Accra Travel Answers

change location

Ghanian son in law visit to Jamaica

by benardkluvi Online Now May 23, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Hi,
I want my son-in-law to visit me in Jamaica, but every time he goes to apply for a transit visa for one of the countries that he needs to go through he is always refused a visa which is quite frustrating for us.
I recently found out that Delta Airlines has flights from Ghana to Jamaica but there is a stopover in Atlanta for either 15:08 or for about 6 hrs depending on the flight chosen.Would he need a transit visa for any of these flights? I need advise please.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Ghanian son in law visit to Jamaica

by Odinnthor Online Now May 23, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Ahh! Two of my favorite countries!! I always tend to linger in both Jamaica and in Ghana. What a pleasure it is to visit both. I lived in Jah Town way back in the day........and I have played futbol with the kids in the villages outside Accra........d:o)

OK, I digress. If the flight is a through flight with both flights being Delta, - and if you do not leave the transit area, you should not need a visa. In fact, if you do not have to leave the security area, you should not need a transit visa. However if anyone else has a different idea, better follow their advise. These rules change faster than I can keep up. Hope someone can either verify or update my response.

Good luck! One love me brethren.......d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Ghanian son in law visit to Jamaica

by Odinnthor Online Now May 23, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Here is some information that might help. It appears that my first response may not be accurate, after reading the following pages.

travel.state.gov/visa/temp/t...

travel.state.gov/visa/temp/w...

This is a direct quote, and I do not see that the exceptions cover Ghana.

"A citizen of a foreign country traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the United States (U.S.) in route to a foreign destination requires a valid transit (C) visa. Exceptions to this requirement include those travelers eligible to transit the U.S. visa free under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) or travelers who are nationals of a country which has an agreement with the U.S. allowing their citizens to travel to the U.S. without visas."

Sorry I got your hopes up pal. Better to be sure. Good luck!

• Re: Ghanian son in law visit to Jamaica

by Kani456 Online Now Jun 9, 2011 at 1:32 AM

Are you want to go africa by flight?
    I can advice you to africa by flight, car all travel .
    There are many options of flights. For more detail you can call on
    +44 (0) 20 8099 1011.
    thanks

• Re: Ghanian son in law visit to Jamaica

by Kani456 Online Now Jun 9, 2011 at 3:59 AM

Hi I want to travel to ACCRA . any one tell me about the best flights to accra
    Some one tell me about best flights to ACCRA.
    and also give the contact no. of them which is : +44 (0) 20 8099 1011
    The Edinburgh International Festival is the hottest and most popular summer event in UK! It happens every year between August and September (this year it is from Aug 12 to Sep 4) and it's about three weeks long.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Accra