Airlie Beach Travel Answers

change location

Which boat company should I use?

by alexandra.hsiao Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 7:22 PM

Hi! Does anyone have any recommendations/advice on which boating company off of Airlie Beach/Whitsundays to use to hire a motorized boat for five people? We want to live on the boat for five days and go from island to island. There are so many boat companies out there it's hard to choose. Any advice? We will be going in early July. In particular, has anyone used the "rent a yacht" company?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Couplesynergy's Profile Photo

RE: Which boat company should I use?

by Couplesynergy Online Now Jun 13, 2006 at 12:01 AM

Hi Alexandra. I have sent you an email with some details. My wife and I have been lucky enough to have charters in the Whitsundays on a few occassions as well as cruising around parts of Greece and Thailand. You will have a great time in the Whitsundays. I would strongly recommend a catamaran for the extra space and stability that they give. Whitsunday Rent a Yacht is based at Shute Harbour which is a bit out of the way, you would be better getting your boat from Hamilton Island and heading out from there. Take a look at mail.caston-design.com/seast... the site is not finished yet but it will give you an idea.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CandS's Profile Photo

RE: Which boat company should I use?

by CandS Online Now Jun 14, 2006 at 4:22 PM

We used Cumberland Charter Yachts and they were fantastic! Their web site is www.ccy.com.au if you're interested. Check out my Whitsunday Island page if you want to see some piccies/more info. :)

Enjoy! It's sooooo beautiful up there!

• aussirose's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Which boat company should I use?

by aussirose Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 4:12 AM

Hiya Alexander. Sounds like a fabulous holiday!! I was going to say ask (CandS) Sherie, but she beat me to it :o) ...Hey Alexander, go see Sherie's pages, they are lovely :o) Whitsundays is a fabulous choice. I'll never forget our holiday there!! Have fun downunder!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• CandS's Profile Photo

by CandS Online Now Jun 15, 2006 at 5:00 AM

Hehe, thanks Ann! :) It's always nice to hear when someone likes your pages/work. :) I don't know if it would be possible to make a bad page though on such a gorgeous place. ;)

• aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Online Now Jun 17, 2006 at 6:23 AM

Yea I reckon :o) Hugs xx

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines