change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travgran's Profile Photo

bus to Harar

by travgran Online Now Nov 8, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Does anyone know which bus company does the run between Addis and Harar.
      Where the bus station for this company os located and what the cost will be?

2 Answers Jan 10, 2009 at 8:33 AM
    • hotel

by qwertyazerty Online Now Oct 1, 2008 at 3:20 AM

can someone please advise me on a hotel in addis ababa. i am european.

on the internet i find only 2 hotels:

hilton (i have impression it is not good)

sheraton (expensive)

4 Answers Nov 10, 2008 at 2:56 PM
    • One night Stopover in Addis

by DaveKenny Online Now Feb 2, 2008 at 6:19 AM

Hi
      The last night of a five week trip (May-June) to Malawi and Tanzania will be a stopover in Addis courtesy of Ethiopian Airlines. Rachel and I are due in at 8:15pm and will depart next day at midday for London. EA say they will put us up in a hotel and I'm wondering if anyone knows the hotel/s they use, and anything about them, where they may be etc. Its obviously a short time in a big (new) place but any thoughts on what it's possible to do, see, eat (vegetarian) would be very welcome.
      Thanks Dave

7 Answers May 14, 2008 at 2:12 PM
    • I'm looking at renting an apartment in Addis abeba

by 2022 Online Now Dec 18, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Hi every one ,

I'm looking at renting an apartment in Addis abeba .
      Can someone advise me of the approximate cost for such an idea for one week

I will be stay one week I want be alitel bit cheap price

Thank you

4 Answers Jan 17, 2008 at 12:09 AM
    • I need a house to rent in addis ababa

by 2022 Online Now Dec 1, 2007 at 7:47 AM

I'm looking for A house to rent in addis ababa

For more than one week

1 Answer Dec 3, 2007 at 5:56 AM
    • I need guest house in addis

by 2022 Online Now Nov 28, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Can any one help me i want a guest house alitel bit cheap in addis abeba

With beast regardes

Tina

2 Answers Nov 30, 2007 at 11:02 AM
    • looking for a millenium hotel

by moinnes Online Now Sep 3, 2007 at 2:01 PM

i know i'm a fool that has left the booking of a hotel far far too late - would anyone know of a hotel for the dates 10/09/07 to 15/09/07 or of alternative accommodation ..... i'm pretty easy with where i stay but as long as it is girl friendly ..... regards m innes

2 Answers Oct 12, 2007 at 7:00 AM
    • Ramonq's Profile Photo

Millenium Celebrations

by Ramonq Online Now Aug 30, 2007 at 7:40 AM

I am thinking of going to Ethiopia sometime this September. I heard that there is a Bi-millenium celebration there soon. Will I have difficult time finding a hotel? What´s the atmosphere there like? Is it a big celebration?

3 Answers Oct 12, 2007 at 5:50 AM
    • Help needed !

by neilcarrey Online Now Jul 9, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Could anyone help to find out as to what are possible train connections or bus service available for travelling to Cairo from Addis as we are a group of three people nd are interested to visit by land.
      thanks

2 Answers Oct 12, 2007 at 7:04 AM
    • Addis Guest Houses

by tapotap Online Now Mar 9, 2007 at 8:23 AM

I will be in Addis in a couple of weeks. Has anyone stayed at the Weygoss Guest House? I was not able to find a review on them on the internet. Also, I could not find a web site for them, so if they do have a site and you know it, please let me know.

Thanks

1 Answer Oct 8, 2007 at 6:14 AM
    • Weygoss Guest House

by Kidansgramma Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Has anyone ever stayed at the Weygoss in Addis Ababa? Their website just went a couple of days ago and I need their phone number. Can anyone help me please?

1 Answer Feb 7, 2007 at 7:31 AM
    • Plug Adapter

by knoxseagle Online Now Dec 16, 2006 at 3:09 AM

Can someone please tell me what the wall outlets in Ethiopia are? Is it the standard European or the three pin Italian? Many thanks.

1 Answer Dec 16, 2006 at 7:23 AM
    • lesterj's Profile Photo

City Visit/Tour Options

by lesterj Online Now Dec 12, 2006 at 12:06 PM

Hello...my family and I are going to Addis Ababa this Christmas to pick up our son we adopted from an orphanage in Ethiopia. We will arrive 12/26 and return 1/3/07. Unfortunately, we won't be there long but want to soak up as much as the city and its neigboring areas as much as possible. We welcome suggestions/recommendations for activities.

About us? We're really cultural folks who like to dig into experiences. We're not the trendy tourist type. We live in the US but are orginally Canadian; if that helps :) Anyhow, we welcome your thoughts, especially those who live in Addis and would like to meet like-mind families (we have two kids 8 and 11; picking up a 1 year old).

Thank you all.

Lester & Family

3 Answers Mar 15, 2007 at 5:54 AM
    • tafurojo's Profile Photo

Merkato Open on Ethiopian Christmas?

by tafurojo Online Now Dec 11, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Merkato is open on Coptic/Orthodox Christmas on January 6th/7th? Also, the national museum?

Thank you in advance
      Joey

6 Answers Dec 14, 2006 at 6:07 AM
    • Addis in transit

by twosixbw Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 3:16 PM

Hi

I'm looking to fly with Ethiopian Airlines in December on route to Johannesburg and was just wondering if anyone could recommend the airline? How reliable are they in time keeping and baggage handling?

What is the situation like at the moment in Ethiopia politically as I don't want to book only to have the flight cancelled due to a renewal of the hostilities with Eritrea or is that a thing of the past?

I would only be staying a few hours at most in Addis but I'm just concerned at some of the things I have read yet at the same time I would really like to fly via Ethiopia. Is security an issue? I read that there were explosions in Addis in March/May this year is that correct and would that have any affect on flights.

Thanks for your help

Phil

3 Answers Dec 5, 2006 at 9:37 PM
    • mesfin_mengistu's Profile Photo

Surma people,

by mesfin_mengistu Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 7:23 AM

Me and my friends wanted to go to Ethiopia to visit Surma people to the higher Omo valley hirring 4 wheel drive. anybody knows how many days maximum it takes and wel managed itinirary it I can get from tour company. a deal and so forth.

tx

2 Answers Nov 28, 2006 at 10:40 PM
    • Traveling to Addis Ababa in March...

by bspalek Online Now Jul 8, 2006 at 4:47 PM

Hello! I am planning on coming to Addiss Ababa next march for about 4-6 weeks. I am going to be volunteering in a christian orphange in ethiopia, during this time and plan to stay their in the orphange if possible. I am going to be doing so on a very small budget as my plane ticket is going to use up nearly all of my savings. If anyone has any tips on things to see and do there in my spare time that would be awesome!

2 Answers Nov 22, 2006 at 8:53 AM
    • Traveling to Addis Ababa in March...

by bspalek Online Now Jul 8, 2006 at 4:21 PM

Hello! I am planning on coming to Addiss Ababa next march for about 4-6 weeks. I am going to be volunteering in a christian orphange in ethiopia, during this time and plan to stay their in the orphange if possible. I am going to be doing so on a very small budget as my plane ticket is going to use up nearly all of my savings. If anyone has any tips on things to see and do there in my spare time that would be awesome!

1 Answer Jan 19, 2007 at 9:38 AM
    • brasilieiro's Profile Photo

Links to Hotels in Addis - are this links apropiate ?

by brasilieiro Online Now May 23, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Hi
      after searching and searching the internet, I have found 3 links regarding Hotels + ratings/Prizes in Addis - are one of them apropiate ?

http://www.uneca.org/ADF2000/hotels.htm

ethioworld.com/Travel&Touris...

ilo.org/public/english/regio...

any comments ?

3 Answers Oct 20, 2006 at 5:36 AM

Links to Hotels in Addis - are this links apropiate ?

by brasilieiro Online Now May 23, 2006 at 8:38 AM

Hi
      after searching and searching the internet, I have found 2 links regarding Hotels + ratings/Prizes in Addis - are one of them apropiate ?

http://www.uneca.org/ADF2000/hotels.htm

ethioworld.com/Travel&Touris...

ilo.org/public/english/regio...

anybody to show me around in Addis Adeba - local spots, nightlife -and so on ?

by brasilieiro Online Now May 17, 2006 at 7:53 AM

Hi community - is there a cool person, who can show me around in Addis for 1 or 2 days + nights ?

4 Answers Sep 29, 2006 at 7:08 AM

I will be soon in Addis Adeba - are there some good Tips for me ?

by brasilieiro Online Now May 15, 2006 at 10:43 PM

Hello Community - I will stop-over in Addis for a week - and i would be glad, if somebody could give me any important information!
      Hotels, Transportation, Night Life, No-Go, No-Do and so on !

5 Answers May 17, 2006 at 7:46 AM
    • Currency Exchange & USD

by TravelTimes Online Now Jan 24, 2006 at 12:52 PM

I'm very excited that next week I'll be in Addis Ababa! However, I realized my flight doesn't get in until 10pm and I don't have any local currency to pay the Taxi!

-Is there a 24 hour place in the airport to exhange money?
      -Do taxi's take US Dollars as a form of payment or does everything need to be done with the local currency?

THANKS!!!!

2 Answers Jan 30, 2006 at 4:24 PM
    • Day Tours?

by TravelTimes Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 2:04 PM

Any personal recommendations on a day tour in Addis Ababa? I am going to be there for a day and a half in February and would like to see the major sites of the city, including the market. Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 24, 2006 at 12:47 PM
    • Airport Hotel?

by TravelTimes Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 2:01 PM

Is there a hotel at the airport? I get in about 11pm and I'm flying off to Nairobi the next day at 10am. I just need a safe place to sleep for that time. If I don't have to leave the airport that would be ideal. If not a hotel at the airport, where is the closest? Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 29, 2006 at 7:14 AM
    • Tel. Number

by jnalexis Online Now Oct 3, 2005 at 5:43 AM

Hello ! I'm trying from Germany to call the Wanza hotel in Addis but the Telefon number from Virtual Tourist or LPlanet likes wrong ... new dial number now ? If somebody from Addis is here , I would like the number from Wanza hotel ! I thank you in advance very much ! bye ..I 'm leaving this wenesday!

2 Answers Nov 5, 2005 at 2:47 AM
    • FloridiRon's Profile Photo

Short trip to Lalibela from Addis

by FloridiRon Online Now Feb 3, 2005 at 6:53 PM

Since I will be in Addis for a week with some friends, am also interested in getting up to Lalibela for a couple of days. Can one do that trip in 2 days (overnight + 2 days)? What's the best way to get around in Lalibela -- are there organized tours, or is it best to get a guide with a car? Thanks much! ~Ron~

1 Answer Sep 10, 2005 at 9:21 AM
    • FloridiRon's Profile Photo

Health precautions in Addis

by FloridiRon Online Now Jan 30, 2005 at 6:51 PM

I'm going to be visiting Addis for a week in March or April. Just wondering (especially from someone medical) what health issues I should get vaccinated for. I have had yellow fever, Hep B, and tetanus shots. Also, I would guess (but please verify) that malaria is not much of a risk at that altitude? Thanks! ~Ron~

4 Answers Feb 15, 2005 at 2:03 AM
    • Supermarkets in Addis

by lauraadriana Online Now Dec 13, 2004 at 1:52 PM

Does anyone know how it is to get groceries in Addis Ababa? Are there any well stocked supermarkets?? If there are what are the names. If anyone can hel me out with this it would be great. Thanks

2 Answers Jan 27, 2005 at 11:23 AM
    • Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

Ethiopian Visa on arrival

by Pakistaniguy Online Now Dec 11, 2004 at 10:28 AM

Has anyone faced problems in getting Ethiopian visa on arrival at Addis Ababa airport ? Is the Immigration strict ? How much is the visa fees for single and double entry visas ?

4 Answers Sep 12, 2005 at 4:58 AM