Acapulco

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Acapulco travel since hurricane

by Janetbsparky Online Now Nov 21, 2013 at 5:43 AM

I am going to Acapulco to Galeon y Valero for feb and March. Is it safe for me? I'm a 63 yr old woman going alone

1 Answer Feb 27, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    • AtlantaPaul's Profile Photo

Take smartphone to Acapulco

by AtlantaPaul Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I live in the U.S. and was wondering if taking a smartphone with a prepaid data plan with me on my upcoming trip to Acapulco would be a wise decision? Would it help me get around the city more efficiently?

4 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    • acapulco

by lfelm Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 9:55 AM

has anyone traveled to acapulco since the incident in february of 2013

• Question title

by anayely Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM

what are some customs in acapulco

2 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

From Acapulco to Oaxaca by bus

by fool_moon Online Now Jan 6, 2013 at 8:29 AM

How can I get by bus from Acapulco to Oaxaca avoiding to go via Mexico City? It seems that there is no direct connection but I cant even find a bus from Acapulco to Puerto Escondido. From there to Oaxaca exists a daily bus, so the question is to find a way from Acapulco to P.Escondido, maybe with a bus change underway.

7 Answers Jan 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    • How to get to Divers

by vonysc Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Bit confused, ariving in Acapulco from cruise ship terminal and want to see the divers. But some replys say you can walk to see them and others say you have to get a taxi. Fairly fit. Can anyone help. Thanks Vonysc.

3 Answers Oct 6, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    • Gallexi's Profile Photo

Price of Taxis

by Gallexi Online Now Sep 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Does anyone know approximately how much it would cost now to get a taxi from the Cruise Ships docking area to La Quebrada. ??

3 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    • Transportation from Acapulco to Ixtapa

by weluvtotravel Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Hi Everyone, my wife and I will be vacationing for a week in Acapulco and then traveling to Ixtapa for another week, we would like to know the best way to travel (air, bus, taxi or rent a car) and any other ideas you may have, thanks.
      Tim

1 Answer Mar 6, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    • Does Anyone Remember "Puesta del Sol" in Pie de la Cuesta?

by jeana-r Online Now Feb 26, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Hi,
      I remember visiting a small hotel in Pie de la Cuesta back in the mid -90s called Puesta del Sol. Quite large, main house (most of which was closed), and 2 level garden apartment type arrangement on the beach. Shocking pink and with a landscaped area and pool. It was owned by a couple from the US (Indiana, I think) but run by a wonderful Mexican family. Can't find it anywhere on the web and am wondering if it's still around or now under new ownership with a new name.

Many thanks.
      Jeana

2 Answers Mar 5, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    • Southerner's Profile Photo

College Student Volunteer Opportunities in or near Acapulco

by Southerner Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 7:51 AM

I have the opportunity to bring six college undergraduates to Acapulco (lodging has been provided for free)in May 2010. Does anyone know of a place they can volunteer their services? They are interested in community planning, working with children and poverty issues. (Half of them are fluent in Spanish.)
      Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 13, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Pie de la cuesta

by ChioQuiroz Online Now Nov 20, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Hi
      I'm planning to go to Pie de la cuesta, has anyone have any info on hotels or apartments to rent?
      tks

• Cliff Divers

by jebwatt Online Now Aug 18, 2009 at 7:38 PM

How do I get from the cruise port to the site of the divers?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    • Travel between cities

by jimandterricoombs Online Now Jan 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM

On April 2, 2009 I need to travel from Acapulco cruise ship port to the Ixtapa Airport. I am having difficulty searching the Internet for any buses, cars, etc. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks! Terri

2 Answers Jan 30, 2009 at 6:55 PM
    • cliff diving

by beachbum4ever Online Now Dec 14, 2008 at 6:59 PM

is anyone allowed to do the cliff diving?

• Hotel Help

by quotingjoe Online Now Oct 8, 2008 at 8:32 AM

I have been trying to decide which hotel to stay at in Acapulco. It has come down to either the Grand Mayan or the Mayan Palace. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• transportation for disabled traveler

by MellowMel Online Now Sep 25, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Arriving via cruise ship, most of a day to tour, and wonder if we should pre-arrange for a car & driver for a disabled traveler. The cruise excursions are too long or not accessible for wheelchair confined. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Sep 26, 2008 at 5:28 AM
    • Acapulco to Guadalupe

by susannon Online Now Apr 7, 2008 at 10:24 AM

I am arriving by cruise ship into Acapulco and want to go to Our Lady of Guadalupe outside Mexico City. I have about 8 hours. Can it be done?

Thank you,

Susannon

3 Answers Apr 8, 2008 at 3:23 AM
    • One day in Acapulco

by ginny929 Online Now Jan 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Hello all, My husband & I will be Acapulco for one day, coming in via cruise ship. I was in Acapulco twenty years ago with girlfriends after graduating college and loved it. What should we do for the day?? I know we must see the cliff divers, but the ship will be in port from 10:00 am to 1:00am. He loves the water, I love the beach any suggestions would be great. Thanks Ginny

• parasailing

by brennad Online Now Dec 18, 2007 at 2:40 PM

we are a group of 7 (the youngest is 17) could you tell me what the "average" price for parasailing is?

1 Answer Dec 25, 2007 at 12:41 AM
    • acprincess's Profile Photo

city tours from the cruise terminal

by acprincess Online Now Nov 5, 2007 at 1:14 PM

I'm going to be in Acapulco for an afternoon and evening, arriving at noon on a cruise ship. My mother wants to take a city tour that includes the cliff divers. My sister is phobic about not booking it through the cruise line because she doesn't want to overpay. I've heard about someone called Rosie, but I can't find any contact info for her on the internet. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Acprincess

2 Answers Aug 28, 2008 at 6:51 AM
    • Currency in Acapulco

by dragonannie Online Now Oct 24, 2007 at 4:31 AM

We've been to Mexico before and never had to worry about local currency - dollars have sufficed. Is this also true for Acapulco? We will only be there a day before boarding a cruise-ship. Thanks.

4 Answers Oct 29, 2007 at 3:24 PM
    • Divers--how do you get there and other questions

by dbutturff Online Now Oct 18, 2007 at 11:35 PM

What is an economical way to get to the divers. What are the best viewing places? Any specific restaurants? Should one reserve in advance? Thank you so much. Diane

2 Answers Oct 19, 2007 at 11:52 AM
    • Mikey64's Profile Photo

Confusing... Please Help

by Mikey64 Online Now Oct 1, 2007 at 6:57 PM

I've read a few reviews and I am seeing quite a bit more so-so reviews than I expected. I'm a corporate pilot and we're going to Acapulco on Oct 18 for 3 nights. Looking for something close to a happening club, nice hotel with a view and a balcony, not outrageous expensive, and with a fantastic pool. Any recommendations? Thank you!

2 Answers Oct 2, 2007 at 7:31 AM
    • how close to the cliff divers is las brisas

by ellyb39 Online Now Oct 1, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Hello, we have one night in acapulco and would like to see the cliff divers. how close is los brisas to the divers, can we get a taxi there? thanks eleanor

4 Answers Oct 2, 2007 at 7:35 AM
    • stevin's Profile Photo

Gay acapulco?

by stevin Online Now Aug 27, 2007 at 6:38 PM

My friend and I visited Puerto Vallarta last year and had a blast.

Would like to visit somewhere else in Mexico.

Anyone think Acapulco is worth a visit?

We're looking for something less American touristy, with a nice Mexican vibe, not too pricey, but still safe and fun.

Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Aug 28, 2008 at 6:46 AM
    • doxtran's Profile Photo

acapulco in mid august. it is worth it? too rainy?

by doxtran Online Now Jul 26, 2007 at 8:18 AM

I´m planning to go to acapulco from august 20th for a week. I´d like to know if I should reconsider this because it is usually too rainy there ( or maybe it is not that bad ). of course weather isn´t that predictible but any info will help me to decide this trip.

thanx!!

jorge

1 Answer Jul 28, 2007 at 2:54 PM
    • kgeorg's Profile Photo

Cheap accommodation

by kgeorg Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Hello,

I am going to Acapulco with a friend for a week in the end of May. Our budget is very limited so we are looking for something cheap but pleasant, with a shower ensuite and preferably with a refrigerator. I read about Villa Romana (Av. López Mateos 185), but it seems it is not possible to book it online. Does anyone know about some nice place for up to about 40 US dollars per room? No need to be in the touristic area.

Thank you,

Katya

2 Answers Apr 7, 2007 at 4:07 PM
    • Aquarium

by marchmonkey Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 11:57 AM

We are cruising the Mexican Riveria with our two children, 12 and 13, as well as their grandparents. We have one day and evening in Acapulco, December 26th. I was wondering about the Waterpark/Aquarium since no one else appears to have mentioned it. I know by that point, they may be a bit exhausted of history, local shopping and "proper behavior". My idea was to do the waterpark early and then catch the cliff divers at sunset. Is this remotely a good idea? I also cannot find any prices for the waterpark. How crowded does it get? Any comments would be appreciated. From what I have heard Acapulco can be a bit intimidating when you first arrive with vendors and beggars and we want to have somewhat of a plan in place before arriving. Thanks.

5 Answers Mar 30, 2007 at 4:05 PM
    • One Day in Acapulco

by jeana-r Online Now Jan 29, 2007 at 6:47 AM

Hi,
      Will only be in Acapulco one day, departing a cruise ship, and leaving very early the next moring for a 7:00 am flight. I have been reading this forum and learned than the downtown (zocalo area) will be very close to the cruise ship.
      Unfortunately, I'll have my luggage with me and won't be able to sightsee until I drop it at a hotel, but I'll probably want to head back to this area for the day.
      Can anyone suggest a safe inexpensive hotel for the night, close enough for sightseeing and an early dinner (walking distance would be great, but not essential), but even more importantly, easy enough to get a cab at 5:00 am the next morning?
      Probably should also ask if it is possible to reserve a taxi for that time, and how reliable that might be.
      I am single, traveling solo, so safety is also of importance to me.
      Thanks,
      Jeana

1 Answer Feb 6, 2007 at 6:52 PM
    • Spring Break 2007 Acapulco

by jerry5115 Online Now Jan 7, 2007 at 3:45 PM

Im going to Acapulco in early March with 6 other college kids and are staying at the Crown Plaza. I have heard different reviews of this hotel and was wondering if anyone knows the social scene there during spring break and what it is like in terms of the party atmosphere? please let me know