Airlie Beach Travel Answers

change location

February in Whitsunday Is

by sinwood Online Now Sep 23, 2005 at 1:08 PM

How bad can it get February on the Whitsunday Islands? Is it worth booking the Avatar for 2 nights or better to stay on one of the islands? Which island? What's the best way to realize the beauty of the reef in Feb?
Sandy

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Couplesynergy's Profile Photo

RE: February in Whitsunday Is

by Couplesynergy Online Now Sep 23, 2005 at 5:58 PM

It's a really tough one because February is in the cyclone season so it could be really awful or if there is not cyclone really great. Its also usually pretty wet but it really only rains for an hour and then the sun comes out again. I would go for the boat option because its much more fun than sitting in one place but if I had to pick an island for two nights I would say Daydream. I have been to all of them (while cruising around on a boat) and Daydream seems to offer the best mix of things to do and relaxation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

RE: RE: February in Whitsunday Is

by aussirose Online Now Sep 25, 2005 at 1:39 AM

We loved the Whitsundays. Can I please add a suggestion to fly into Hamilton Island rather than Proserpine on the mainland. The view over the islands as the plane banks to the right for a landing is awesome!! ...Ask for a seat on the right hand side of the plane haha ;o) We liked our stay on Hamilton Island. We did the 3 island day trip and I really liked South Molle. Have you only got 2 nights there? ...that's a shame :o) It's a gorgeous place. We also did a day trip on the Raggamuffin - an ex Sydney to Hobart racing yaucht. Hubby and my daughter took diving lessons in the hotel pool and did a dive. We also went on the Yellow Sub - that was fun :o) Yes it'll probably be a bit rainy - we went in January and had to avoid a few showers - got rained on walking back to our accommodation from a lovely little beach in Hamilton Island. Anyway, have fun and don't forget to share all your lovely pix with us. Cheers, Ann :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines