Accra Travel Answers

change location
pieface533's Profile Photo

Need advice on booking flight & hotel

by pieface533 Online Now May 15, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I plan to visit Accra, Ghana,for one week in July,2010. So far, I'm overwhlemed with selecting a reputable travel service to book my flight&hotel reservations. For example, on one hand, most online travel agencies(expedia for example) assert that they can save you around400.00, if you book both flight & hotel reservations with them, which their package comes to,approximately,2,700.

But , when I separately research a R.T. flight through expedia for1,600(taxes &fees included),then consider the hotel, "Airport View Hotel," at90.00 per day, for five nights($450.00usd), I save650.00.

Therefore, please give me details at how some of you booked your trip to Ghana, even if you bought into a tour package. Also, did you get a refundable ticket in case you would have to cancel for some reason?

Thanks,
Moe

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Need advice on booking flight & hotel

by Odinnthor Online Now May 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Hello Moe, and welcome to VT. I think you may like it here.....d:o)

I am probably not going to be much help here, as I do not have recent experience in booking flights or hotels in Accra. However, it is invariably cheaper to book flights and hotels seperately in West Africa. Always try the airline websites as well, as often they are less than the booking websites. Also check several booking websites.

For hotels in Accra, booking direct is likely the best way.

I have travelled several times to Ghana, but mostly with a group of people so different rules apply. The times I hung out with the locals after letting the tours go home, I mostly just booked a quick shuttle flight to somewhere else, or drove across to Togo and Benin.

Here is my page on Ghana. It is my favorite in Africa. I have travelled extensively on the continent, and am always happy in Ghana. Good luck pal!

"Ghana, after the conflicts, things are looking up!" - Ghana by Odinnthor

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieface533's Profile Photo

by pieface533 Online Now May 15, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Thanks for the welcome to VT, Odinnthor. I see that my hunch was right to book my flight & hotel separately. Again, thanks for the advice, and the link.

Moe

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now May 15, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Anytime compadre. Have a great trip.....d:o)

• stevee's Profile Photo

by stevee Online Now May 21, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Try these 2 sites. Typically their tickets are non refundable and not changeable.

http://www.flycheapabroad.com

https://travel.tickets-to-europe.com

• pieface533's Profile Photo

by pieface533 Online Now May 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Thanks for the links!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines