Agra Travel Answers

change location
Purush's Profile Photo

Agra fort or Agra Cantt

by Purush Online Now Jul 8, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Which station is convenient for visiting Taj.
is it Agra Fort Railway station or Agra Cantt. Good and budget hotels are near which station and for a family which location hotels should be preferred. would also appreciate if somebody can advise good budget hotels.

Thanks in advance

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Agra fort or Agra Cantt

by ElCordobez Online Now Jul 8, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Fort Railway Station is more convenient, but most trains only stop at Agra Cantt., so you don't have a choice. Taj Ganj has a lot of good budget hotels
    (fairly close to the Taj Mahal). The area around both Railway Stations is noisy and not very nice...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Agra fort or Agra Cantt

by Khushi123 Online Now Jan 15, 2010 at 2:45 AM

Agra Fort Station is near the Taj Mahal as compared to Agra Cantt Station. You can get down at any of the stations, however, you can also see Agra Fort if you choose Agra Fort Railway Station for your drop.

Also, there are many good hotels in the Fatehabad Road or the Taj Ganj area near the Taj Mahal. You can choose any hotels here because they mostly have terrace view of Taj. You can stay there and also enjoy views from the terrace when you want to have a cup of coffee.

Budget hotels are mostly found near the Taj Ganj area which is very near to the Taj Mahal.So you can get down at Agra Fort Station and get a hotel in Taj Ganj.

You can also see the list of hotels in the link agratravelphotos.com/agra/ho... which I have found useful during my travel to Agra.

I was in Agra last month and enjoyed a lot there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines