Afton

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• cheap car rental for 2 months

Wyoming Jan 3, 2015 at 11:41 AM

can anyone suggest where to start a search for this a rental for this length of time?

more
    • Transportation inside Yellowstone National Park

Yellowstone National Park Jan 5, 2015 at 8:35 AM

If I take my RV/camper to Yellowstone, how do I get around inside Yellowstone? Does the Lake Hotel pick up at the different campsites for its day tours?

more
    • Hiking / Outdoor Activities in the Tetons

Grand Teton National Park Jan 15, 2015 at 10:02 AM

We will be passing through the Grand Tetons on an extended west trip, and was looking for some recommendations on some outdoor things to do for two days. We would be up for a couple of short hikes. Does anyone have any other recommendations on enjoying the outdoors while in the area?

Thanks in advance!

more
    • What to see at Yellowstone and Grand Teton N.P.?

Yellowstone National Park Jan 20, 2015 at 10:20 AM

My wife and I and our six year old granddaughter will be visiting both Yellowstone and Grand Teton N.P. the end of July. I want to thank all of the folks who sent me tips on packing for this trip.
      My next question deals with what to see and how to do it. We know virtually nothing about the parks other than they are gorgeous. Our trip will be seven (7) days; however, two of those will be travel days to and from San Diego. Essentially, we will have five (5) full days. We were wondering how best to divide these five days. Are there guided tours? We would prefer these as we don't want to wander around wasting a lot of time especially since we do not know where we are going. If there are Guided Tours, what approximately will the fees be? Our plan is to hopefully take a guided tour in each of the parks for a full day each, or perhaps three of the five days. We would then have two extra days to revisit some of the areas. Does this sound like a good plan? We would welcome any or all suggestions as to which Guided Tours to take and what places we should not miss and how to access them. We will have a rental car; however, I would prefer not to use it unless it was for revisit purposes. Thanks.

more
    • March Clothing

Casper Jan 14, 2015 at 4:11 AM

Going to Casper WY,
      This March 4 to 14.
      1) What is the basic clothing needed for that time of yr? Esp Jacket...
      Will be inCasper. Not outdoorsman adventure.
      Clothes for general walking dining going outside point a to b.
      2) Staying @Ramada
      Most establishments booked up....is something g going on there?
      3) Any advice on what yo see, do,shop and eat?
      Thanks persan

more
    • Looking to plan a short weekend visiting Yellowstone... is it possible?

Yellowstone National Park Jan 26, 2015 at 5:48 PM

We are looking to visit Yellowstone but only have limited availability such as a 4day/3 night stay during early March or early April..... would this be possible or not enough time to see/ do enough? If possible are there any suggestions on inexpensive/ centrally located hotels you would recommend? All input is appreciated, Thank you!

more
    • What to pack?

Yellowstone National Park Jan 19, 2015 at 12:17 PM

My wife, granddaughter, and I will be visiting Yellow Stone NP and Grand Teton NP the end of July and the beginning of August. We were wondering about what to pack and whether we need to bring bug repellent.

more
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

Three days itenary and some logistic questions

Yellowstone National Park Jan 19, 2015 at 10:22 PM

We'll be coming to Yellowstone for three days in end of May, and already booked one night in Great Teton and two - in Western Yellowstone.
      Usually we rent a small car - for two it's enough, and easier to park (we'll be coming from SF through LA and then some national parks like Great Canyon, Bryce, Antelope. So will the small car (not 4x4) be enough?
      Can you also give me some tips about the itenary.
      I'm thinking about one day near lake and east part, then one day - Old Faithful and around. What else?

more