Airlie Beach Travel Answers

change location
laash's Profile Photo

Advice on Transport!

by laash Online Now Dec 13, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Hello!

My friend and I will be traveling to Airlie Beach in January to go on a sailing trip. We return to Airlie Beach on a Tuesday at 4:30pm. Our flight is that same night from Prosperine Airport at 6:50pm. Does anyone know the best way to get back to the airport from the city?? Thank you!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Re: Advice on Transport!

by lynnehamman Online Now Dec 13, 2009 at 2:32 PM

There is a bus service available.
    Have a look at the website

whitsundaytransit.com.au/air...

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • tropicrd's Profile Photo

by tropicrd Online Now Dec 13, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I agree with the above reply---but have you asked the sailing trip people if they have a curtesy car available--a lot of them do if you are sailing with them for a few days.I would check this out.

• cafank's Profile Photo

by cafank Online Now Dec 14, 2009 at 10:17 PM

You will not have enough time to get to Properpine Airport - the bus is not frequent - and the 5.25pm bus will not get you to Propserpine in time - it takes about 45 minutes - to catch your flight. You will be able to find the bus timetables on line - this is just from memory...

Options will be courtesy car - but if you have not booked this with the trip it may be hard to arrange. I think your only option is going to be a taxi.

• Couplesynergy's Profile Photo

by Couplesynergy Online Now Dec 15, 2009 at 5:19 AM

I don't know of any of the sailing companies that pick people up and drop people back to Proserpine but there are maxi taxis that do runs out to the airport and they cost15 per person. There is a phone at the marina that you can use to book one of the taxi's. They can pick you up from various locations.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines