Agadir Travel Answers

change location

im after a clean nice hotel near the beach

by amberpearl Online Now Apr 18, 2010 at 8:13 AM

hello coming to adagir in aug been looking at lots of reviews on hotels, im stuck really at which to choose i want a nice one with good breakfast near beach but when i look at reviews there either too expensive or all have faults for example people have said bugs/cockroaches dirty rooms small rude staff miles away awful food etc
so can anyone reccomend a value for money spacious clean hotel with b and b included for 2 adults and 1 child

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • john9159's Profile Photo

Re: im after a clean nice hotel near the beach

by john9159 Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Personally I think some posts are grossly exaggerated; the beach front hotels are just as clean as any within the town. Agadir Beach Club is nice, Amadil is ok and rooms in both are cleaned daily. Most reviewers give hotels some bad press but in general all those I have stayed at (7 I think) were in general good or very good.
    You really need to specify what your budget is and BTW, July/August is peak season - Agadir will be very crowded and expensive as many Moroccans come here from work in Europe for their holidays.
    The area to avoid is Cite Founty where the new hotels (FlatHotel, Intouriste, Rihab etc) are located as this is a long walk and a taxi is the better option unless you like a long walk along the beach.
    Get in touch - jklejna@aol.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cabeyp's Profile Photo

by cabeyp Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Why Agadir? Agadir is mainly a package holiday resort - so are you looking for a package hotel that is recomendable? If not I would suggest head north to smaller villages. Taghazout. 30 mins away.
    In Agadir you can get stuck in the "Zone touristique" which isn't the nicest and far from the actual town, that doesn't offer that much in itself.

• tinasmart's Profile Photo

by tinasmart Online Now May 26, 2010 at 4:16 AM

Hi, suggest you leave Agadir behind and go 15 km north to Taghazout (grand taxi from airport). You'll find a charming and totally renovated hotel right on the beach in the middle of the village, hotel l'auberge http://www.surfmaroc.co.uk/auberge.php
    Despite surf tourism, Taghazout has remained an original moroccan fishing village over decades, with welcoming and friendly people, especially the older generations. Taghzout has a lovely crescent shaped beach to swim off or watch the fishermen, three kilometers of sandy beach stretch from the southern side of the village. The internet has got lots of info and photos. Have a nice holiday.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines