Agadir Travel Answers

change location
ark527's Profile Photo

Surfing and camping Morroco with 4 year old

by ark527 Online Now Aug 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM

hi Everyone,

As the title of this post suggests, me and my girlfriend are planning on a surf trip to Morroco, the region of Agadir/Taghazout during november this year. Our idea is to spend as much time as possible in the region, so we can stay away from the Scandinavian winter for as long as possible. So at least 2 months. We would like to find a safe camping ground close to some surf spots where we could spend most of our time as the main purpose is to surf. Staying in backpackers and surfcamps would force us to make the trip shorter due to the price these places charge nowadays, so we are taking tents and intend to camp. We also want to take our surfboards, wetsuits etc.. as well as our 4 year old son. Anyway, if someone could share some experience on the following issues it would be very much appreciated:

Does anyone know about camping grounds on the region? Fees?
Safety on camping grounds?
Things to look out for when travelling with kids on the region?
Best ways to get around without a car?

I have other doubts that are not coming to mind now, but i will post them as the threads come in. Thank you.

Rafael.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

Re: Surfing and camping Morroco with 4 year old

by angiebabe Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I have Norwegian friends who travel back to their family at Hassania for a couple of months each year too (Sept to Nov) and I have taken the opp to visit and stay with them while they are there - on the outskirts of Agadir on the way to Taghazout and the beaches along the way are their favourites - including at Taghazoute - which is a nice little town with all the surfers requirements including classes, surfboard shops, internet cafe etc....On further (towards Essaouira) is at least one big camping ground that I know of, with a good cafe restaurant popular with my friends in a nice spot beside the beach.

You could try a google for Atlantic Park which is the name of camping ground between Taghazout and Agadir and might be about 60 dirham a night for 3 of you.

Another friend of mine has also recommend this park but also recommends Immousouane, and I have page on Immousouane or at least tips in my Agadir travel page, its a lovely village and famous also for surfing - my friend says theres a really good camping ground there (Immousouane Camping) and probably about 50 dirham a night. You can catch a bus up and then get off at the turnoff and then catch a taxi to Immousouane.
    There are quite frequent local buses that run in and out of Agadir, and as in most places grande taxis service main travel routes.

also famed places for surfing are at Tamri and down the coast from Agadir at Sidi Ifni.
    As for safety many places in Morocco have an enclosure for safety at night and shut their gates with a night guardian as well to look after the entrance. The Atlantic Park Ive seen that it is fenced.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I have Norwegian friends who travel back to their family at Hassania for a couple of months each year too (Sept to Nov) and I have taken the opp to visit and stay with them while they are there - on the outskirts of Agadir on the way to Taghazout and the beaches along the way are their favourites - including at Taghazoute - which is a nice little town with all the surfers requirements including classes, surfboard shops, internet cafe etc....On further (towards Essaouira) is at least one big camping ground that I know of, with a good cafe restaurant popular with my friends in a nice spot beside the beach.

You could try a google for Atlantic Park which is the name of camping ground between Taghazout and Agadir and might be about 60 dirham a night for 3 of you.

Another friend of mine has also recommend this park but also recommends Immousouane, and I have page on Immousouane or at least tips in my Agadir travel page, its a lovely village and famous also for surfing - my friend says theres a really good camping ground there (Immousouane Camping) and probably about 50 dirham a night. You can catch a bus up and then get off at the turnoff and then catch a taxi to Immousouane.
    There are quite frequent local buses that run in and out of Agadir, and as in most places grande taxis service main travel routes.

also famed places for surfing are at Tamri and down the coast from Agadir at Sidi Ifni.
    As for safety many places in Morocco have an enclosure for safety at night and shut their gates with a night guardian as well to look after the entrance. The Atlantic Park Ive seen that it is fenced.

• ark527's Profile Photo

by ark527 Online Now Sep 19, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Thank you guys for the help.. very helpful and i feel more secure about things now. I will keep posting here as things develop.

Rafael.

• Re: Surfing and camping Morroco with 4 year old

by daniel7 Online Now May 9, 2012 at 6:44 AM

I'd check African Spirit out, they do a great surf camp:

african-spirit.co.uk/morocco...

african-spirit.co.uk/morocco...

• Re: Surfing and camping Morroco with 4 year old

by surfer07 Online Now Jul 23, 2012 at 10:01 AM

i was working and living in taghazout surfing village ,there are many surcamps there but will cost you money, there are cheap apartments to rent which will cost you 600 euro per two months very close to the sea, i used to rent apartments there

There is an other camp in tamraghte 15 minute away from taghazout, the camp located close to the sea atlantic camp

if you have any questions or help concerning accommodations i can help you find you a place just let me know your budget

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines