Airlie Beach Travel Answers

change location

General Info Needed on Airlie Beach

by christopherpanting Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 7:04 AM

My girlfriend will be staying in Airlie Beach for 4/5 nights, what is it like there, do many girls go and stay there alone? is it a safe area? i have heard its a very popular tourist area for backpackers, is this true? are the locals friendly?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • earthflyer's Profile Photo

Re: General Info Needed on Airlie Beach

by earthflyer Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Yes, Airlie beach is a very popular place for backpackers many come hear to do the boat trips around the Whitsunday Islands etc... If you girlfriend is going alone she will soon be making many new friends. Airlie beach is a friendly place to visit with many things to do for travellers and it is a safe place.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Bourgeois's Profile Photo

by Bourgeois Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Airlie beach is a beautiful part of the world, your girlfriend should take a day trip to Whitehaven beach, the tour we went on was full of young friendly staff and we met some nice people as well, we stayed in the caravan park and every night a different group of backpackers would come and stay. Whitehaven beach was stunning as well as the surrounding islands, plenty to do, Airlie beach is a good home base.

• northeast80's Profile Photo

by northeast80 Online Now Sep 24, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Yes, it's fine. I stayed there, as a single female traveller and it was fine. Met some great people in my hostel and on the Whitsunday's trip I did from there.
    Though I wouldn't recommend the hostel I stayed in; it was filthy and damp, the shower didn't work and it was infested with cockroaches. Saying that, it was in 2006 so could well have improved. Koala Beach Resort was the name.

• Re: General Info Needed on Airlie Beach

by emmab85 Online Now Nov 18, 2011 at 10:03 AM

its really safe i went there alone and stayed in a hostel :)

1 member found this helpful

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines