Airlie Beach Travel Answers

change location

AB in March

by Giama Online Now Dec 28, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Hi all

My partner and I recently booked our honeymoon in Airlie Beach for eary March next year. We were advised of the stinger season, but our travel agent failed ot mention the rainy - cyclone season. Can you please advise whether early march is a good time to travel to Airlie Beach? How rainy is it?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • cafank's Profile Photo

Re: AB in March

by cafank Online Now Dec 30, 2008 at 5:09 AM

Hi, Airlie can be great weather in March with little or no rain, but there have been a couple of late rains at times. I stay with friends and have been there in Mar Apr with great weather.
    Check out the weather from all of MArch 2008 - it may give you a good idea of what to expect (this is from Hamilton Island - one of the Great Barrier Reef islands not far from Airlie.): wunderground.com/history/air...

If this link doesn't work go to weather underground, type in Hamilton Island and go for the history, you can get it weekly, monthly etc for any dates

Stingers are a pest but the lagoon at Airlie is a great place to swim and if you must go in the sea make sure you are wearing a full body suit tho your face/neck/hands/feet can still be bitten.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines