Agra Travel Answers

change location

hotel dilemma

by kit72 Online Now Feb 21, 2006 at 9:08 AM

hi, i am staying in agra for 1 night, arriving very late and leaving first thing in morning (the plan is to see the taj mahal at dawn), and i am in a dilemma about which hotel to stay in. because i have 2 young kids, cleanliness is a priority , and so i originally picked the taj view hotel. in hindsight, i have realised its very dear for just one night to "sleep" in, and am considering the howard park plaza hotel.
but i have read some not-so-good reviews about the latter hotel, so am in a dilemma about booking it, or spending almost double the money and staying put in the taj view hotel
any advice or opinions on this?...has anyone stayed at the howards park plaza, and is it at more of a distance to the taj mahal than the taj view hotel? they are on the same road i think, but i cannot find the park plaza one on the map....

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: hotel dilemma

by Shafali Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 6:06 AM

Hi,

I don't know the Howards Park Plaza, but I think go for the one you feel more comfortable with, even for just a little while because it will only enhance the whole "Taj Mahal visit". I went last February and we stayed at the Sheraton. I liked it as well and don't know how much it is compared to the Howards Park, but we enjoyed it even though we stayed for a short while. The staff was unbelievably helpful....I mean, we needed a hotel in New Delhi and the city was absolutely booked due to the Picasso auction, and there was no way. But they pulled some strings and got us a room, an expensive one, but a fantastic one.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

I hope you have a wonderful time!! The Taj Mahal was sooo magical (we saw at at sunset when it takes on a pink tone) that I absolutely need to revisit it at dawn next time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines