Agadir Travel Answers

change location
jessphil's Profile Photo

Morocco Agadir in January 08

by jessphil Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 7:05 AM

Hi

myself and husband will be visiting Agadir this January
we will be staying at Hotel Timoulay has anyone stayed there?
can anyone tell us what its like? what the weather is likely to be doing?
and what the best day trips are, resurants, markets, shops and of course the best beaches to visit.

do you have to have any injections before we go?
is it a safe place?

thanks Jess

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • windcity's Profile Photo

Re: Morocco Agadir in January 08

by windcity Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Hello,
    I just checked out the Hotel Timoulay's own website and I found this under Useful Information

The hotel is located on a newly developed beach front area, therefore, hotel TIMOULAY will not accept any complaints related to the neighbouring constructions. Benefiting from an exceptional location with a breathtaking ocean and dune view, Timoulay hotel is just 300 meters from the beach, 30 minutes from the Almassira Airport and 10 minutes from downtown Agadir. The hotel is located on a newly developed beach front area, therefore, hotel TIMOULAY will not accept any complaints related to the neighbouring constructions.
    Did your travel agent point this out to you ?

It would be good to hear from anyone who has stayed in that area recently, to say if it has finished yet.

In that area there are a number of restaurants selling Chinese and Indian food,(its not very good) Frankly if I go away on holiday I prefer to eat the local cuisine, you will find numerous places selling Tajine, Couscous and local fish away from the more touristy areas.

Injections are not required for Morocco, The weather will be warm but you will need a jacket in the evening. Many hotels in Agadir have heating for the winter.

As for shopping, It all depends what you are after. There are many leather shops that will make you a jacket virtually overnight, or you can buy off the peg. You will also find some nice European fashion shops.

Your hotel will have a list of day trips, but you can make most of these journeys by yourself, You will get lots of tips here on VT and it will save you some money. It will be an adventure you wont forget, rather than being herded on to buses with lots of others.
    I recommend you visit Essaouira, and stay at least one night.

If you are coming from the UK the £ is very weak at the moment, if you can bring Euros you will enjoy a better exchange rate.

I hope you enjoy your holiday to Morocco

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ricky52's Profile Photo

by ricky52 Online Now Dec 11, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local on the day variations.
    This information should be used as a guide only.
    Here is the average weather for Agadir for this time of year.
    Enjoy your holiday.

January.
    High 69f / 20c
    Low 46f / 8c
    Rain 1.79in / 45.5mm
    Sun % 32

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

by angiebabe Online Now Dec 12, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Hi and welcome to VT, I see you are newly joined - there is a lot information that you should find very useful/helpful from previous posts written here in the Morocco forum as it is a very busy and active forum - but also many of us VTers have created Travel Pages that are incorporated in the Travel Guide sections - so I highly recommend that you start having a roam around pages that have tips and photos of places seen and visited and therefore experiences and recommmendations passed on for assistance in such as yours.

I have a few tips and recommendations for day trips around the area of which from Agadir there are quite a number of options. Agadir does make a pretty good base so I do recommend getting a car and heading off out of town!

I also recommend Guide books such as the Lonely Planet and the DK Eyewitness guide (I usually recommend the Rough Guide but didnt think much of the information and coverage of areas I know well around Marrakech and out through to the desert at Merzouga and so on).

As Windcity has written no injections are required but for myself as a frequent traveller, combined with being in a profession where innoculations against Hep B are required, I dont think I would feel particularly safe travelling without Hep B and the Hep A coverage that I do have which was required from my first ventures off into China - from then Ive made sure my Hep A coverage is up to date as I do feel that it is necessary for many countries including Morocco.
    Making sure Tetanus is up to date is also absolutely important.

All the best and enjoy the pleasure that you can get from spending time virtually travelling amongst our travels put together here on VT!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines