Aichi-ken

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hakone Free Pass... to buy or not to buy

Hakone Apr 13, 2015 at 10:51 PM

I am coming to Hakone in an all inclusive bus tour from Tokyo with my family of 4. After that I will be staying at the Gora Onsen Karakara for two nights. Do I still need to purchase a Hakone Free Pass?

more
    • From cruise port to monorail station

Okinawa Apr 10, 2015 at 2:15 AM

What is the nearest monorail station from the cruise port? Is taxi the best way to get there?

more
    • Night bus travel from Hakone to Tokyo

Hakone Apr 28, 2015 at 10:59 AM

hi there, I need some guidance on getting a night bus from Hakone to Tokyo. Any website for further reference?

more
    • Where to stay in Hakone?

Hakone Apr 20, 2015 at 4:43 PM

Hi i will be travelling from Tokyo to Fukui with some friends in November and would be staying overnight in Hakone. Would love to experience the ryokan/onsen with a private option if available. Any recommendations ? Somewhere easy to get to and easy to get back to the train station to continue our journey

more
    • amiya's Profile Photo

Travelling to sightseeing spots around Fukui

Fukui-ken Apr 17, 2015 at 6:46 PM

I am planning on visiting Fukui prefecture next month and it seems that there are many interesting places however they are quite dispersed from each other. How easy is it to travel in Fukui? Is there a sight-seeing bus or something similar? Thanks.

more
    • Tokyo-Hakone-Disney

Tokyo Apr 24, 2015 at 3:26 AM

Hi, I will be travelling to Tokyo with young kids. Is it too adventurous to try to go to Hakone and stay a night in a ryokan from Tokyo then come back the next day to check in to a Disney hotel? this is assuming I use Takuhaibin to send our baggage from the Tokyo hotel to Disney and then travel light to Hakone. Will it still be challenging with young kids?

Thanks for any advice!

more
    • SummerHighlandFalls's Profile Photo

Superstores & Discount stores in Tokyo

Tokyo Apr 20, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Hi,
      Are there any large supermarket style superstores in Tokyo that sell a varied range of goods - I'm thinking of stores similar to Walmart in the US or Tesco in the UK, I realise that these type of stores might be on the outskirts of the city, but If it is close to a subway or train station that would be great
      I'm not looking for anything in particular, I just wan't to have a look around at the different products available in Japan.
      Also, are there any other large discount style shops - similar to the large Don Quijote store in Asakusa.
      Thanks for any advice
      Tony

more
    • I need an answer.

Tokyo Apr 30, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Hi, I am planning to visit Japan with my son who is 12. I am slightly worried after looking into it because of the many 'erootic' and rude things on display at shops right in the front door. Also as my son will want to visit game shops (He loves retro games and I gave him an old SEGA for his birthday). Should I worry?

more
    • annesophia's Profile Photo

my next country on my list would be JAPAN 2016

Japan Apr 22, 2015 at 2:34 AM

Who wants to join?
      Preferably by April 2016
      Been reading alot lately, but still havent decide on how to start with the itineraries ... since all the prefectures are worth to see ... i know too that, multiple visits should be done and not just a 10 days visit is enough ... urrggghh ...
      Anyhow, please --- do suggest anything not so- expensive ways to enjoy Japan.
      I enjoyed my first ever guesthouse stay in Seoul, so guesthouse wont be a problem from now on ...
      Tentative dates would be April 4 - 16, 2016.

more
    • SummerHighlandFalls's Profile Photo

Kyoto - Night time photo opportunities

Kyoto Apr 10, 2015 at 3:38 AM

Hi,
      Will be visiting Kyoto soon for five days and would appreciate it if anyone could recommend some good buildings, temples or scenes that would be good subjects for some night time photo shots.
      Many thanks
      Tony

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

Asakusa Accommodations

Tokyo Apr 9, 2015 at 3:59 AM

Will be visiting Tokyo on May17 and I would like to stay in Asakusa district. But I am having a hard time finding a non-smoking twin room. I am ok with a budget hotel as long as it is clean and in a safe area.

more
    • 3tt3n3n's Profile Photo

6-day Osaka, Kyoto, Nara itinerary

Osaka Apr 28, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Good day everyone!
      Me and my 2 friends will be spending 6 days vacation in Osaka. A suggestion for a 6-day Osaka, Kyoto, Nara itinerary for late Nov to early Dec 2015 will be highly appreciated taking into consideration the best autumn colors.
      Thanks! And God bless!

more
    • 8 days in japan

Japan Apr 21, 2015 at 4:05 PM

Is it worth my my while to visit Osaka from tokyo for a couple days when I have to get back to tokyo anyway for my return flight? What will be prices and how long on a bus? Also I want to know about doing a day trip to mt Fuji? Should I go with an organised group or is there someway to get there ourselves?

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

First Day Itinerary

Tokyo Apr 12, 2015 at 5:23 AM

I will be in Tokyo on a Sunday and will be coming in from Narita airport around 2pm. I would like to maximize my day so after check in I am thinking of going to:

1) Meiji Shrine - I have read somewhere that it's closed on Mondays but the shrine's website says it's open daily. I also know that I can reach either via Metro (Shinjuku-sanchome station- Meijijingumae station) or JR Line (Shinjuku-Harajuku station). I'm confused on how to reach the shrine after I exit either of the 2 stations. Google shows that it will be a 25 min walk from either stations to the entrance of the Shrine. The website of Meiji Shrine says it will be a 1min walk to the South gate. Which is which? Also, is an hour enough to really enjoy Meiji shrine?

2) Harajuku/Takeshita Dori - After I exit Meiji Shrine
      3) Omotesando- for Number Sugar/Omotesando Koffee/Crayon House (have their vegetarian buffet for dinner) Japanese food is my favorite! : )

4) Shibuya - do I still have time? If I don't I can do this the next day.

more
    • Where to shop and best buy for rolex watches

Shinjuku Apr 6, 2015 at 1:06 AM

What and where store we can find best rolex watches that is authentic and cheap prices? I will be in shinjuku this april 9 to 14, 2015.
      Please reply

more
    • Looking for a cat in Tokyo

Tokyo Apr 27, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Where can I buy a reasonable cat or kitten in Tokyo?

more
    • Straggler's Profile Photo

10 hour at the airport - What would you do

Osaka Apr 20, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Long layover at the airport and wanted to see something around the area. What would you suggest to do.

more
    • Which district to stay in?

Japan Apr 21, 2015 at 12:13 AM

Hi, I'm going to tokyo soon for 8 days. I will be on backpackers budget of about au$100 per day so wondering if anyone can recommend a good hostel in a good area with lots of things to see/do and a good nightlife around. Also what would be some good affordable things to see and do in tokyo? how to get around? And what would be the cheapest/easiest way getting from the airport to the city?

more
    • BelsT's Profile Photo

Narita Airport to Tokyu Stay Shinjuku

Tokyo Apr 11, 2015 at 1:11 AM

To reach Tokyu Stay Shinjuku I will take the NEX to:
      1) Tokyo Station - transfer to Metro (Marunouchi line) - Shinjuku-Sanchome station - exit and reach hotel on 1 min walk.

2) Shinjuku station which I believe is connected to Shinjuku-Sanchome. I am not sure how far a walk this will be. I will be bringing a luggage although wheeled and small size. Tokyo station seems daunting to a first-timer like me.

Which is the better way?

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

2 Weeks in Japan

Japan Apr 17, 2015 at 3:22 AM

Japan has never been on my travel radar so I've never really researched specifics. With 2 weeks to explore, what cities would you recommend exploring? Train travel a must. :-)

more
    • LakanPH's Profile Photo

Family Visit

Nagoya Nov 22, 2014 at 12:32 AM

My family and I will be in Nagoya, DEC 26 to JAN 2, 6 adults + 4 kids. Will need a VAN and Private Tourguide so we can discuss the itinerary.

3 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM
    • shopping in nagoya

Nagoya Nov 5, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Hi I am an intenational student in Nagoya university.i am facing a lot of difficulties here for shopping.As I am healthy ;you can say somewhat fat. so I am unable to get jeanz of my size and also shoes.I am a female and now worried due to weather conditions.Please do guide me about the shopping malls having big size jeans,jackets,shoes/sweaters etc.

1 Answer Nov 6, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    • Language used in Japan

Nagoya Oct 22, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Do they speak English or Chinese ?

11 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 7:19 PM
    • We don't know Japanese, but we wish to go backpacker

Nagoya Oct 22, 2014 at 11:03 PM

Is it possible to go backpacker at Nagoya or any places at Japan,

? We know English and Chinese.

4 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM
    • kahar's Profile Photo

Airport To Hotel

Nagoya Oct 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Dear All, I will be arriving in Nagoya on the 7th Nov afternoon. I will be staying at Meitetsu Inn Nagoya Nishiki, Nishiki, Naka-ku, Nagoya. My question would be besides taking a cab, how do I go about in going to my hotel from Chubu Centrair Airport eh?

For your info, I will be carrying my sporty backpack as well as one big luggage. If bus is an option, would it be possible to bring along the big luggage onboard?

Thank you.

2 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM
    • amiya's Profile Photo

Accomodation for family

Nagoya Sep 29, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Hi. My brother will be coming to visit Japan with his family. However it seems that hotels in Japan are charging rooms per person, therefore this would be either be expensive or websites indicate unavailability of rooms. My brother is a group of 5 (2 adults and 3 young children). Normally, if they go vacation in other countries, they only book room with double beds (No of persons is not counted).

Have anyone been in such situation before?. Or can anybody suggest apartment for weekly rent.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Oct 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM
    • Kintetsu Pass in Nagoya

Nagoya Sep 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Hi,

I'm going to Nagoya and plan to visit Okazaki for 1 day. Does Kintetsu Pass covers the stations in Okazaki? Meitetsu railway is also covered?

Many tks,

2 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • 1 day trip to Okazaki

Okazaki Sep 15, 2014 at 6:10 AM

I'll visit Nagaya for 4 days and plan to go Okazaki for 1 day. Have been checking on how to tour a few sight seeing spots in Okazaki but no clue on how to arrange a proper route to save time & transportation cost. Other than trains, Meitetsue bus is good to make use? Please help.

I'll start from Sakae, would like to go Morning Market, Okazaki Castle, Daijuji and Haccho

Many tks,

5 Answers Sep 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM
    • autumn918's Profile Photo

4 nights in Nagoya

Nagoya Aug 11, 2014 at 2:59 AM

Dear fellow VTs,

I will be travelling from Kyoto to Nagoya on 6th December & spending 4 nights in Nagoya till 9th December night & flying back on 10th dec morning.

My Fren read that 4 nights in Nagoya is too much. But we will be making a stopover at hikone to visit the castle on 6th dec.

What do you guys think? Is 4 nights too much? Are there any nearby day trips to the beautiful rural & mountain area?

Thanks
      Rebekah

6 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    • amiya's Profile Photo

World cup match

Nagoya Jun 2, 2014 at 2:35 AM

I would like to experience watching Japan's first match with other Japanese football supporters. Does anyone know of there will be an outdoor live screening for the first match in Nagoya?

4 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    • osu street shopping

Nagoya Feb 11, 2014 at 7:21 PM

what time does osu street shopping shut down/close

• taxi cost from centrair airport

Nagoya Feb 11, 2014 at 7:19 PM

whats the cost and timeframe from centrair airport and osu shopping street

• renemontalbo's Profile Photo

Arriving after midnight at Chibu

Nagoya Dec 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM

What mode of trasportation is best from the airport if im arriving around 1am after midnight to Best Western in Naka Ward.

3 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    • Moving To Nagoya

Nagoya Dec 20, 2013 at 1:20 AM

What is the living cost of a family with 3 children (14,11 and 1 year old) in Nagoya?

5 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    • area 51 and pacific blue club in aichi

Aichi-ken Dec 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM

tell me about these clubs

3 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM
    • swiftfoot's Profile Photo

Hotel in Inuyama

Inuyama Sep 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Will visit the Meiji Mura in Inuyama, Aichi-ken. What hotel would you recommend - with convenient location being the highest consideration? (at the price range of USD130 - 160)

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM
    • Chubu international airport to Nagahama

Nagoya Sep 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I will be traveling from Chubu international airport near Nagoya to Nagahama. I will arrive at the airport in the evening on weekend, so what would be the best possible way to reach Nagahama? Is it safe to travel by train in the late evening and night? Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • 8 hour layover

Nagoya Aug 29, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I will be traveling to and from Hawaii and Manila in October. I have an 8 hour layover at the Nagoya airport. I got a map of the airport and I am aware of the spa and restaurants at the airport. I'm just wondering if it worth my time to travel out of the airport for an 8 hour layover? And if it is worth it, what/where should I do/go? =)

4 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 6:46 PM
    • swiftfoot's Profile Photo

Kouyou - autumn leaves

Nagoya Aug 29, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Hi!
      Is it possible to view autumn leaves at the end of October/ first week of November in/ around Nagoya?

5 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    • hmc_jr's Profile Photo

How do I get to Ekimae MontBlanc Hotel from Nagoya airport?

Nagoya Apr 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Greetings, question is as stated - How do I get to Ekimae MontBlanc Hotel from Nagoya airport? Some additional info... I will be traveling with my wife and 3 yr old daughter. Wondering what would be easiest?

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    • Students in Nagoya

Nagoya Aug 9, 2012 at 6:09 PM

How friendly is Nagoya to students?

1 Answer Aug 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    • threat in okazaki

Okazaki Jan 16, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Is okazaki is tsunami and earthquake effected area? What are the other dangereous treats in okazaki? what are the precautions?

8 Answers Jan 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM
    • Jewelry shop

Nagoya Dec 15, 2011 at 8:45 PM

I am not very familiar on places of Nagoya, my friend told me that there are many jewelry shop to go somewhere in Osu kanon, but I dont know the exact place and the names of the jewelry shops, could you please guide me by providing me information how to go there? I live here in Okazaki Aichi Ken but I am also new here thats why i dont know.Please tell me also to where will I start of train station and doko made just to reach the osukannon , the jewelry shops itself. if you have phone numbers too then it will most better.thank you and hoping for immediate reply.

1 Answer Dec 16, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    • patsouthwood's Profile Photo

Carpentry/woodworking town near Nagoya?

Nagoya Aug 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Hi, I am trying to find the name of a town that is apparently famous for woodworking and carpentry near Nagoya. My son is an apprentice furniture maker and he wants to visit this area to see/learn from Japanese carpenters. Any info very welcome, thanks.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    • renemontalbo's Profile Photo

Komehyo, Nagoya

Nagoya Aug 13, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Im really interested to visit Nagoya just for the sole purpose of buying used Louis Vuitton bags from Komehyo, Nagoya. The only thing I know is that this is a huge 2nd hand store, are there any other details for tourists I need to know before I go there?

1 Answer Mar 4, 2010 at 5:34 AM
    • Lodging for 20 in Nagoya?

Nagoya Jul 21, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Hello; I am planning a trip to Nagoya in October of 2010 with a group of graduate students. There will probably be 20-24 people, and we are planning to stay for three weeks. Does anyone know of apartment blocs for short-term lease that might fit within the budget of a group of graduate students and young professionals?

-Ted

1 Answer Feb 13, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    • Nagoya to Shizuoka

Nagoya Feb 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Hello!
      What is the best way to get from Nagoya to Shizuoka? How much will it cost of i take the train and how long will it take to get there? Do you know of any website where i can search for it?
      Thank you so much for the help.

3 Answers Feb 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    • places to visit adns tay overnight on a long layover in Nagoua

Nagoya Jan 8, 2009 at 9:00 AM

My husband and I will have an overnight layover in Nagoura, Can anyone recommend very inexpensive places to stay and sites to see in a short time??
      Sharon

1 Answer Jan 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM
    • hey

Nagoya May 28, 2008 at 2:56 PM

How can i get information about turists from around the world and from japan who came to Nagoya, a statistic or something like that? An institute from Nagoya that can provide me this kind of informations can help me too. Demografics informations of Nagoya can help me alsow. Thanks

2 Answers May 28, 2008 at 5:10 PM
    • valle's Profile Photo

new hotel

Nagoya Jan 4, 2008 at 11:54 PM

I am planning to visit Nagoya soon. What are the newly built 4 star hotels in Nagoya? I do not mean the newly renovated hotels. I mean a hotel that has just started operations in the last few years. Thanks for your help.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2008 at 1:58 AM