Airlie Beach Travel Answers

change location

Accommodation in Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia.

by McLaren Online Now Feb 29, 2004 at 11:03 PM

l am looking for my disabled mother-in -law, air-conditioned accommodation in Airlie Beach, with views of the ocean for one night only.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • australia2's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia.

by australia2 Online Now Mar 1, 2004 at 1:56 AM

Airlie Beach itself is not actually adjacent to the ocean. The town and its accomodation, so lovely, sit on the shores of a fairly peaceful bay area. The ocean is a little further on at Shute Harbour and surrounds. A Google search on both those names should come up with something. I don't know if there is much "public" accomodation in that area. At this time of the year it's a little risky with the Wet Season not finished.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • australia2's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia.

by australia2 Online Now Mar 1, 2004 at 2:19 AM

VT member " apollopat " lives at Airlie Beach. You could go to his homepage (via member search) and Email him (Patrick) But if he is looking in his VT Inbox he would possibly see your Forum entry anyway. But it sometimes pays to Email direct from their homepage. Good luck.

• Re: Re: Accommodation in Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia.

by Bindi125 Online Now Mar 1, 2004 at 5:07 PM

The Airlie Beach Hotel/Motel has what you want. It overlooks the waters of Airlie Beach, has a/c and disabled access (via lifts) and had disabled facilities (shower etc) when we stayed there with my in-laws during the Sydney Olympics. It has a central location. Make sure you tell whoever you book through that you require water views and disabled access.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines