Airlie Beach Travel Answers

change location

Accommodation recommendations

by Spenno Online Now Apr 13, 2005 at 7:28 PM

Hi,
I'm wanting to organise a nice relaxing romantic week away with my girlfriend, I think the whitsunday's island resorts are a bit out of my price range so I think I have decided to stay mainland and take a day trip to the reef. I am very interested in the snorkling, can anyone tell me a good place to stay? Am i right in thinking of Airlie beach? or perhaps Bowen? I'm looking at the100 a night range of accommodation for a couple.
All help and recommendations are appreciated.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • aussirose's Profile Photo

RE: Accommodation recommendations

by aussirose Online Now Apr 14, 2005 at 5:00 AM

G'day. We went on a wonderful holiday in the Whitsundays and stayed for a week on Hamilton Island and a week on the mainland at Airlie Beach. Our Accommodation at Airlie Beach was the Whitsunday Terraces and I highly recommend it as it's right in town, close to transport and has lovely views. A couple of day trips I highly recommend are the Raggamuffin yaucht to Whitsunday beach (world's famous white sand beach), an ex Sydney to Hobart racer. And don't forget about the Yellow Sub. Also if you decide to stay on Hamilton Island, they have free diving lessons in the pool and you can do a day diving. Hubby and my young daughter did diving on one of our cruise day's out while me and the kids did some snorkling. You are going to love the Whitsundays!! Have heaps of fun. Cheers, Ann :o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • batgirl1001's Profile Photo

RE: Accommodation recommendations

by batgirl1001 Online Now Apr 14, 2005 at 5:03 PM

Have you thought of staying on the boats while touring the Whitsundays Islands? It's great. There are some budget sailing trips but generally cost about250 per person for a 3 day sailing trip including food. So it does work out on average of100 per day. I suggest you check out the tourist bureaus at Airlie Beach if you are interested.

It's a great way to see the islands.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines