Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation

Kandy 23 hours ago

I am in Kandy. I want to know how much to pay for a taxi or a car in Kandy. I need contact numbers and references for good tour and transport operators in Kandy. Would it be wise to take the car to Nuwarara Elliya for sightseeing and retain the car for a night and then come back to Kandy in the same car.

• Train from Kandy to Negombo

Sri Lanka Sep 20, 2015 at 3:57 AM

I want to travel on 06/10/2015 from Kandy to Negombo by train (arrival around 17:00 clock). Need current train schedule. Observation Train at this time? It is perhaps more quickly from Colombo to go to Negombo with the taxi, how much does it cost? Thank you.

• Travel partner for Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Sep 29, 2015 at 4:13 AM

Hi, I'm male 27 will be travelling to Sri lanka from 14th October till 20 th october.
      Looking for travel partner ....Is any one interested ?

• bala101's Profile Photo

Travel in Sri Lnka

Sri Lanka Sep 18, 2015 at 5:47 AM

Greetings. I have been to Sri Lanka earlier, but have not quite enjoyed traveling alone. Any plans anyone to accompany (from Sirlanka). Thank you.

• Help to travel from Arugam Bay to Trincomalee

Sri Lanka Sep 17, 2015 at 11:17 PM

Can anyone help me with advice on the best way to travel from Arugam bay to Nilaveli close to Trincomalee? Also where and how can one rent a car for the one way trip, I guess from Akkaraipattu to Trinco?
      Thx L

• Colombo-Sigriya-Dambulla-Columbo possible in a days time?

Colombo Sep 17, 2015 at 1:05 AM

Is this kind of Round trip (Colombo-Sigriya-Dambulla-Columbo) possible in a days time?
      We are really short of time in Colombo like for 4 days/3 nights. We plan to do 1 full day in North (covering sigriya/Dambulla), 2 days in South covering Hikkaduwa and Galle and one day in Colombo.

We are landing in Colombo around 5:30am, and plan to immediately head in direction of Sigiriya from airport. We plan to first halt at Dambulla, and then go to Sigriya rock climbing. Later in evening, we plan to head back for Colombo.

Is the evening/night travel advisable from Sigiriya to Colombo?

Further, we are going in end of September, so any of these location are impacted/closed during monsoons? Please advice.

• accommodation negombo beach

Negombo Sep 30, 2015 at 10:53 AM

HI, Can anyone recommend a good, resonably priced place to stay, with pool.Prefer a friendly, family run place, rather than a big chain hotel.Close to beach, restaurants etc.
      Thanks Gill

• Mi06's Profile Photo

Ride cost from Colombo Airport to Unawatuna

Sri Lanka Sep 13, 2015 at 5:51 AM

Hello everybody!
      Next Friday, 19th of September I'll be traveling to Sri Lanka and I need a ride for 2 people from the Airport to Unawatuna. Anyone can recommend me a driver, with good prices? I contacted Kangaroo taxi but they gave me a high rate I guess, 12500 LKR...
      Thanks a lot!

• tuk tuk costs

Sri Lanka Sep 30, 2015 at 11:21 AM

Hi what is the normal cost for travel on a tuk tuk, eg airport to Negombo?
      Thanks Gill

• tour in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Oct 5, 2015 at 12:23 AM

hi, my wife and I are visiting the country 6 nights and 5 1/2 days. what are the must-to-do or must see places? Since we will arriving at 3pm on Oct 24 and depart @ 6 pm on Oct 31. We are planning to boo with travel and tour agency but we want to negotiate with the places we want to see. Hope somebody could give us suggestions. thank you.

• Trip to Srilanka

Colombo Sep 15, 2015 at 3:22 AM

m planning to travel to srilanka on dec 31,2015 for 4 night
      Can any one suggest me to find hotels & where to travel & how to travel??

• Ahungalla

by NORTALF Online Now Jun 29, 2004 at 5:32 AM

Can anybody please tell me how remote Ahungalla is? Is it far from the main towns? Are there good roads to access the place? Apart from the Triton hotel, is there anything in the area worth visiting? Thanks

3 Answers Jun 30, 2004 at 8:26 PM
    • Weather in Ahungalla in first 2 weeks in August!

by Leanne81 Online Now Apr 13, 2004 at 2:14 AM

Hi, Please could someone let me know what the weather will be like in Sri Lanka; Ahungalla in the first 2 weeks in August!??? Im staying at the Triton Hotel Thanks Leanne

1 Answer Apr 15, 2004 at 5:10 AM
    • Kate36's Profile Photo

Triton Hotel, Ahungalla, Sri Lanka

by Kate36 Online Now Mar 18, 2004 at 3:37 PM

I am planning to stay at the Triton Hotel in Ahungalla from 29th June - 7th July and I was wondering whether anyone could give me more info on the hotel, resort, weather and excursions as I have never been to Sri Lanka before and dont quite know what to expect! Thanks Kate x.

6 Answers Mar 12, 2007 at 1:51 PM