Adelaide Travel Answers

change location

kangaroo islands

by chihang Online Now Apr 23, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I would like to go to kangaroo Islands with wife. Could anyone recommend any reliable tour group at reasonable cost?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • margsch's Profile Photo

Re: kangaroo islands

by margsch Online Now Apr 23, 2012 at 9:45 AM

My cousins from Germany are heading over on a 2 day tour today, I will ask them which company when I see them on thursday. They leave on a bus to the ferry and have 2 whole days there, return wednesday night. There seem to be quite a lot of companies doing these trips, I,ll get the lowdown and let you know if they were happy with their trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: kangaroo islands

by chihang Online Now Apr 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM

marqsch, thanks.

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo

by ettiewyn Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I went to Kangaroo Island in 2009 with Groovy Grapes. I did the three day tour and it was very good. It is more of a backpacker tour, so there will probably many young people, but there were also a few people who were a bit older and it was no problem. I think it is a reliable company and both guides I met were very good. I loved the itinerary and the places we saw!

I recommend the three day tour very much, you see some more places off the beaten path on that one. Beware though that it is not a luxurious tour: The first night you sleep in a very rustic cottage, the second night in a youth hostel. Both places were very beautiful though, directly in the bush, with wallabies hopping around the house :-)

Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions!

http://www.groovygrape.com.au/

• margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

My cousins are on this tour - website is called Adelaide sightseeing, click on Kangaroo island Coast to coast. This tour offers a choice of accommodation and most meals are included. (The other 2 day tour stays in dormitories).

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines