show me adventurous place list in Ahmedabad

9 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    • Roads

by ashishupadhyay Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Which of the roads facility development in city

5 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    • Ahmedabad Hotels.

by Greydudes Online Now Dec 14, 2008 at 12:30 PM

I have been trying to find out more about some of the truly budget hotels in Ahmedabad and have been unsuccessful. I am looking at some Guest Houses namely Akash Hotel Near Navrangpura Stadium, Madhuvan Hotel on C.G. Road. If anyone on the forum has experienced one of these establishment and can provide information on the facilities at the location, would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 14, 2008 at 2:28 PM
    • mumbai to ahmedbad

by pravdr Online Now Oct 12, 2008 at 1:45 AM

iam travelling from mumbai to ahmedabad by road in december. can i get the following information/suggestion/advice?

1 what is the distance between mum to ahd in kms?
      2 how much time does it actually take to travel i mean the traffic the bottelnecks etc?
      3 any good hotels on NH8 wher i actually dont enter the city but stay close to NH8 as we wd be travelling onward to udaipur.
      4 what is the distance between ahmedabad to udaipur?and how many hours does it take
      5 want good suggestions for places en route to halt refresh and dine!!

any more information wd be useful as iam travelling on NH8 for first time.

regards'

pravdr

1 Answer Oct 29, 2008 at 5:25 PM
    • BooBoo35's Profile Photo

Ahmedabad 18 Jan - 29 Jan Ladies travelling alone

by BooBoo35 Online Now Jan 1, 2008 at 3:26 AM

Hi how safe is Ahmedabad for ladies travelling on their own. We were referred to by friends to stay at Ellidbridge gymkhana. Is this a nice club to stay at? Are there any specific rules for ladies(non indian)travelling there? Where do we go for interesting markets to shop for material and traditional and western clothing? Want to fly to Mumbai what cheap reliable airlines are there and where could we stay thats not to expensive but clean and has a private bathroom. A place that can accommodate 3 in one room. What means of transport do we use in both cities. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

4 Answers Jan 10, 2008 at 9:20 AM
    • mochajavaman's Profile Photo

Solitary Traveler in Ahmedabad Feb 2008

by mochajavaman Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Hello all! I will be in Ahmedabad Feb 2008 for a few days (exact dates still open)...would like to know if any fellow sojourners, foreign or local, care to meet up in order to enrich the experience. Let me know if you are interested or if you have any 'must-see' items to put on my list of to-do's. Anyone know where I can get some lessons in authentic Indian cooking? Thanks a million!!

4 Answers Dec 28, 2007 at 2:28 AM
    • Ahmadabad Visit

by activelori Online Now May 3, 2007 at 4:36 PM

I will be visiting Ahmadabad from May 13-23 and was wondering if anyone could recommend unique places to visit. I would like to visit an School or Orphanage if possible. Also any hand crafted local markets would be great too. Any advice welcome.

Thanks!

• Any info, most welcome!!

by madtrav Online Now Jan 14, 2006 at 11:27 PM

Hi all,

I am excited to be visiting Ahmedabad. Though I spend 2 days (21st/22nd), I would be spending the first day doing some official work..but I could meet other VTers travelling there over the evening. I do have the flight back to Bangalore in the evening - any suggestions for a quick trip around/shopping? I love photography and hence the colorful ethnic crafts would also interest me - where can I go to visit them without spending too much time looking around? Thanks for any kind of info...Any travelers in Ahmedabad/locals, pls mail me either on VT address or .
      Regards,
      Ramesh

• rakhipandya's Profile Photo

Wedding shopping is killing me

by rakhipandya Online Now Jan 4, 2006 at 4:04 AM

Hi all

I desperately need some advice and quick. In Feb of this year I leave London for Mumbai to come and do my wedding shopping. With precious little time, I have been advised that Ahmadabad is the place to go. It's cheaper, has just as much varierty and being a guju, the language will not be a problem. But typically everyone has an opinion and the other half say go Rajkot. Is there anyone there who can advise seeing as my family is soo out of touch with India I can't trust them.

Cheers guys

Rakhi

• supune's Profile Photo

Shots needed?

by supune Online Now Jul 22, 2005 at 11:02 AM

If I'm going to be in Ahmadabad in December how critical is it to get shots? I've been told to "definitely" get Hepatytus and Typhoid shots as well as Malaria pills.

For sure I can't take the Malaria pills.

Do travelers always take such precautions? For sure, I don't want to get sick when I'm on my trip or after. I'm just wonderng how frequent it is for someone who is only going to be in India for 2 weeks to get sick.

I'll be with some kids and possibly in the slums. So would it make it more likely that I'll need the shots. If I do go without the shots, would other travelors, consider me crazy?

thanks for your opinions and facts and number are appreciated.

4 Answers Jul 26, 2005 at 1:08 AM
    • supune's Profile Photo

travel info

by supune Online Now Jul 9, 2005 at 8:51 PM

Hi, I'm planning on going to Ahmadabad on December 20th.

Does anyone have any general advice? I'm just starting my travel research. I've never been to India nor do I know alot about it. I was born in Sri Lanka but have lived in the US since I was 4yrs old.

My first question is:
      I want to go to Dehli on December 31st and come back to Ahmadabad in time to make my trip back home at 10pm on Jan 3rd. What is the best way to travel. I was reccommened to use Jet Airways, (about270 round trip). It would be cool to go by land (bus, train) from Ahmadabad to see the landscape. Would that be possible? I'll be meeting with a group that will be touring New Dehli on the 1st and then we are hoping to go to Agra on the 2nd. Then I have to get back to my flight on the 3rd.

2nd:
      I'll be in Ahmadabad for 10 days. What are some recommendations for places to stay.
      Anyone intrested in VT meetings from Dec 22nd to Dec30th? What are the best places for someone who only knows english?

thanks.

3 Answers Aug 2, 2005 at 3:23 PM
    • yumiyun's Profile Photo

market place

by yumiyun Online Now Aug 25, 2003 at 3:47 AM

Have a day to spend in Ahmadabad and want to purchase some stuffs including women's clothes, ties, sweaters/winter jackets (for men) motorcycle helmets and suitcase. Where in the city can we find a place to buy all these things?

1 Answer Aug 25, 2003 at 9:16 AM
    • yumiyun's Profile Photo

suitcase

by yumiyun Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 11:00 PM

This may be too much a specific question, but anyway... Does anybody know where is a good place in Ahmadabad to purchase suitcase? Preferably close to railway station? Do you think it would be about the same price in Mumbai?

1 Answer Aug 15, 2003 at 3:15 AM