Agra Travel Answers

change location

Agra Hotels/ guesthouses/things to see

by twalnut Online Now Jan 8, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Hello,

We are visiting the Agra area for three or four days in Feb.
Any suggestions as to mid range accomodation, restaurants and things to see would be greatly appreciated. Does getting a guide for the area save a lot of hassle in the long run?

Thank you

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Swades's Profile Photo

RE: Agra Hotels/ guesthouses/things to see

by Swades Online Now Jan 9, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Dear friend,

You can stay in Hotel Pushpavilla (3*), Hotel Atithi (3*), Amar yatri Niwas (2*), Hotel Grand (2*), Hotel Ganga Ratan (1*), Mayur Tourist Complex (1*).

It will be better to hv guide there otherwise u will be in problem as per my suggestion. I think one night is more then to see Agra.

Loev and smile..vivek

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jcjoe's Profile Photo

Re: Agra Hotels/ guesthouses/things to see

by jcjoe Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 8:29 PM

Last October I stayed three nights in Agra at the "Tourist Rest House" (email address: dontworrychickencurry@hotmail.com) Cost: RS450 per night, including pickup at the train station. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the a.c worked. The bathroom was clean and the water hot. The tv may have worked but I wasn't there to watch television in a language I don't understand.

The place is two stories high, box shaped around an interior garden with lush trees and bushes. The restaurant consists of tables in that garden.

The first room I was offered on arrival was on the second floor with a window overlooking the road outside. As I stepped into the room I could hear a loud-speaker somewhere down the street blaring a repetitive phrase that I guess was either religious or political. So I asked for a quiet room further back. No problem. I was immediately given one all the way in the back. Solid wall inside; my door and window faced onto the interior balcony overlooking the restaurant. Never heard noise again either from outside or other rooms.

The restaurant food was easy on my western palette, reasonably priced and well presented. I found an internet cafe a few doors away. I met a number of very pleasant fellow travelers from all over the world. The lobby has a rack of books left behind by other travelers; read and return, no charge.

The Taj Mahal was about 15 minutes away. The manager ("Ramesh") was helpful in guiding me to avoid overcharges by the motor-rickshaws and taxis. His answers as to the correct rates were what I insisted on during the usual negotiations and they were accepted with a minimum of grumbling.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines