change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• FunLovinTourist's Profile Photo

Ferry options from Salerno to Positano

Campania Jun 25, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Hello everyone. I'm going to be arriving in Salerno via cruise ship (Royal Caribbean - Serenade of the Seas) on 4 September. My plan is to take a ferry, first thing in the morning, from Salerno to Positano.  (And then after spending some time in Positano, take the SITA bus to Amalfi, and then finally a ferry from Amalfi back to Salerno.)  I would like to get to Positano as early in the morning as possible to maximize my sightseeing time.  I expect to be able to disembark from the cruise ship at 7 in the morning or shortly thereafter.

From what I've read online, there are a several options for the ferry from Salerno to Positano:

1. Travelmar/Cooperativa Sant'Andrea (I believe these are the same thing), and this ferry departs regularly from the pier nearest Piazza della Concordia, but the earliest departure is 8:40 in the morning. I've read that a shuttle bus is available from the cruise ship to Piazza della Concordia.  This trip is advertised as 70 minutes.
      2. Alicost, which departs from the Molo Manfredi pier only at 8:40 in the morning (I wonder if this is a commuter ferry?)  I don't know how long this trip takes.
      3. NLG, which also departs from the Molo Manfredi pier only only at 8:20 in the morning, and is apparently a high speed ferry that takes 50 minutes.

Here are my questions that I hope can be answered:

1. Is Molo Manfredi easier to get to than taking a shuttle bus from the ship to Piazza della Concordia?  I don't know exactly where the cruise ship will dock, and from what I've read online, the Salerno port is quite large.
      2. I'd like to be able to enjoy the ferry trip, and hopefully enjoy the view of the coast from the ferry.  It looks like the Travelmar/Cooperativa Sant'Andrea ferries allow for enjoying the view with outside seating.  Does the NLG ferry also have outside seating?  Is it an unpleasant journey because it is high-speed?  I'd love to take a few good photos of arriving in Positano.  It looks like a stunning view from the pictures I've seen online.  I can't wait to visit! smiley

Many thanks in advance for any insight and guidance that you can provide!  Ciao!

more
    • Getting to Salerno from USA

Salerno 5 hours ago

I hope to travel to Salerno this Fall to study Italian and enrolling in an immersion course. Can anyone suggest the best way to get there? Fly into Naples and take the train to Salerno or fly into Rome and take the train? I live in Cental New York (State)

more
    • BUS FROM SORRENTO TO NAPLES

Sorrento Jul 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM

STAYING IN SORRENTO AND WANT TO TAKE A BUS TO NAPLES. HOW MUCH, HOW LONG AND WHERE DO WE CATCH THE BUS?

more
    • Positano, sorento, or Amalfi town

Amalfi Jul 18, 2014 at 6:16 AM

My husband and I are traveling to italy for the first time this September. We will be spending 5 days along the Amalfi Coast. Being unfamiliar with the area, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to stay. We will be traveling by train, coming from Florence. Any suggestions on what to see and do while there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • Sunday opening

Paestum Jul 15, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Is the site open on Sundays and do the trains and buses run on that day?

more
    • Sights to see

Sorrento Jul 7, 2014 at 6:34 AM

We are going to stay in Sorrento and then Naples. We want to see Pomei, Hercanleum, and Mount Vesuvius. Should we divide it up and do Mt. Vesuvius when we get to Naples or do all three from Sorrento or all three from Naples?

more
    • Traveling from Sorrento to Naples Italy

Sorrento Jul 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM

What is the best way to go to Naples from Sorrento Italy?

more
    • Jepstein517's Profile Photo

Transportation from Praiano to Florence

Amalfi Jun 24, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Having been helped so much getting from Rome to Praiano by bus (thanks so much!), we now will need to get from Praiano to Florence next Monday by 5 p.m. Are there any buses that could do the trick? We hesitate to take trains b/c we have 4 pieces of luggage (2 large, 2 small) and are concerned about getting them on and storing them on the train. I guess we will if there is no option, but you guys are so knowledgeable, I'm hoping someone knows a way by bus.

Thanks, Judi

more
    • Train from Florence to sorrento

Sorrento Jul 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Can someone please give me the exact train line and location to get from Florence Santa Maria train station into florence? Can i take Italo to Naples and then take another local train? If so, what local train, how do i schedule it and whats the website?!

more
    • Sorrento bus to Massa Lubrense

Sorrento Jul 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I got the part of taking the Circumvesuviana train from Napoli Central to Sorrento but need to find out which bus to take from Sorrento to the hotel & Spa Bellavista Francischiello on Via Partenope Massa Lubrense. Thank you very much for any info.

more
    • Day trip to Paestum from Sorrento

Paestum Jun 28, 2014 at 2:42 AM

Is it possible to do a day trip from Sorrento to Paestum, stopping on Amalfi Coast & Salerno as well? Is it possible using public transport or should we do an organised tour?

more
    • Ravello to Rome

Ravello Jun 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM

What is the best, and easiest way to get from Ravello to Rome?
      Would the train be the best option? Also, what is the closest train station to Ravello?
      Thank you!

more
    • Questions about Sorrento

Sorrento Jul 7, 2014 at 6:41 AM

We are going to Sorrento and then Naples. Is it better to see Mt Vesuvius when we get to Naples? What about Pompei and the Herulaneum?
      Just trying to see as much as we can for the time we are there.

We are traveling from to Sorrento through Naples. I thought it would be easier to take the ferry from Naples to Sorrento. The website for the ferry is in Italian what times do the ferries run and how far is the ferry docking place from the train station?

Thank you
      Debi Gregg

more
    • getting there

Sorrento Jul 18, 2014 at 9:31 AM

what is the best way to get to Sorrento from Florence airport and do you recomend staying in sorrento or amalfi?

more
    • Day trips from Agropoli

by nanabush Online Now Apr 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Are there day trips from Agropoli to Salerno, Naples or Herculeneum or do we take a bus or train on our own?

1 Answer Apr 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM
    • train from agropoli to pompeii

by toomuchtravel Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Hi, i will be staying in agropoli for 2 weeks in June and wish to visit Pompeii, is there a direct train to pompeii from agropoli?

1 Answer Apr 9, 2011 at 8:35 AM
    • geoveo's Profile Photo

Agropoli -Cilento area of southern Italy

by geoveo Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 2:55 AM

I am planing a driving tour of the area south of Naples in March this year (08)
      We are thinking of staying in Agropoli for 5 nights to visit the Cilento area.

Does anyone have knowledge of this area, there are 3 VT'ers who have pages but they don't seem to have logged on recently. If you know the area in your opinion is it worth a 5 day stay, we have a car so we will be able to travel around, or are there better places to stay in the area.
      Is the town noisy; it's Italy I so I know it won't be quiet, but is it unpleasantly busy.

By the way we will be there in the middle of March.

If you are able to reply I'd be most appreciative, thanks in advance.
      George.

2 Answers Feb 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM