Agrigento Travel Answers

change location
Savl1's Profile Photo

parking in Agrigento city

by Savl1 Online Now Aug 15, 2009 at 2:29 AM

I'll visit Agrigento by car. I read there is a parking near the entrance to valley of the temples. But on the way back I want to stop and see city Duomo. Where it is better to park a car in maximum proximity to Duomo ? Need Your recommendation.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: parking in Agrigento city

by Beausoleil Online Now Aug 15, 2009 at 2:11 PM

There is plenty of parking (pay) at the Valley of the Temples. We didn't go into Agrigento so I have no idea about parking there but it is quite a way from the Valley and you would need some transport if you wanted to leave your car at the Valley. There might be bus service and there is probably parking near the Duomo. Hopefully someone with knowledge of the city will log on soon and answer you. From the Valley of the Temples we were struck at the ugliness of Agrigento; not a good view from the beautiful Greek Temples . . .

While you wait for an answer, you might type Agrigento Duomo into the VT Search Window. Often when people write Tips, they mention parking or transportation.

Good luck. I'm sure the Duomo is beautiful; it's just the skyscrapers surrounding it are awful . . . or perhaps it's just the juxtaposition of Greek Temples and skyscrapers. If you get a chance, visit Selinunte too. We loved the Greek ruins backed by the beautiful ocean views. It's stunning.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines