Harbour Accomodation versus Staying on a boat & island hoping?

by kamran6590 Online Now Nov 25, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm Kamran and new to this forum. I will be visiting Australia for the first time from the states beginning early February for 5 weeks. I need help in choosing a place to stay, maximum100/night. Some of the earlier postings in this forum have suggestions but some of those were years ago.

Thanks for your help.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Re: Airlie Beach/ Schute Harbour Accomodation versus Staying on a boat & island hoping?

by wise23girl Online Now Nov 25, 2011 at 8:17 PM

This forum discussion may help...just copy and paste this link

VT Forum temporarily unavailable

If you pop Airlie Beach in the search box and Schute Harbour you may find some more up to date information on your particular topic.

I would think there would be backpackers to suit in the area ...but there will be more replies I am sure.

Marg

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ettiewyn's Profile Photo

Re: Airlie Beach/ Schute Harbour Accomodation versus Staying on a boat & island hoping?

by ettiewyn Online Now Nov 25, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Hi Kamran,

if you decide to stay in Airlie Beach on the mainland and not on an island, this accomodation might be an option for you, especially as you wrote something about your budget earlier:
    http://www.bushvillage.com.au/

I stayed there in 2007, so it was some time ago, but I really liked it.
    You can also read my review if you would like to learn more about the place:
    "Not really a backpackers :-)" - Bush Village Backpackers Resort Tip by ettiewyn

• kamran6590's Profile Photo

by kamran6590 Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Hi Marg,

Thanks. When I copied and paste the link it just took me to my post in Cairns forum. Is that where it was suppose to go?

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

by wise23girl Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Sorry I was a bit quick I did not realize it was you doing what I suggested ....asking this part separately.

• kamran6590's Profile Photo

by kamran6590 Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Hello Mirjam,

Thanks for thanks for the link to bush village, it's a perfect location with amazing prices. Also, their site has so much information on it, it's a great site.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines