Aceh Special Region

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Contact details for Hotel Jati Asih?

Soe Dec 18, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Hello, I visited Soe 3 weeks ago (November 2014), and stayed at hotel Jati Asih. Pretty nice and cheap place, which was recommended on the Lonely Planet. The problem is that I forgot a camera in my room when I checked out. I've been desperately trying to get in touch with the hotel, but the number I have seems to be wrong, because I can't get through. The number I have is 038822407

Can somebody please help?? I'm really sad to lose not just the camera but all my photos on the memory card... :-(

more
    • Bangka or belitung

Pulau Bangka Nov 30, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Hi.....i am a expat living in Jakarta and planning a three day trip to Bangka belitung in December.

I just have a quick question --- i should plan to spend more time in Bangka or in Belitung? this will help me decide where should I book my flights to and hotel?

Thanks in advance, Piyush

more
    • bandung bandung!!!

Bandung Dec 13, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Where to stay?
      Point of interest?
      Where to hire driver to go taman safari in bogor?worth going and how long does it take from bandung?
      Shopping and cafe to recommend?

more
    • need help on solo

Solo Dec 2, 2014 at 9:47 PM

need to know on the above mention place to stay near nightlife

more
    • Raja Ampat transport

Raja Ampat Dec 1, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Hi,
      I am going to Raja Ampat In about two weeks. I will arrive in Sorong next December 24, and i will spend 9 days staying in two different homestays. I have a few questions:

I would like to stay in Batanta island; is there a public transport to get there?(I am travelling alone)

Is it better to book the homestays in advance or is it easy to find a place when i get there?

Do you know some good homestays on different island Which are possible to reach without spending a lot of money chartering a boat just for myself? (I would like a place with beach-front snorkeling)

Thank you very much for your information

Bye bye Alessandro

more
    • Where the place for count down 2015 in Bandung?

Bandung 9 hours ago

I will celebrate new year 2015 in Bandung, where is a best place for count down?

more
    • Is it cheap to live in Bali more than 6 months

Bali Dec 14, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Is it cheap to live in Bali more than 6 months i.e. and operate an online business. Is there good internet etc there?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

What are the current office addresses of Xpress Air and Citilink in Jakarta?

Jakarta Nov 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Hi, can I know the Head Office addresses of Xpress Air and Citilink in Jakarta? I just want to be sure they have not moved elsewhere.
      The addresses (from 2010) : Xpress Air, Boutique Office Park, Kemayoran, Jln. Benyamin Sueb Blok A No. A11, Jakarta 10210.
      Citilink, Menara Citicon, Lt. 16, Jl. Letjen S. Parman Kav. 72, Jakarta Barat, DKI, Jakarta 11410.

Kindly advise if there are changes in their addresses.

more
    • Airport layover

Denpasar Dec 19, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Hi there

I have a flight from Dili Timor Leste to Bali on Sriwijaya Air and then i have a connecting flight to Jakarta in the afternoon like less than 2 hrs after landing

I was wondering is it very quick process to let says get off the plane, pay the $35USD for Visa On arrival, get stamped into Indonesia, exit customs then find my way to DOMESTIC DEPARTURES where they probably gave me my Jakarta boarding pass in Dili and all whats left is to pay domestic departure tax and go through security as there is no need to exit Indonesia as this is a Domestic flight

I am flying Sriwijaya Air so does this mean there is a seperate terminal at Bali airport for Domestic flights?

Also how much do i pay for departure tax tax for a domestic flight

I have never traveled to Bali Airport before as next week will be a huge challenge and I cant miss my flight to Jakarta as that means having to by another flight

more
    • Exchanging $100 USD Bills

Bali Dec 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Hello folks,

I'll be arriving in Bali next week from India and i have been told that i cannot exchange USD $100 bills printed prior to 2006.Is this correct ? The USD $100 bills i have received from my forex agent are the newer 2009A series bills,the one with Blue 3D security ribbon ? Is this something i need to worry about ?

Thanks !

more
    • markeveleigh's Profile Photo

Bandung Experts...?

Bandung Dec 14, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I'm about to head off on a magazine assignment to Bandung, Java, and I wondered if anyone could recommend any really exciting (and preferably unexpected) things to see or do...? Anything that is new or particularly iconic for Bandung (ie not something you can easily see elsewhere) would be perfect.
      Terima Kasih
      Mark

more
    • conection time in Jakarta to domestic flight

Indonesia Dec 21, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Hello
      I would deeply appreciate advice on the following:
      I’m planning a flight to Manado with my family (2 adults and 2 children 11yrs old) on April 2015.
      How much time do I have to consider when I land on Wednesday at 22:05 pm with international flight (Qatar Airways from Doha) at terminal 2 D in Jakarta to take a connection flight to Manado?
      I have check-in luggage and want to take local flight to Manado at 01:45 with Batik Air at terminal 3 but I don't know if 3:40 is enough time to get off from one flight, pass through immigration (I will get the Visa in advance in France, in order to gain some time) and check our luggage in Batik Air and board the plane.

Many thanks in advance

Luis

more
    • Bali Itinerary for 5 Days

Bali Dec 20, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Hello Folks !!

I'll be traveling solo to Bali next week i.ee Dec 25-29 and i'd appreciate if anyone can help me with a good 5D itinerary.Well since theres so much to do and see in Bali,I'd like to restrict my self to Temples,nature and other aspects of cultural significance to Bali.I'm not much into beaches or night clubs.
      Also,can anyone recommend me a good tour operator ?

Thanks !!

more
    • boasnovas's Profile Photo

fair price tour.

Rantepao Dec 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Hello...I am trying to arrange a tour to Rantepao but they are charging a fortune...Can anyone recommend a reliable guide with a fair price? How much would be for a 4 days tour from Makassar? tks

more

tour guide

Makassar Nov 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Hello
      Can anyone recommend a guide to spend 4 days in Rantepao area?
      thnks

more
    • Travel Tips

Bali Dec 4, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Any tips when travel to Bali?

more
    • Bandung 22 - 26 December

Bandung Dec 10, 2014 at 9:30 PM

Hi

Am considering a short trip and Bandung is on the list. However, the impression I get is that traffic may be mad during this period. Any advice on this? What's Christmas like in Bandung?

Thanks!

more
    • Which beach for Snorkelling? getting there advice needed as well

Bali Dec 10, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Hi all

Need some quick responses as I'm trying to decide whether to visit Bali pre-Christmas till Boxing Day and need to book flights soon.

1. What beach is good for snorkeling? I did some research and seems Blue Lagoon and Amed are good?

2. The beaches that are good for snorkelling seem further away than the usual Kuta, Nusa Dua etc. How do I get there? Any idea of cost of driver and car hire? Is it possible to get a driver and car from the airport or do I have to pre-book?

3. Is it a good idea to travel from this seemingly out of the way beach to Ubud?

Thanks for replies!

more

Best way from Bali to Bromo

Indonesia Nov 28, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I am leaving from Bali heading to Yojakarta.
      I would like to visit Bromo on the way.
      What is the best way to do that? By plane? Bus?
      Tks

more

Popular Aceh Special Region Travel Answer Locations

• ReemM's Profile Photo

ELEPHANT Ridiing

Banda Aceh Aug 14, 2013 at 4:47 AM

My friends and I want to ride some elephants, what's the closet place to Banda Aceh? And How Can I get there?

1 Answer Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • ReemM's Profile Photo

Any Recommendations?

Banda Aceh Aug 11, 2013 at 6:11 AM

I am arriving to Banda Aceh on the 20th of August.
      Any advice in what I should Carry with me? Any essentials to bring along? Any type of Clothes?
      Is an umbrella required? a coat? or so?
      Thank you =)

• ReemM's Profile Photo

Any Recommendations?

Banda Aceh Aug 11, 2013 at 6:11 AM

I am arriving to Banda Aceh on the 20th of August.
      Any advice in what I should Carry with me? Any essentials to bring along? Any type of Clothes?
      Is an umbrella required? a coat? or so?
      Thank you =)

1 Answer Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • ReemM's Profile Photo

Where can I go?

Banda Aceh Jul 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I am staying for a month in Banda Aceh Indonesia.
      I have work from friday to monday every week, and a weekend every Saturday and Sunday.

So I need help about the places that I can visit in one day after work, and the other places that I should visit in the weekends as it would take more time

I would love to visit places inside and outside Banda Aceh
      Any help?
      Thank You

5 Answers May 6, 2014 at 4:20 AM
    • ReemM's Profile Photo

From Banda Aceh to Bali

Banda Aceh Jul 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I wonder what would be the cheapest way to travel to Bali from Banda Aceh, and what would be the duration?
      Thank you

5 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    • Pulau Weh accomodation

Aceh Special Region Mar 18, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Anyone now of anywhere self catering on Pulau weh ? or even with a fridge. Looking to make a 2 or 3 week deal and have to find something cheap as nearing the end of a long trip.

Also for anyone who has been what would be a workable shoe-string budget in your view. I will be eating local off the booze and spend most of time fishing and reading.

Anyone who has been please give some advice

2 Answers Mar 20, 2012 at 1:46 AM
    • One Day in Sabang - Looking For A Dive Operator

Sabang Dec 12, 2011 at 4:00 AM

I will be in Sabang for one day on a cruise ship and would be interested in doing some diving that day. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable dive operation? I was looking at Lumba Lumba but became concerned when I read reports about the quality of their air and also an incident involving a recent boat fire. Also, many references to the ripping currents in the area. Are they a factor at all dive sites or only selected ones?

• cheekin22's Profile Photo

Ramadan Season in Banda Aceh & Pulau Weh

Aceh Special Region Aug 13, 2009 at 4:49 AM

Dear members,

Wish to check..... during Ramadan season, is it easy to find foods & drinks in Banda Aceh & Pulau Weh?

Appreciate your reply :)

3 Answers Aug 14, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    • cheekin22's Profile Photo

From Banda Aceh to Medan

Aceh Special Region Jul 29, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Dear members,

Has anyone travel by land (i.e. by bus) from Banda Aceh to Medan?
      Any suggestion for the trannsport operator?

Any reply will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
      CK

1 Answer Jul 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    • amlapura's Profile Photo

Transportation from Airport to Banda Aceh

Banda Aceh Mar 8, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Hi,
      How do I get a bus from the airport to the city center? Are there many types of buses going to various destination from the airport? If so, how do I know which one goes to the city center? Thanks

3 Answers Mar 11, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    • Andaman Islands

Banda Aceh Mar 26, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to travel either by ferry/boat/air from Banda Aceh to the Andaman Islands?

1 Answer Mar 26, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    • Visa

Banda Aceh Mar 25, 2008 at 3:39 AM

Hello. I was wondering if you can get a visa on arrival at the airport at Banda Aceh? I want to fly there with Air Asia from KL. Do I need to get a visa first. I am Australian. Thanks in advance

5 Answers Jun 10, 2010 at 3:38 AM
    • Accommodation Needed

Meulaboh Mar 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in Banda Aceh and would like to visit Meulaboh.

Can anyone tell me some cheap but clean accommodation prices. Am able to drive down today (5th March) and stay for 1 night (maybe 2 dependant on how i enjoy my first night).

As you've realised I have suddenly gotten some spare time so thought i'd put it to good use.

I'm not NGO - BUT A TOURIST WHICH IS WHY I NEED SOME CHEAP ACCOMMODATION.

hOTEL NAMES AND PRICES INCLUDING TELEPHONE NUMBERS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thanks for taking the time in reading this post

1 Answer Mar 4, 2008 at 12:09 PM
    • minta bantuan sm basa aceh

Banda Aceh Jan 26, 2007 at 11:22 PM

aku orang austali dan mau tau maksudnya kata2 ini di basa aceh. apa artinya mese kee jet tepoe so ile. pasti na putroe nangroe hinan. Dan juga apa artinya lon tuan woe sawe nangroe. terima kasih!

1 Answer Oct 15, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    • sisca_s712's Profile Photo

Place to stay in banda aceh

Aceh Special Region Sep 7, 2006 at 2:24 AM

Hi..

I will visit Banda aceh on 11th of sep till 13th sep. Im really confuse about hotel in banda aceh. is there anyone can help me? I need information about hotel fare and location. I need hotel near Garuda office. pls help me. Thanks for all

2 Answers Jun 4, 2007 at 10:41 AM
    • Kuntilanak's Profile Photo

internet access in Aceh?

Aceh Special Region Mar 20, 2005 at 8:41 PM

hello everyone

in light of the tsunami, do you know if internet access is still available in Aceh? in what areas would internet access be most accessible? eg warnet, wireless internet etc

your help much needed, my thanks in advance

Katika

• How do you get to Aceh now

Aceh Special Region Apr 16, 2004 at 12:55 AM

I was just wondering how I would get to Aceh Indonesia now since the travel ban on tourists that was made last year, any information would be a great help. Thanks, Samuel.

2 Answers Dec 30, 2006 at 3:14 AM