change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pacaya Samiria from Lagunas

Lagunas Aug 2, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Hi all,

I'm planning to visit Iquitos by taking the boat from Yurimaguas but first to stop in the town Lagunas in order to arrange some trip/trail in the jungle of Pacaya Samiria. And here comes my question:

Does anyone know the average cost of few-day trip for two people? Any contact person in Lagunas? I'm not interested in sleeping in the lodge (no fun and moreover the cost is extremely high) but rather rough and adventorous trip with tents/hammocks. I've heard different opinions about visiting Pacaya Samiria. Some of them told that it's very wild area but the other that in order to get to wild places in this reserve you need whole week to reach the starting point in order to explore true not commercial zone.

Any info from anyone?

more
    • kbl's Profile Photo

Local Guide for Colca Canyon?

Colca Aug 12, 2015 at 10:36 AM

Hello all -
      I'll be in Arequipa in a couple of week. Looking for a local guide who speaks (some) english. I speak some spanish, but that might be too short. Any recommendations?
      Koen

more
    • cost for train

Machu Picchu Aug 1, 2015 at 4:58 PM

What is the current one way cost for the Hiram Bingham train?

more
    • From Iquitos to Pantoja

Pantoja Jul 31, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Hi all!
      In the October I'll be in Iquitos. From there I'd like to get to Equador through Pantoja in Peru. So, could anyone tell me how often cargo boats leave from Iquitos to Pantoja? I've heard 3 times per month, but any schedule? And how long is the trip?
      I have also some information about speed boat but the problem is the price, as some resource gave me the price 200$ (Lonely Planet for example) and the other 200 S (sol peruano), so the difference is huge... Any help from anyone? :)
      Cheers,
      Krzysiek

more
    • Weather in September / Itinerary Question? (Peru 2015)

Peru Yesterday

Hello everyone!

I was looking at the forecast for weather this September in Cusco/ Sacred Valley area and it's displaying rain for the entire first half of September. How accurate are these forecasts? What is the "rain" like? I am hoping to experience a mostly dry trip, but am going prepared for rain.

I arrive in Cusco around noon and will be staying in Pisac. Would I have enough time to drop my bags off at a hotel in Pisac to travel to Moray and Maras? And does anyone have a link to the hours the ruins are open? It's been very difficult finding hours for most of these sites.

My schedule so far:

Day 1:
      -Arrive at hotel around 1 pm
      -Moray
      -Maras (Salinas de Maras)
      -Dinner around 6pm

Day 2:
      -Pisac Market
      -Pisac Ruins

Day 3:
      -traveling to Cusco
      -spend the day in Cusco (explore ruins around area)

Day 4-8:
      -Salkantay Trek

Day 9:
      Machu Picchu

Day 10:
      -Ollantaytambo and ruins
      -Spend night in Cusco

Day 11:
      -Travel to Puno
      - Half-Day in Lake Titicaca

Day 12:
      -Day in Lake Titicaca

Day 13:
      -Early bus to Arequipa
      -Arrive in Arequipa
      -Half day in Arequipa

Day 14:
      -Day trip to Colca Canyon

Day 15:
      -Travel back to Lima (via plane at 8am)
      -Day in Lima
      -Fly out (midnight flight)

Any suggestions on things I should change/ add? Are any of the ruins not worth seeing? All bus and plane tickets are already booked. As well as hotels (but hotels can change)

Also, Any suggestions for restaurants in Peru?

Thank you everyone!

more
    • kbl's Profile Photo

Arrival of Cruz Del Sur, and departure of train

Cusco Aug 12, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Good day all travelers!

I'll be arriving in september by bus in Cusco (Cruz Del Sur). According to their time table I get there at 06:00AM. I have a couple of questions:
      1. Are these busses generally arriving more or less on time?
      2. I can't locate an address that Google maps can understand for this terminal. My ticket has "Av. Industrial Nro.121 Urb. Bancopata Cusco" marked. Can anyone point me to a google maps location that corresponds?
      3. I'm planning to take a train to Machu Picchu from Cusco. Is the station of POROY or the station of OLLANTAYTAMBO the closest to the bus terminal, and how much time would it take me to go from the bus to the train?

Thanks a million & safe travels!

Koen

more