Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for a couple people to join us the road from Airport to Tangalle

Sri Lanka Nov 19, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Hello everybody! We're going to visit this amazing country on November, 30th. Looking for a couple people to get from Airport to Tangalle together to reduce the price for taxi. Who wants to join us, please write me. Our arrival Dec 30, 8.30 a.m.

• After Trinco

Sri Lanka Nov 28, 2015 at 9:41 AM

I have planned a couple of nights in Kandy followed by Harabana and I'm thinking Trinco next, has anyone got a travel route to suggest thereafter to get to the south west area for my remaining week without returning back along the A6 highway?

• Nature itinerary

Sri Lanka Nov 17, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Hi everyone please have a look at our route, we have 12 days and our interest is birdwatching and a bit of culture. Doable? We're going to hire a driver, try and see as much as we can but don't want to be driving everyday:
      SIGIRIYA (2 nights), KANDY (1 night), KITULGALA (1 night), NUWARA ELIYA (2 nights), TISSAMHARAMA (2 nights), SINHARAJA (2 nights), MIRISSA or UNAWATUNA (2 nights).

• itinerary,pinnawala,dambulla,sigiriya,polonnaruwa Kandy

Sri Lanka Nov 8, 2015 at 8:48 AM

I will be travelling from Negombo to Kandy and want to visit the elephant orphanage at Pinnawala,caves temples at Dambulla, Sigiriya rock and polonnaruwa. How much time should I allow for this. I had thought to leave Negombo early morning,stopping off at pinnawala and then heading onto dambulla and visiting the caves in the evening.staying over in Dambulla (?) then visiting the rock on the way to Kandy. I am not sure where polonnaruwa fits into this, whether i can fit this in before setting off for Kandy from Dambullal or as a day trip from Kandy.Any help would be appreciated.I will probably use taxi for transport between the main places.
      Thanks Gill

• ranjankar1's Profile Photo

Bus Bandarawela to Matara

Bandarawela Nov 4, 2015 at 7:10 AM

Is it possible to book bus ticket in advance ? Planning trip to Srilanka during Feb . Lone traveller. Is bus journey safe ?

• bandaranayake airport to negombo beach

Negombo Nov 9, 2015 at 2:34 AM

how to get to negombo beach area from bandaranayake airport by bus

• how many steps

Mihintale Nov 6, 2015 at 9:14 PM

how long does it take to walk up the many steps to the rock? thanks from Leanne

• Driver Hire

Sri Lanka Nov 12, 2015 at 7:27 AM

We are planning a 2 week trip in Feb next year and would like to hire a driver/guide. We would like to do a mix of activities i.e. some birdwatching, nature walks, and a few cultural sights. Can anyone recommend a good english-speaking driver?

• Ahungalla

by NORTALF Online Now Jun 29, 2004 at 5:32 AM

Can anybody please tell me how remote Ahungalla is? Is it far from the main towns? Are there good roads to access the place? Apart from the Triton hotel, is there anything in the area worth visiting? Thanks

3 Answers Jun 30, 2004 at 8:26 PM
    • Weather in Ahungalla in first 2 weeks in August!

by Leanne81 Online Now Apr 13, 2004 at 2:14 AM

Hi, Please could someone let me know what the weather will be like in Sri Lanka; Ahungalla in the first 2 weeks in August!??? Im staying at the Triton Hotel Thanks Leanne

1 Answer Apr 15, 2004 at 5:10 AM
    • Kate36's Profile Photo

Triton Hotel, Ahungalla, Sri Lanka

by Kate36 Online Now Mar 18, 2004 at 3:37 PM

I am planning to stay at the Triton Hotel in Ahungalla from 29th June - 7th July and I was wondering whether anyone could give me more info on the hotel, resort, weather and excursions as I have never been to Sri Lanka before and dont quite know what to expect! Thanks Kate x.

6 Answers Mar 12, 2007 at 1:51 PM