Aghion Oros (Mount Athos)

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Motor Boating In Koroni

Koroni Jun 23, 2015 at 7:16 AM

Is there anywhere to hire a little motor boat to go round the coast?

more
    • Koufonisia and Naxos accommodations

Greece Jun 10, 2015 at 9:22 PM

When I posed my question today, I forgot to put Koufonisia in the header along with Naxos. If you have been to Koufonisia, please read the paragraphs below:

We will be in Naxos for five nights as part of our trip to Greece in September, and we have decided this might be a place to splurge on our hotel. We have booked most all of our other accommodations, and I know I can look at all kinds of hotel sites, but I'd really like a recommendation for a small hotel or B&B (I know they don't call them that in Greece, but can't think of the term right now) locally owned, that has rooms with patios with a view of the ocean. Anywhere between 100 and 150 euros would probably be our price range, and we're more interested in view, nice and helpful hosts, and not too many stairs, than in any fancy large place.

We would also like the same type of recommendation for Koufonisia if anyone has been there. I understand we can go there without reservations and find a place spontaneously, but I'd like to have some recommendations as a starting point.

Thanks for any help you can give.

more
    • Buying linen in plaka area or near

Plaka 3 hours ago

I need some bed linen where could I go I'm current near the Acropolis station near Zeus temple

more
    • Tourism today

Athens Jun 29, 2015 at 1:38 PM

What is the current situation for tourists with all the banks closed this week? Are credit cards being accepted?

more
    • young children stoupa

Stoupa Jun 28, 2015 at 1:33 AM

Hi, I'm planning on taking my two young children to Stoupa next year for 2 weeks staying at Evi apartments. They will be 18 months and 3 at the time, just wondering if there's any play parks or play areas for them. Just returned from Crete where even the cafes and restaurants had play areas in so we were very spoiled. Thankyou in advance.

more
    • Trip from kavala to istanbul

Kavala Jun 14, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Which bus goes to Istanbul from Kavala greece? Date, time, price?

more
    • suitcase storage

Corfu Island Jun 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM

When I travel back from Corfu I have to be at the airport 9 hours before my flight. Where can I store my case.

more
    • Koufonisia & Naxos accommodations

Greece Jun 11, 2015 at 10:37 AM

When I posed my question yesterday, I forgot to put Koufonisia in the header along with Naxos. If you have been to Koufonisia, please read the paragraphs below:

We will be in Naxos for five nights as part of our trip to Greece in September, and we have decided this might be a place to splurge on our hotel. We have booked most all of our other accommodations, and I know I can look at all kinds of hotel sites, but I'd really like a recommendation for a small hotel or B&B (I know they don't call them that in Greece, but can't think of the term right now) locally owned, that has rooms with patios with a view of the ocean. Anywhere between 100 and 150 euros would probably be our price range, and we're more interested in view, nice and helpful hosts, and not too many stairs, than in any fancy large place.

We would also like the same type of recommendation for Koufonisia if anyone has been there. I understand we can go there without reservations and find a place spontaneously, but I'd like to have some recommendations as a starting point.

Thanks for any help you can give.

more
    • IngelaA's Profile Photo

IMPORTANT read about RED BEACH!

Santorini Island Yesterday

IMPIS (Institute for the Study and Monitoring of Santorini Volcano) has sent a letter to the members of the Hotel Association Santorini. They want to draw everyone's attention of the status of Red Beach in Akrotiri:

"We would like to inform you and ask you to inform clients of this situation, and that access to the beach is extremely dangerous due to landslides, to avoid any accident with incalculable consequences for the island" They ask the members of the Hotel Association to contact the authorities and to take the nessesary steps to protect visitors from the enormous consequences that will occur in an accident due to a possible landslide.

The authorities have put up signs at the red beach but tourists does not respect these and still walk down. Very soon they will need to put a fence!

Ingela

more
    • Car Rental

Crete Island Jun 22, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Should I rent car or take public transportation?

more
    • Skiathos Tourism - running out of money?

Skiathos Island Jun 21, 2015 at 11:55 AM

With the current crisis still unresolved, how is tourism doing in Skiathos right now? The hotels still manage to open and function normally?

more
    • Athina apartments

Santorini Island Jun 11, 2015 at 11:55 AM

Hi has anyone stayed at Arjuna apartments in Perissa Santorini me and two friends are going in July I just wondered if the location was good and is it near to bars and restaurants

more
    • RajBhide's Profile Photo

VOLOS TO ANO LIHONIA

Volos Jun 9, 2015 at 7:40 AM

PL. INFORM THE BUSES FROM VOLOS TRAIN STATION TO ANO LIHONIA NFOR PILLION TRAIN. COST AND TRAVEL TIME, WHAT R THE DETAILS OF BUS NO.5?

more
    • Public car parks

Delphi Jun 8, 2015 at 9:54 AM

Is there public carparks in delphi?

more
    • RajBhide's Profile Photo

bus TRAVEL

Sounio Jun 8, 2015 at 6:42 AM

WHAT IS THE BEST OPTION TO TRAVEL FROM ATHENS TRAIN STATION TO CAPE SOUNION

more
    • Updated situation in Greece

Athens Yesterday

Im visiting Greece from 8th to 11th July.

Wanted to know if its truly safe? We are doing the delphi meteroa 2 day tour but dont' know if with the gas and petrol situation buses are still functional.

I know that we are meant to carry cash which is fine but besides that is everything else open - restaurants, supermarkets, taxi service etc

more
    • Conditions in Thessaloniki now?

Thessaloniki Yesterday

Hi, I'm planning a vacation to Thessaloniki next week, but am concerned about coming in light of the financial crisis. I know to bring cash, but I've seen on the news that stores are running out of food and gas stations are running out of petrol. Is this more in the area around Athens or is it also in Thessaloniki? Any other tips or insights? Thanks for the help!

more
    • Aristidis Garden Information

Parga Jul 1, 2015 at 3:45 PM

Hi I'm visiting Parga, Greece next week and will be staying at the Aristidis Garden. Does anyone have any information on this accommodation and is it easy to find by car@

more
    • Current situation with banks in Crete

Crete Island Jun 29, 2015 at 1:16 AM

My Son is departing for Crete next Sunday and as parents we're worried about the current currency situation. He does not have a credit card only a bank debit card. Which currency is preferred - is it still Euros or would US$ GB £ be a better option. If local people could keep me updated I would be much appreciated. Much has been heard about what is happening in Athens but how much is this directly affecting Crete. I note that the banks will be closed for at least a week - difficult to distinguish fact from fiction in the media

Hoping someone can keep a worried mum up-dated. Please no generalised info - hard facts as to what is happening.
      Many thanks

more
    • Nightlife in Koukounaries

Skiathos Jun 17, 2015 at 6:22 AM

Is there any nightlife in Koukounaries?

more
    • Athina apartments

Santorini Island Jun 11, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Hi has anyone stayed at Athina apartments in Perissa Santorini me and two friends are going in July I just wondered if the location was good and is it near to bars and restaurants

more
    • Cruise Ship visit to Chania

Chania Jun 8, 2015 at 5:47 AM

We are on a cruise ship visiting Chania in October. Our ship will be in port 8am - 5pm.

This will be our first visit and we would like to make the most of our few hours - we are looking for recommendations as to how best to enjoy our time in Greece.

more
    • 2.5 hours in Athens

Athens Jun 27, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Hi guyes,
      I'll be arriving Athens at 6:30 am and departuring again at 10:15 am, so I have around 2.5 hours in Athens. Where can I go during this time? Is there something close the airport worth see? Please advise me..
      Thanks,
      Qjman

more
    • Tertius's Profile Photo

Is there a lot of thorns on Crete - want to cycle, but not be fixing punctures

Crete Island Jun 25, 2015 at 4:31 AM

I am coming to Crete in July - want to cycle as much as possible, but worried that I am going to be fixing punctures for most of my holiday ? The videos I see gives idea that a lot of dry bushes etc would leave lots of sharp thorns, sticks for my tires. Dis anyone of you cycle / walk a lot around Crete ? South, Central, close to Heraklion as well.

more
    • Car rental in Mykonos, Greece

Mykonos Island Jun 19, 2015 at 6:56 AM

I am considering to hire a car for 2 days at Mykonos in the coming late of July. I understand that it is the peak season of tourism in Mykonos. Can anyone suggest me some reputable car rental company ?

more

Popular Aghion Oros (Mount Athos) Travel Answer Locations

• how to get to uranopolis

Aghion Oros (Mount Athos) Aug 24, 2003 at 10:38 AM

Hi folks, I'm planning a trip to Mount Athos, and trying to figure out the best way to get to Uranopolis. Is there any public transport there other than the scheduled buses from Thessaloniki? Maybe from Kavala??

2 Answers Sep 3, 2004 at 11:48 AM