Aceh Special Region

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• North Sumatra

North Sumatra Province Jul 13, 2015 at 2:46 PM

I am planning a trip with my 16 yr old son, and have been invited to teach English in North Sumatra. I am wondering if you would advise this trip, as to safety? Pleaseee help me with any advice you have!

Kindly,
      Colleen

more
    • Transport around North Sumatra?

North Sumatra Province Jul 27, 2015 at 1:55 PM

Hi, we're planning on visiting Ketambe for a 4 day jungle trek, and from there go to Pulau Banyak Islands- what is the best way/method to get to Singkil to get the ferry please? And time for this trip?

After few days on the island we would then like to go to lake toba for a couple of days then on to Barastagi before going back to Medan - is this the best route to do? Time required from Singtel to lake toba? And cost?

Thanks

more
    • Bali with kids at christmas

Bali Jul 18, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Hi, just after advice on where is a good place to go for 2 weeks at Christmas wih a 2.5 year old. We know the weather will be wet? But how wet and should that put us off? Was thinking Ubud but hen heard Lombok is also good with kids.

For those that have traveled with toddlers, how did you get around, did you worry about car Sears? What are good locations?

Is there anywhere that is off the tourist path that might be quieter?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
      Meals

more
    • jeannetteb1's Profile Photo

Visas, payments and money exchange

Bali Yesterday

Hi hoping for some up to date advice...

1) Am I correct that since June 2015 the visa-free policy is granted to foreign nationals of 30 additional countries and this now includes the UK so we will not now need to pay the US 35 dollar entry visa fee?

2) Is there a charge for departing the country as I have also read that the departure tax should be included in flight price. I'm getting confused reading advice to other people, on different forums on other sites. Any up to date advice would be great.

3) I know it is best to change to IDR there so would you take GBP travellers cheques or cash?

Thanks JB

more
    • Two weeks in Bali 11 - 25 July, single traveller.

Bali Jul 5, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Hello all - I hope you can help me.

I've recently retired (with my wife still working) and she's given me the OK to head off to Bali and take advantage of a bargain airfare (only just booked today) and to escape the chill of the Melbourne winter (were both heading the Thailand and UK in September so she's not missing out).

I would love it if someone could give some ideas on where to go, how to get there and where stay over the two week period. I'm quite happy to stay in a quite few places, or use just a couple as a base to explore.

We've been to Bali a couple of times for "vegging out" type holidays and stayed in Tanjung Benoa & Sanur - so you'll gather that we're not really into the party / bar scene of Kuta and similar places.

I'm treating this as a bit of an adventure to do things fairly simply and relatively cheaply (i.e. I'm not bothered about 4 star hotels) and am quite happy to try out homestays / Airbnb type accommodation. The only real criteria being quiet, clean & comfortable with food provided or nearby.

I arrive fairly late on Saturday evening so though I might spend a couple of nights in Sanure as it is fairly close to the airport and I know the area.

Thanks for any help - although I accept it is on short notice.

more
    • MariaP65's Profile Photo

day trip to Gili's or.....

Lombok Jul 23, 2015 at 11:06 AM

wondering if day trips are enough to experience the Gili islands or should be spend a few nights and on what island? Gili T?
      the plan is the spend 3 nights Bali, 6 nights Lombok, 3 nights Gili T.... and can we leave from Gili T to DPS in one trip? flight leaves at 4pm international ... or should we get an airport hotel for the night before??
      Thanks alot
      M

more
    • Expected souvenirs

Indonesia Jul 20, 2015 at 1:14 AM

Hi, just wanna know what souvenirs do you happy to received from a friend from Indonesia? look forward to your replies. Cheers :)

more
    • we still confuse which is comfortable , Hire a Private Driver or Take a taxi meter ?

Bali Jul 10, 2015 at 3:09 AM

We planed to visit Bali on Next Setember 15 with all of our family 6 persons. We will stay in Seminyak Umalas Hotel . But now we still think twice about transpotations in Bali. As we have read alot of forums and Blog that said driving a scooter is not recommended even is cheaper some time got trouble with the cops. We have read recommended blog for a driver in Bali seminyakbalidriver.wordpress... it seem convinience for a day tour with private driver . But how about if we get to go short distance ? Do the taxi meter, that we read about bluebird taxi meter is cheaper way ? Or we keep charter the driver for whole time our stay in Seminyak ? Any suggestion please ?

more
    • Travel advice

Bali Jul 10, 2015 at 5:42 AM

With the volcanic ashes spewing do you think we should still stick to our plan of visiting Bali for week from 27th July to 2nd of august? Or we should postpone. Please advice. Thanks

more

Popular Aceh Special Region Travel Answer Locations

• Glorija's Profile Photo

Help about malaria

Banda Aceh Jun 3, 2015 at 5:05 AM

I am travelling this july to North Sumatra (Banda Aceh, Pulau Weh and then Takengon etc) and I wonder is malaria really a threat in this areas? I would really avoid taking antimalaric drug so help is needed to give direct information. Thank you!

6 Answers Jun 28, 2015 at 2:31 AM
    • Bound for Takengon - what is the best route to fly and/or drive in Sumatra?

Takengon Jan 5, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Hello there,
      I am wondering if you have traveled to the Takengon area of Indonesia. If so, can you recommend where I should fly into to get there? I am also from the PNW (Vancouver, Washington) and thought that you would have a good insight as to how I should do this travel. Thank you for your advice in advance! Connie K

3 Answers Jan 23, 2015 at 11:30 PM
    • ReemM's Profile Photo

ELEPHANT Ridiing

Banda Aceh Aug 14, 2013 at 4:47 AM

My friends and I want to ride some elephants, what's the closet place to Banda Aceh? And How Can I get there?

2 Answers Feb 4, 2015 at 3:53 AM
    • ReemM's Profile Photo

Any Recommendations?

Banda Aceh Aug 11, 2013 at 6:11 AM

I am arriving to Banda Aceh on the 20th of August.
      Any advice in what I should Carry with me? Any essentials to bring along? Any type of Clothes?
      Is an umbrella required? a coat? or so?
      Thank you =)

• ReemM's Profile Photo

Any Recommendations?

Banda Aceh Aug 11, 2013 at 6:11 AM

I am arriving to Banda Aceh on the 20th of August.
      Any advice in what I should Carry with me? Any essentials to bring along? Any type of Clothes?
      Is an umbrella required? a coat? or so?
      Thank you =)

1 Answer Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • ReemM's Profile Photo

Where can I go?

Banda Aceh Jul 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I am staying for a month in Banda Aceh Indonesia.
      I have work from friday to monday every week, and a weekend every Saturday and Sunday.

So I need help about the places that I can visit in one day after work, and the other places that I should visit in the weekends as it would take more time

I would love to visit places inside and outside Banda Aceh
      Any help?
      Thank You

5 Answers May 6, 2014 at 4:20 AM
    • ReemM's Profile Photo

From Banda Aceh to Bali

Banda Aceh Jul 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I wonder what would be the cheapest way to travel to Bali from Banda Aceh, and what would be the duration?
      Thank you

5 Answers Jul 28, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    • Pulau Weh accomodation

Aceh Special Region Mar 18, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Anyone now of anywhere self catering on Pulau weh ? or even with a fridge. Looking to make a 2 or 3 week deal and have to find something cheap as nearing the end of a long trip.

Also for anyone who has been what would be a workable shoe-string budget in your view. I will be eating local off the booze and spend most of time fishing and reading.

Anyone who has been please give some advice

2 Answers Mar 20, 2012 at 1:46 AM
    • One Day in Sabang - Looking For A Dive Operator

Sabang Dec 12, 2011 at 4:00 AM

I will be in Sabang for one day on a cruise ship and would be interested in doing some diving that day. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable dive operation? I was looking at Lumba Lumba but became concerned when I read reports about the quality of their air and also an incident involving a recent boat fire. Also, many references to the ripping currents in the area. Are they a factor at all dive sites or only selected ones?

• cheekin22's Profile Photo

Ramadan Season in Banda Aceh & Pulau Weh

Aceh Special Region Aug 13, 2009 at 4:49 AM

Dear members,

Wish to check..... during Ramadan season, is it easy to find foods & drinks in Banda Aceh & Pulau Weh?

Appreciate your reply :)

3 Answers Aug 14, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    • cheekin22's Profile Photo

From Banda Aceh to Medan

Aceh Special Region Jul 29, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Dear members,

Has anyone travel by land (i.e. by bus) from Banda Aceh to Medan?
      Any suggestion for the trannsport operator?

Any reply will be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
      CK

1 Answer Jul 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM
    • amlapura's Profile Photo

Transportation from Airport to Banda Aceh

Banda Aceh Mar 8, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Hi,
      How do I get a bus from the airport to the city center? Are there many types of buses going to various destination from the airport? If so, how do I know which one goes to the city center? Thanks

3 Answers Mar 11, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    • Andaman Islands

Banda Aceh Mar 26, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to travel either by ferry/boat/air from Banda Aceh to the Andaman Islands?

1 Answer Mar 26, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    • Visa

Banda Aceh Mar 25, 2008 at 3:39 AM

Hello. I was wondering if you can get a visa on arrival at the airport at Banda Aceh? I want to fly there with Air Asia from KL. Do I need to get a visa first. I am Australian. Thanks in advance

5 Answers Jun 10, 2010 at 3:38 AM
    • Accommodation Needed

Meulaboh Mar 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in Banda Aceh and would like to visit Meulaboh.

Can anyone tell me some cheap but clean accommodation prices. Am able to drive down today (5th March) and stay for 1 night (maybe 2 dependant on how i enjoy my first night).

As you've realised I have suddenly gotten some spare time so thought i'd put it to good use.

I'm not NGO - BUT A TOURIST WHICH IS WHY I NEED SOME CHEAP ACCOMMODATION.

hOTEL NAMES AND PRICES INCLUDING TELEPHONE NUMBERS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thanks for taking the time in reading this post

1 Answer Mar 4, 2008 at 12:09 PM
    • minta bantuan sm basa aceh

Banda Aceh Jan 26, 2007 at 11:22 PM

aku orang austali dan mau tau maksudnya kata2 ini di basa aceh. apa artinya mese kee jet tepoe so ile. pasti na putroe nangroe hinan. Dan juga apa artinya lon tuan woe sawe nangroe. terima kasih!

1 Answer Oct 15, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    • sisca_s712's Profile Photo

Place to stay in banda aceh

Aceh Special Region Sep 7, 2006 at 2:24 AM

Hi..

I will visit Banda aceh on 11th of sep till 13th sep. Im really confuse about hotel in banda aceh. is there anyone can help me? I need information about hotel fare and location. I need hotel near Garuda office. pls help me. Thanks for all

2 Answers Jun 4, 2007 at 10:41 AM
    • Kuntilanak's Profile Photo

internet access in Aceh?

Aceh Special Region Mar 20, 2005 at 8:41 PM

hello everyone

in light of the tsunami, do you know if internet access is still available in Aceh? in what areas would internet access be most accessible? eg warnet, wireless internet etc

your help much needed, my thanks in advance

Katika

• How do you get to Aceh now

Aceh Special Region Apr 16, 2004 at 12:55 AM

I was just wondering how I would get to Aceh Indonesia now since the travel ban on tourists that was made last year, any information would be a great help. Thanks, Samuel.

2 Answers Dec 30, 2006 at 3:14 AM