by giampiero6 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Check out the Local Customs

Acapulco Local Customs

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Question title

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I am sure that all of Mexico has similiar customs in respect to country and religion, such as Cinco De Mayo ( Victory over France), Dia de los Muertos (the Day of the Dead) which is also known as 'All Soul's Day'. On this day, people come together to pray for the deceased family members and friends. Perhaps these are more tradition than customs. Acapulco is a city and on the coast, it is a tourist draw. Customs are more seen inland and within communities. A fiesta is held by every part of Mexico and it seems like every day is a different one. Ole! Of course, the custom of having tamales during the months of December into January at Christmas time and New Years Day is a custom and tradition of the Mexican people for centuries and I get excited for the Chile Verde Con Cerdo Tamal(green peppers sauce with pork tamale) and I am not even Mexican.Mexico enjoys music and the music is lively or a weeping guitar. The Mariachi band is one of the most well known Mexican custom with a head singer and different musical instruments. As small as three or four up to 20 musicans can be in a band. Ranchera is more of a music of pride going back to the revolution. Flamenco from Spain is also a popular dance form in Mexico. Banda is a mixture of all of these including Polka to make the sound unique. Folk dancing is a custom of Mexico with many styles. Maybe you may have heard of the Mexican Hat Dance? One custom is one of politeness. Do not speak Loudly for it is considered rude. Use gracias (thank you) and por favor (please) in your requests or questions and you will be warmly welcomed. Last, but not least is the La Quebrada Cliff Divers, Acapulco's must see event. See my VT Acapulco page for this event and now a traditional custom: "THE CLAVADISTAS/THE CLIFF DIVERS" - Cliff Divers Tip by travelgourmet

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines