Addis Ababa Travel Answers

change location

daytours in adis on 2nd or 3rd of may

by westybeast Online Now Apr 10, 2011 at 3:08 PM

hello.

i am in adis for 2 days on the above date.

which attractions would you recommend to see and should i get a taxi , walk around the centre or get a day tour from which company ?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: daytours in adis on 2nd or 3rd of may

by mikava Online Now Apr 11, 2011 at 6:14 AM

Hello there,

I would recommend museums, since honestly, there isn't anything to see other than that, but, it will enable you to learn more about Ethiopia in general.

These would be:

- The national museum
    - The ethnological museum
    - The red terror museum (free)
    - The old palace of Emperor Menelik on the hills of Entoto ( Great view of addis and fresh air, almost 3000m above see level)
    - The trinity Church
    - St. George church

These would be the main ones. You can walk around in Addis to these places, besides to the hills of Entoto, but you must know that it could be tiring.

Renting a Mini bus would be easy for you. If ever you want to get something professional, the last and probably the best thing to do is hire a car through a tour company with a knowledgeable guide. I'm sure there are lots of them with good rates. I could recommend some if you would like.

Enjoy your stay in Addis.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: daytours in adis on 2nd or 3rd of may

by westybeast Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 4:58 AM

thanks very much.

is it fairly safe to walk around if you are careful.

or is the problem less about crime and more about getting lost and not understanding the street names due to the lack of signage and languge ?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines