Agadir Travel Answers

change location

holiday resort or building site?

by bdavitt Online Now Mar 30, 2008 at 7:54 AM

I have read recently where there appears to be quite a good deal of construction and excavation works going on the beach in Agadir. I am heading for Agadir in June, staying at Riu Tikida Dunas - I was wondering if this hotel is in the full view of this construction work? Is this work extensive and does anybody know if it is long term? I am looking forward to going to Morocco for the first time and I would welcome any comments about this area of Agadir. With this work going on, is the beach inaccessible or does it interfere with the beach access? Is this hotel as good as the reviews that have been submited? Are mosquitos a problem here? I always seem to attract these unwanted visitors!! Does any member have any suggestion on avoiding these attacks from these mosquitos? An intake of garlic tablets prior to departure was suggested to me - useful suggestion or not?
I'd welcome comments or suggestions.
Bdavitt

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cabeyp's Profile Photo

Re: holiday resort or building site?

by cabeyp Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 2:33 AM

Mosquitos are generally not a problem by the coast in Morocco. Don't worry but still as a tip: The only thing that truly works is Yeast tablets.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sachara's Profile Photo

Re: holiday resort or building site?

by sachara Online Now Apr 5, 2008 at 1:30 PM

My brother and his family visited Riu Tikida Dunas last month, they liked the place and didn't have problems with the construction works in this south area of the beach. In august and january when I visited Agadir the reconstruction was only in the northern and central part of the tourist area. I didn't see any mosquito in Agadir during my visits, either in summer or winter.

• Re: holiday resort or building site?

by donna28 Online Now May 29, 2008 at 3:01 AM

I am going there on 4th June and have just had a call from Thomas Cook to say that because of the construction works being right outside this hotel at the time we are entitled to a refund or change of hotel. I suggest you contact your travel agent to check your options.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines