Addis Ababa Travel Answers

change location
travgran's Profile Photo

bus to Harar

by travgran Online Now Nov 8, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Does anyone know which bus company does the run between Addis and Harar.
Where the bus station for this company os located and what the cost will be?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mickybleck's Profile Photo

Re: bus to Harar

by mickybleck Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 8:07 AM

I was told by another tourist that there are overnight minibuses to Harar that leave at Piazza. No idea about the prices but will definately be affordable. Just do not expect comfort.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bada-bing's Profile Photo

Re: bus to Harar

by bada-bing Online Now Jan 10, 2009 at 8:33 AM

from my experiences of ethiopia there are not 'bus companies' as such... the bus station is not like a regular station where you can go and buy your tickets. It is a free-for-all.. basically it is quite easy to find a bus (we travelled mainly in mini buses as they are quicker- supposedly) as the minute you enter the grounds of the bus station you will be mobbed by men trying to get you to take their bus to your destination. Im sorry i cannot be more helpful but you will understand what i mean when you get there. The only advice i could say to you is dont accept the first price given and also be wary of hoaxes.. if you are opting to take the public bus people will try telling you that it isnt going where you want to go, just so you will pay them more to take you there privatly... the drivers of the buses often have no english and may not understand the destination if your prounciation is off.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines