Afghanistan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transsexuals in Afghanistan?

Afghanistan Mar 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I am transgender at the moment, going to male to female soon. I was wondering if I go there and get F on my birth certificate, can I then wear the burqa? Can men in Afghanistan wear a burqa? I heard only "bad"(Taliban or dangerous) men wear a burqa. Is this true? Thank you!

more

Popular Afghanistan Travel Answer Locations

• Transsexuals in Afghanistan?

Afghanistan Mar 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I am transgender at the moment, going to male to female soon. I was wondering if I go there and get F on my birth certificate, can I then wear the burqa? Can men in Afghanistan wear a burqa? I heard only "bad"(Taliban or dangerous) men wear a burqa. Is this true? Thank you!

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 1:06 PM
    • Batteries in Kabul?

Kabul Sep 12, 2013 at 5:09 AM

Can you get AA batteries and what is the average price and are they decent? Not sure if I should bring with me or purchase there! Thx, AFG-Traveler

1 Answer Sep 12, 2013 at 5:32 AM
    • Peter321's Profile Photo

Mazar-Dushanbe

Mazar-e Sharif Jun 10, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Hi,

I have some question some one may answer them:
      How to get Tajikistan Visa on Mazar?
      How long is from Mazar-Dushanbe by car and how much does it cost?
      Can I get Tajik Visa on boarder (I have swedish Passport)?

1 Answer Jun 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    • Kanjoo's Profile Photo

Travel Companion

Afghanistan Mar 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Hi
      I am planning to go to Kabul from Peshawar on 3rd of April via Torkhum on public transport. I wonder if anyone else is doing the same on that date or a days around (I maybe flexible for a day up or down) we can pool a club. I am traveling alone.
      And most probably staying a night in Kabul, I plan to go to Mazar so if someone else interested in joining me for that particular route or only Peshawar-Kabul one, please text me (+923078893859) my BBM pin is 23AA6F5C
      or email me seraiki@gmail.com
      Looking forward to hear.
      Ahmed

3 Answers Dec 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM
    • Tax Refund at Kabul Airport

Kabul Aug 10, 2011 at 5:14 AM

Is there any tax refund at kabul airport for tourist?

2 Answers May 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    • Cinema cost in Kabul

Kabul Aug 10, 2011 at 5:13 AM

How much is the cost to see a movie in kabul?

2 Answers Oct 27, 2011 at 4:48 AM
    • working in afghanistan

Afghanistan Jul 16, 2011 at 4:41 AM

I was thinking about working in a postal facility in Afghanistan and wanted to know the actual dangers that one may encounter in the country

2 Answers Jul 17, 2011 at 8:56 PM
    • lizva's Profile Photo

Aircraft and vehicle charter options

Bamiyan Aug 12, 2010 at 6:50 AM

Hi all,

I'm weighing my options for getting to Bamiyan from Kabul. Any one have any tips/suggestions about vehicle/aircraft options for the journey?

3 Answers Aug 22, 2010 at 2:43 AM
    • Traveller-65's Profile Photo

Anybody been to Afghanistan lately

Afghanistan Jul 27, 2010 at 2:34 AM

Hi,

Has anybody of you been to Afghanistan lately ?? I would like to go next year from Pakistan via Qandahar, Kabul, Jalalabad back to Pakistan.
      If you have info about this route (overland) please let me know your experiences.

Thx
      Martin

5 Answers Jul 11, 2011 at 1:42 AM
    • Western Female Traveler

Bamiyan Jan 10, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Do you know if it is safe for a single Western female traveler to take the minibus from Kabul to Bamiyan? Would one have to fear kidnapping or harassment?

6 Answers Aug 7, 2010 at 11:32 PM
    • fabiendass's Profile Photo

Where can I stay for cheap in kabul?

Kabul Jun 29, 2008 at 10:07 AM

Hi, I would like to visit afghanistan and stay in Kabul. However, I can't find any cheap accommodations. Can anyone help me to be able to find a cheap place to stay while i am in kabul. Thanks, I appreciate it.

2 Answers Aug 7, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    • Travel Time

Baghdad Jun 25, 2008 at 8:29 AM

What is the apx. travel time from United States (East Coast) to Bhagdad? Are there stops enroute and which is the best airline for such a flight? Thank you for offering this service.

1 Answer Jan 15, 2010 at 3:42 AM
    • ralphlo's Profile Photo

guest house recommendations in Kabul?

Kabul Apr 19, 2008 at 3:26 PM

I'm a Yank searching for guesthouses in Kabul, where I hope to
      visit and work.

Was wondering if anyone could recommend any medium term lodging, like a guest house, as I have an offer to work at a humanitarian agency as intern in Kabul if I can make my own arrangements. I know a couple of guesthouses which run about50 USD a day, but I am looking for quite a bit cheaper, weekly or monthly arrangement, as I will be making a 3-6 month commitment. Thank you for any tips you may be able to
      throw my way.

4 Answers Aug 7, 2010 at 11:56 PM
    • rupturedduck's Profile Photo

Anyone going to Afganistan next year???

Afghanistan Dec 5, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Seems to me not many folks are looking at this site and location. If anyone is going to Afganistan next year and want to exchange thoughts and research, please send me an email. I will be going there in a few months and am exploring the options. IE: security, locations, transportation, cost, entry and exit methods.
      Thanks
      Duck

21 Answers Dec 24, 2011 at 2:57 AM
    • marcelagain's Profile Photo

Flights into Kandahar???

Kandahar Nov 16, 2007 at 9:30 AM

Hi there.

Can anyone tell me if there are any civilian flights into Kandahar?
      I m looking for flights preferrably from Dubai, and if possible, booking possibilities via the internet.
      If not from Dubai, can anybody tell me if there are other cities that are connected by (civilian) airline(s) to Kandahar, except maybe Kabul??

Thanks for replies

Marcel

3 Answers Jan 18, 2008 at 12:57 AM
    • Anastasia73's Profile Photo

Winter in Kabul

Kabul Nov 8, 2007 at 12:28 PM

I will be based in Kabul from mid Nov 07 till May 08. This is going to be the second time in Kabul but first time to experience winter season.

I wonder if I can find any thermal jacket in the city (probably around shar-e-now or DACAAR shop) or any woman's muslim clothes for winter. Any information will be great!

1 Answer Dec 12, 2007 at 5:21 AM
    • SumTingWong's Profile Photo

northern afghanistan safety and security

Afghanistan Aug 28, 2007 at 8:46 PM

Anyone been to Northern Afghanistan recently? Seriously consdiering a trip from the Tajik border to Kunduz, Mazar-e-Sharif and Kabul only. Anyone been there? any advice? Any good contacts there, definitely want a guide and maybe a guard. Thanks

19 Answers Jan 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    • is dakak worth it?

Dakak May 23, 2007 at 11:03 AM

is it safe from terrorists?
      are the bungalows clean and pest free?

thanks

• rahul.k.agar's Profile Photo

Travel companion

Afghanistan Mar 23, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Hey guys,

I'll be travelling Central Asia in June - July this year (2007), so I was wondering if anyone will be out there around that time and maybe would like to travel together. Here's a brief itinerary:

Start off in Pakistan - up the Karakoram Highway crossing into Kashgar (China) - then into Kyrgyztan - down through the Pamir Mountains and the Hindu Kush crossing into Tajikistan and finally ending up at Dushanbe. Following that, I have no plans as yet but I hope to cross into Afghanistan into Kabul if security conditions permit, otherwise head east or maybe head back to Pakistan.

Hope to hear from all you thrill seekers !!!

Rahul

1 Answer Aug 12, 2010 at 12:29 AM
    • dreamX's Profile Photo

What's the current situation in Afghanistan?

Afghanistan Feb 8, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Right now Afghanistan is in the news again and they say, a big attack on the Taliban fighters in the South of the country is prepared. I wonder what the situation actually is at the moment for persons like us - travelers.
      Are all parts of the country no-go areas or are there still some safe places? And are travelers welcome at all or is there an attitude against foreigners?

So did anybody lately go there and can tell a bit? I'm sure many people would appreciate comments on this topic.

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Russian Hiker missed in Wahkan corridor ! Do you know anything that could help ?

Afghanistan Nov 16, 2006 at 11:52 PM

Hello all,
      In “my” German Trekkingforum, I have read that a Russian trekker, Sergej, is missing while hiking in the south of Tajikistan / Pamirs.

Please find below the English description, which already has been posted in some hiking forums. Although I am aware that VT is not necessarily a hiking community, I don’t want to miss any possibility.

If anyone knows anything, please don’t post here, but in the German Trekkingforum, which has the English settings as well. It is here, where a friend of Sergej is reading and posting as well. You can answer there also without registration (we have checked this).
      This is the post:
      trekkingforum.com/forum/show...

Here is the flyer with description also in Farsi:
      shiacenter.ru/fls/missing.pn...

Here is a map, made with GoogleEarth, where his friend has drawn Sergej’s rough route:
      bpclub.ru/index.php?act=Atta...

Thanks already in advance.
      Ingrid

PS:
      I will post the description as answer to this post.

5 Answers Nov 17, 2006 at 11:43 AM
    • Safety

Afghanistan Nov 10, 2006 at 5:52 PM

Is it currently relatively safe for a white American citizen to visit Kabul/Bamiyan? Do most people have problems wiith americans?

4 Answers Apr 22, 2007 at 3:27 AM
    • Clothing requirements for women

Kabul Oct 11, 2006 at 1:22 PM

I will be in AFghanistan during November - the temperature and also are Western women required to wear only long skirts or are pant suits acceptable? Are scarfs worn at all times?

1 Answer Dec 20, 2006 at 7:20 AM
    • mikarov99's Profile Photo

Herat from Iran and Back to Iran

Herat Sep 22, 2006 at 10:41 PM

There is a Iranian consulate in Herat????, Herat is today safe, maybe i will consider go to Herat from Iran and return back. If is possible...

1 Answer Dec 13, 2006 at 11:38 AM
    • Safe passage from Pakistan to Tajikstan or Uzbekistan

Afghanistan Jul 22, 2006 at 10:09 AM

Hi all. 23 white male and will be travelling back from India to the UK on a motorbike in roughly a year. Just wandering how safe it would be to pass through Afghanistan? Any ideas?

Thought about going via the Khyber Pass. I know the situation changes all the time so shall try and get some good information closer to the time. Just wandering if anyone who is clued up on Afghanistan can provide any usefull ideas....

Peace + love
      Hutch

2 Answers Jul 22, 2006 at 5:45 PM
    • Expats working in Afghanistan

Kabul Jun 1, 2006 at 7:22 PM

An opportunity to advance my career has opened to me in Afghanistan. Are there any expats working in Afghanistan that can comment on safety and diserability of working in the major cities in Afghanistan?

2 Answers Apr 2, 2007 at 3:46 PM
    • T-H's Profile Photo

university

Velayat-e Bamiyan Apr 22, 2006 at 2:43 AM

Hello

In autumn is the opening of the University in Bamiyan, Afghanistan.
      are there any people who inscribed there for a study?

I'm supposed, maybe to give courses in geomatik (landscape mapping) in Bamiyan in autumn. It's a supported project from the ETH (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology).

Just wanted to know, how it is going there..

greez

Marc

1 Answer Apr 29, 2006 at 7:36 AM
    • mat_sudin's Profile Photo

Mazar-e-sharif grapes and pistachios

Mazar-e Sharif Apr 16, 2006 at 11:04 PM

I'm planning to visit mazar-e-sharif sometime in June. will stay for about 2 weeks and hope to visit grape (and other fruits) and nuts orchards/industry. any guide on distant to farm site, transportation , travel guide are most appreciated.

thanks and salam

• cambiamento's Profile Photo

Flights

Kabul Apr 11, 2006 at 7:15 AM

What is the cheapest way and how long will it take, to get to Nepal by air?

2 Answers Jun 8, 2006 at 6:28 AM
    • lalita2000's Profile Photo

I have just being offered a job in a military base in Kabul.

Kabul Dec 8, 2005 at 9:55 PM

I just don't know what the situation is in Kabul right now and how safe it would be live inside the base for several months.

7 Answers Mar 4, 2009 at 9:40 AM