Accra Travel Answers

change location

going to Ghana in February 2008

by 8helen Online Now Jan 15, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Hello everybody,

I am married to a Ghanian guy who lived most of his life in Europe.I said this because he is not helping me about Ghana so I decided to ask you.
We are going to Accra to visit his family.
I am wondering what things I should do there.Is it safe me and my daughter to go around without him.
Is there big shopping centres to get food for my 6 years old daughter as she is a pain when it comes to food:).

we will stay 10 days.Please tell me which places I should see.
Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: going to Ghana in February 2008

by hedgie37 Online Now Feb 25, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Hi, this might be a little late but I just wanted to reassure you that in my experience Ghana is a very safe place, I am a 23 year old woman and lived there for three months by myself through their elections and felt safer there than in England. The most dangerous thing i experienced was the driving! I didn't spend much time in Accra so can't help out much with the shopping centre but I found you can get bread and something to spread on it almost anywhere. As for things to do Cape Coast castle is well worth a look and only a 3 hour journey from Accra.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: going to Ghana in February 2008

by 8helen Online Now Mar 5, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Thanks for your reply,
    I just came back from Ghana.I loved the place,people,everything about it.I wanna go again.
    Food and the place we stayed everything was great

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Accra