Aflao Travel Answers

change location

Crossing Aflao/togo boarder

by Taff88 Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 4:56 AM

Hi, i will be crossing the boarder from aflao to togo next week. Just wandered if anyone can answer my questions please! Firstly I will be getting a visa on arrival for togo, is it possible to pay in Ghana cedis or does it have to be CFA? And how much does it cost? Will only need a 1 week visa. Thanks, Tasha

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Re: Crossing Aflao/togo boarder

by pfsmalo Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Hi,

I did this 4 years ago now so the price has certainly changed. I'm pretty sure they will NOT accept cedis, although you should find an exchange booth there or at least a money changer. But if you are in Benin, you have cfa, No.....?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Crossing Aflao/togo boarder

by Taff88 Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Thanks for your reply. Am not in Benin am in Ghana. I cant seem to find an exact price of the visa, it seems they charge differnt prices depending on the person you meet at the boarder! makes it very difficult to know how much money to change into CFA!

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Re: Crossing Aflao/togo boarder

by pfsmalo Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Sorry, but by your post I thought you going the other way, as the Togo side is called Aflao as well.

• Re: Crossing Aflao/togo boarder

by jesperff Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 3:46 AM

I also believe that visas can only be paid in CFA. But don't change at the border; chances are that rates are horrible. It is easy to get CFA at official rates in Accra.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Aflao