Airlie Beach Travel Answers

change location

Anyone know?

by brmaher Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 9:33 PM

I am planning on heading to Airlie beach this Sept... I am wondering if there are any harvest jobs near by there. I want to work in harvest industry for 3 months so I can qualify for a second working holiday maker Visa... anyone know anything? Same for Byron Bay.....

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • matthewmerrington's Profile Photo

RE: Anyone know?

by matthewmerrington Online Now Mar 29, 2006 at 3:37 AM

alot of the time despirate farmers dont care about visas. just play coy and dont mention it in a bar or anything. fruit picking jobs are plentyful around australia, esspecially in my area. tocumwal/cobram

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Anyone know?

by Anne12 Online Now Mar 29, 2006 at 3:36 PM

Have a look at this site.
    There are certain areas that you have to work in for that extra visa stay.It's all on this site.
    jobsearch.gov.au/harvesttrai...

You have done it all legal so far, so I would keep doing it this way. You have to show you have worked for the three months for your visa to be extended, I think it's a great way to get your extra time here. Because the cyclone up north I would think there will be a few extra backpackers coming further down south to find work.
    Have fun
    Anne

• lou31's Profile Photo

RE: Anyone know?

by lou31 Online Now Mar 29, 2006 at 6:29 PM

The main farms around Airlie and Proserpine are cane farms. They often take on extras for the crushing which will be full swing in Sept. There may be even some orchards nearby but not sure about this.

Bowen which is about an hours drive away is where the main fruit industry is...mangoes, avocados and citus etc.

Hope this helps...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines