Ad Dammam Travel Answers

change location

What to do on spare time for overseas contract workers

by Elmamasaoy Online Now Jan 23, 2006 at 12:40 AM

I am planning to work in Dammam this year. I just want to know what things can be done by overseas workers like me during our rest days. I heard that Dammam is a traditional city which means there's almost nothing to do to enjoy rest days like cinema, etc. Is ther anything exciting therein?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • aadil's Profile Photo

RE: What to do on spare time for overseas contract workers

by aadil Online Now Jan 23, 2006 at 5:37 AM

Well, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia there is no such thing as entertainment for the lay public except if you are an European or American expat who lives inside a compound that has all the banned goodies that most other people do not even get to see!!! If you are in Dammam you can visit the Corniche at Al Khobar or go to some of the other beach like places all over the waterfront. That is all you can do for sight seeing and go for the desert rides if possible. Lots of shopping malls all over the place so one thing you can do is window shopping if you are interested in checking out new stuff all the time. Infact not much else you can do here except eat, sleep and work in KSA, after all that's how you can save money out here in the short time you are working here!!! But if you are living in the Saudi Aramco compound you will be in a different world altogether!!! Just ask anyone who has been there and they will tell you a story about a different KSA!!!

Cheers,
    Aadil.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines